Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ryuu

Tale of a Warrior and a Necromancer

Chapter 1: Humble Beginnings

One rainy spring morning, before the great plauge(crash). There came a newcomer to thease Eternal Lands, he was full of exitment upon arrival to the newbie island. There he harvested and talked to Raven, before she gave up the life of an islander to store peoples belongings, and oversee masses of people mixing potions, alchemising essences, and manufacturing goods.

Full of wonder the traveller arrived at Isla Prima, and watched rabbits and beavers scamper around. After a while, he set out from the peaceful shore, for a boat ride to WhiteStone, and the next boat to Desert Pines. Then to his amazment there was practically a fleet of ships in the harbor! The traveller was lost and confused and so boarded the first ship. "Welcome to Mynadar, Valley of the Dwarves".

Upon arrival, he saw alot of beavers spawning in a burst of magic sparkles, the beavers carried tha tag GoN, (which I later found stood for Gathering of Nobles). This brought up the disturbing question; if the beavers were there, why did they say they were GoN? There began my obsession with Summoning.

After completing a few quests with the dwarf at the Crystal Caverns, Ferris & Garris, and buying 15 Physique and 15 Coordination. The spirit of free enterprize started to set in, firstly, I would need a weopon (or so I thought...). So, I sought out to make the 90k gc to get the 90 platinium coins by selling.. Cactus! It took some time and many, many, clicks, but eventually I got the money (and almost enough for an oh so desirable steel shield, but alas fate would not allow it*).

Then there was an earthquake and a beam of light shot down from the heavens, and behold there was much promise of good things to come(el_000_970.zip). After the Chronoshift(server update), the Warrior, turned Necromancer, turned Merchant, departed for the Crystal Caves.

*Sadly he was lost in the cave for years, and only managed to find his way out after the plauge that had swepted the lands. All that time in the cave had left him weaker then before.

Chapter 2: Return to Eternal-Lands

The month was August; the plauge had come and gone, and it was time for a new beginning. So I returned.

Fighting foxes I made a humble trade selling scarves to the general store of Corren. Although the wages were meager, money was scarce as the lands were still recovering from the tragedy of earlier months, and I was able to afford some basic fighting equipment.

After a while, I started to feel isolated, off by myself in the woods. So I decided to join a guild. I did meet L_c in the forest one day, and mentioned that I was looking for a guild, but before there was an oppertunity for either a request to join or an invitation, I found that the guild, LoVE, was one of peace. And after being in that forest so long, I had a lust for War, Dueling, and random acts of violence(PKing).

Then, there was The Crusaders, indeed it was a fine guild. And I almost had joined their ranks when I became aware of all of their rules, in which one did not support my violent ambittions. After some more searching through the local guild listings, I found the guild that seemed to suite me best: Elysian Fields. A Player Killing guild, whos history was GoN.

I applied and to my delight, I had been accepted by the High Council. I was an Elsyian. From then on I was really shot up to speed, I quickly learned alot about PKing, and there were many guild wars. The Vikings at this point were not our enemies.

Chapter 3: Guild Hopping

After being an Elsyian for a fair amount of time and being content with it, I had gotten alot of invitations to other guilds, and at one point, I left Elysian Fields to join the Guardian Knights for reasons that are my own. I had some good times and some bad ones in the guild. Alot of fun times. Some arguments with newcomers and other people who I didn't get along with.

The guild was recreated however, and I rejoined. In alot of ways this new GarD was a success and in alot of ways a failure. My opinions about which aspects succeeded, and which failed are probably much diffrent from what some, or even the majority of the guild, would say.

Then, amidst the guilds indirection, we merged with LoVE. Yes, it had happend. Through ways I didn't expect I had joined the guild I first heard about after the great tragedy(server crash). Things went ok for a while, but many people who were very loyal to GarD did not come over and some things weren't the same, although LoVE is a great guild. And after the Departure of L_c GarD was being recreated. However, I left. After a long while of being guildless and alot of invitations, I finally decided to rejoin Elysian Fields.

Much time had passed since I first entered the Elsyian Fields, and I had grown stronger and more experianced. Tides of war were more prevolent, and the guild had become much stronger as well. However, Vikings and *O* had allied against us. As time went on though, we settled our diffrences with HardCore and another guild was created from some of the people who used to belong to it; <PRO.

UTi and others formed an alliance against us and <PRO. Then later alot of Ex-<PRO members joined us, and we were more powerful then we had ever been before.

Chapter 4: The Fall of an Empire

Everything was going well for us, interms of might and power. But because of our use of special Potion, Essence, and Equipment making, along with custom communications. The gods were displeased and placed a curse upon our guild, that reduced our power. I, and Alot of our members were angered by this, and said bad things about them, some even cursed at them and threatend to leave thease lands to do evil acts towards them(Although the meanings and seriousness is disputable).

The gods found out about this wrong doing and banished us from thease Eternal-Lands.

And here I sit before my computer. In the Realm of Real-Life. Where I rediscovered such things as "Xbox" and "Movie Theatre."

THE END

There began my obsession with Summoning.

Ryuu, thank you for sharing this obsession with me. I would never be where I am now without you.

:devlish: LR

Well done, I love how you have tied your character into all the non-RP things. :lipssealed: You were banned? I am sorry to hear it, you were always a nice chap.