Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ParadoX

making a trade bot

I would like to make a trading bot, like Iduna, who is currently in votd.

I want it to be so that when ppl pm my bot with 'help', it tells them all commands he understands, and when they pm 'inv' he shows them what he sells and when they pm him with 'wanted' he shows them what hes buying, and i want it to be so that when ppl wanna buy something from my bot they have to trade him, and then pm him with 'buy <quantity> <item name>' and then my bot has to say how many gold they owe him and they have to give him the gold and then press accept twice and my bot has to accept then too, but only if they've given him enough money. And i want it to be so that when they give my bot for example 300 gc for an item that costs 250 gc, he gives them 50 gc back and also when ppl wanna sell something they just put it in trade and the bot has to give them enough money automatically. So, basically i want a bot exactly the same as Iduna.. :(

I would like to know what it would cost me to make such a bot, for trading only, and how i could make it. I have no knowledge of programming, except for a tiny bit of html. Could the maker of Iduna maybe give me the code to program the bot, so i could make my own bot just like it, or is that considered plagiary?

By the way, how do i get the money back from my bot after he's sold items and how does the bot get the items from me that he has to sell?

Thanks, ParadoX

Yes you need a program to run the trade bot (you asked for access to Iduna/Iluna's code). You also need it approved and pay the registration fee (check the "Register Your Bot" button at the top of the forum pages). You also need a computer where this program will run.

I presume other bot owners do what I do - they allow a select group of people (maybe only 1 person) to trade items to the bot that it can sell and to remove items and money from the bot by trading with it.

Actually 100$ is for a bot with increased carrying capacity,

a tradebot in it's basic form with only the capacity you give him by levelling him up before you declare him a bot will cost you only

20$.

hmm ill think about it then.. i can train a bot till lvl 25 or something and put all pps in phys for loads of carry capacity... i just dont know how to make a char into a bot :) like i said, i know nothing about programming so it'd be nice if some1 could get me a program for a trade bot that can do everything i described in my first post, so i could adjust it a bit to make it how i want my bot to be..

by the way, i also want my bot to have a 'donate' function so i can give the bot stuff to sell and then i get the money for it..

hmm ill think about it then.. i can train a bot till lvl 25 or something and put all pps in phys for loads of carry capacity... i just dont know how to make a char into a bot :)

A bot starts out as a normal character. You create it, play it, level it, etc. until you're ready to register it as a bot. You register it by clicking the "Register your Bot" button at the top of any forum page and filling in the form. Eventually someone will review it and, if you've given the proper information, approve it.

Once the bot is approved you can use a program running on a computer somewhere to log in as the bot's character. I my case, The_Bard in WSC is controlled by a program running on a computer in my home. For the bot to be available all the time, the computer it runs on must be up and connected all the time.

like i said, i know nothing about programming so it'd be nice if some1 could get me a program for a trade bot that can do everything i described in my first post, so i could adjust it a bit to make it how i want my bot to be..

by the way, i also want my bot to have a 'donate' function so i can give the bot stuff to sell and then i get the money for it..

This thread has links to some available bot programs:

Bot thread

I believe they'll all need some customization to do exactly what you want. I used the redknight code as an example, but wrote my own code from the bottom up. (I didn't need trade functions.) Some of the code may need further tweaking because of the recent client and server updates.

After your bot is approved and while you're working on the program, you need to use the EL test server (port 2001 as opposed to the normal port 2000). A bot can make an excellent spam generator - usually by accident - and the Powers That Be won't stand for that on the main server.

Dave

well i wont be able to have my computer on 24/7 but i usually turn it on in the morning and keep it running all day till like 1 am, unless i have school, then i usually turn my comp on at 4pm or something till midnight..

by the way, the redknight link on that thread doesnt work and i dont understand any of the rest lol :P

Edited by ParadoX