Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sam3773

Auto Harvester

Ent, youve aloud auto harvesters as long as they DONT drop the stuff in a bag, i think you or one of the other people like learner should make an EL auto harvester that can be downloaded from the el site, witch auto clicks but does not drop it in a bag, and change the rules to thats the only one your aloud to use in EL

Why not implement it into the game? I already wanted to suggest that but since this thread was opened:

It is really annoying to click so often while harvesting, what If you make an option that can be turned on/off OR changed which will enable to harvest 5, 10, 20, 30 or 50 times automatically with pauses of 1 second between each harvest. The menu to change the amount of auto-clicks can be put into the inventory, right under "Quantity". The auto-clicks should also be automatically stopped when in the inventory gets full.

OR just let each click that is carried out with a pickaxe icon on a flower/mineral & any other harvestable item do 10, 25 or 50 auto-clicks (again until inventory gets full or the user clicks, so the user should be able to abort the auto-function with a single click).

Something like that without any bots, scripts and stuf... an ingame feature.

]I agree with that last post. I dont really like scripts, but I do find harvesting takes a toll on my hands. Then the constant typing I do helping out otherpeople, and then all the other clicking I do lol. It does get kind of annoying at ties and tiring.

something like this has been suggested. you click once on you get like 10 messages to say if you fail them or not. this way it makes it easyer but it doesnt mean you can walk way from you pc while harvesting

No, if we impliment it into the game, people will use it becasue its there, if it was a separate download, only people who are lazy and want to cheat can get it, the rest can mine honistly

It's not about laziness & cheating, but monotony & boring unnecessary clicking. You don't need any skills to do the clicking. If Entropy allowed stand-alone scripts for mouse clicking he might share my opinion, at least I hope he does. If you let 1 harvesting click with you mouse carry out 15 or 25 auto-clicks it's not much, but would make our gaming experience much more enjoyable. You'll still have to be in front of you PC to do this. 15 clicks are what? 30 seconds? (1sec. for the click & 1 sec pause)

I really dislike scripts, but if it is implemented directly to the game, then you could more easily monitor the use of other macros.

As for the amount of 1-click of the mouse, I think 5-10 max anymore is reason for insanity when trying to move and accidently clicking on the ore or cacti nearby....

And someone mentioned that make the walk only walk fight and use in taht order, sounds pretty good, but oh well whatever is changed updated removed I wil still play :)

...As for the amount of 1-click of the mouse, I think 5-10 max anymore is reason for insanity when trying to move and accidently clicking on the ore or cacti nearby....

For this reason I suggested that the user can abort the auto-clicking just by a single left-click. So if you start the auto-clicking you shouldn't click anymore until the harvesting attempts are finished, or you will abort the procedure.

Good idea Kas, I recall reading it, but I didnt remember exactly what it said so I didnt obther to writ it.

Yeah 1-click should also diengage it, and also a command in inv. screen should toggle it on/off

But if I had to guess, I am going to say Ent wont add this into game he will require you yourself to get the scripts to do it for you.

btw lol, I had to buy a new mouse yesterday, my left click button stopped working....it was about a 5 year old mouse, liked the set-up it had so I have used it with my new computer too....oh well good things arenever meant to last.

Actually, Ent is talking about adding some autoharvesting capanility into the game server side. He's just had other things he's had to take care of first.

Great news. I hope he really implements it.

You know, I was sitting by a cactus lately using an auto-left-clicking macro (which is ALLOWED! now *g*), and one important thing came to my mind that would also speak for auto-harvesting: conversation.

With this macro I'm using I cannot do both things, clicking and typing. While the macro works it blocks my keyboad output, well I can type, but I can't see what I type untill the macto stops. Anyway, with server-based auto-harvesting you could sit there near the resources and talk with ppl while your character works, without having to stop working. As I said it would be great to have options:

- harvest until full

- harvest 20, 30, 50 or 100 times automatically (with similar boxes like "Quantity")

I would even suggest making it's own window for harvesting were all this additional options can be chosen that would popup in the right bottom corner of the screen, so it doesn't disturb the console view allowing us to talk with other ppl around. And all those action messages for harvesting would then appear within this special window instead of the console (like it works with magic now).

In fact I think that this feature could prove to be quite important, just think about how much time we spend at harvesting throughout the game! If you could use that time for talking with others instead of clicking dozens of times with a bored look on your face, it'll definitely improve your gaming experience and interaction with other players!

If an auto harvest is implimented into the game, there should be a penalty for using it, like, you cando it the way we do it now with a clicking , and then you could right click for auto cliker, but when thats engaged your food level shoould go down faster

Well I've set a delay in my macro that makes pauses between each click for 1500 milliseconds making it exactly one click every 1 1/2 seconds :wink: and I'm very happy with it. I wouldn't implement a penalty though, people should be encouraged to use this feature, so they can have a talk while working without any negative effects.

No penalty. The new function should allow us to not go on a clicking spree, and by no means a "get rich without doing anything" function. That said, why punish people for saving server bandwith? If you want to click a million times just so you can think you're honest and think you're better than everyone else because they're lazy, so be it. It is just going to give our fingers a chance to let the swelling go down, and to keep our mouses in good condition, not do everything for us. We are talking maybe 10 harvests at a time, so you won't be walkng off while your char goes on autopilot. Just because we want to be a little more efficient doesn't mean we want the game to play itself.

how about instead of our screens being flooded with "you failed to harvest..." and "you managed to harvest" blah blah blah

make the game do as many checks as say, your harvesting skill.. and then display "You managed to harvest X flowers" perhaps mining and "harder" stuff would be harvest skill/2 or some better thought out equation..

that would take away a lot of the OOS mousing factor without having something as mindless as a macro

how about instead of our screens being flooded with "you failed to harvest..." and "you managed to harvest" blah blah blah

Personally I like sitting around, waiting until my character completes harvesting a res. Also there is this social aspect in waiting a couple of minutes for the harvesting to complete that I've been already talking about. Reducing it to 1 click is a bad idea IMHO.

worse than no clicks?

theres an easy way around people spending less time there, just increase the delay to 6 seconds or so. no-one would be able to fill up in 1 click

I feel that the current rules should apply: automated clicking without dropping is acceptable. I love this current stance and feel that a solution such as an icon above the character's head while harvesting should work. If there are people who are tasked to checking harvesting sites for players who are harvesting and dropping while AFK and there is banning as a result, I would think people would strongly be encouraged to think twice about using macros. I would even volunteer to check mines/harvesting areas myself if it meant that I could keep my method of automated clicking and chatting. I would be upset to see some of the things people have suggested go in effect. I have created auto-clickers for other games to give to their players off of their website, and I feel this may also be a viable option. If players are given a clicker, they may not be so tempted to use their own.

By the way... I'm always right. hehehe :wink: