Eternal Lands Official Forums
sparhawk

World Cup 2006

I could talk of how violent I see these clips of "football" (soccer, to us Americans) fans rioting, but not like there's much room to talk - LA erupted in rioting in the whole city and started torching cars when a pro basketball team from there won...

I could talk of how violent I see these clips of "football" (soccer, to us Americans) fans rioting, but not like there's much room to talk - LA erupted in rioting in the whole city and started torching cars when a pro basketball team from there won...

214827[/snapback]

Yeah, the american football was developed as a military training, and there are boxing, karate, judo, kung fu, wrestling... all are less violent than soccer.

France have a great team...Henry, Zidane, Pires, Vieira, Barthez (ok maybe not Barthez)..if they can keep all those guys fit, and Henry actually play good in International fixtures for once, France may well be the team to win.

But I think England have a better chance - and Brazil (or Brasilia in #124) have the best chance. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Adriano...they have too many great players!

But I think England have a better chance - and Brazil (or Brasilia in #124) have the best chance. Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Roberto Carlos, Kaka, Adriano...they have too many great players!

215496[/snapback]

Brasilia? Brasilia is only the capital and federal district. Brazil is the name most foreigns use, Brasilians normally prefer Brasil.

Oh, and Ronaldo only play with his name, since some seasons he does not play decent football (he needs too many chances to score, but its just my oppinion). And i think you forgot Lucio and Dida, both are top class players.

Edited by Lorck

Englaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand!! :D

This is our year lads!! :(

215627[/snapback]

This founds familiar..."This is Henmans year!"

lol yeeeaahhh right - my hope has been shattered years ago. How dare these pundits claim Wimbledon to be his year.

215496[/snapback]

Brasilia? Brasilia is only the capital and federal district. Brazil is the name most foreigns use, Brasilians normally prefer Brasil.

Oh, and Ronaldo only play with his name, since some seasons he does not play decent football (he needs too many chances to score, but its just my oppinion). And i think you forgot Lucio and Dida, both are top class players.

215776[/snapback]

Lorck, look at my post. I said 'Brasilia' only in #124 (the EternalTrivia channel which uses Brasilia). I know very well that Brasilia is only a city in Brasil. I'm not going to claim that I know more then you but please look at my post before trying to correct me!

As for Dida and Lucia. I know I missed them - but hey they aren't the flair players that can turn a game...by turning a game I mean take the ball deep in their own half, dribble their way through five players and score a goal into the top-right corner.

I still remember what happened last time...Ronaldinho lobbed our keeper :)

Time for revenge... :confused:

If I had to pick..

Ronaldo, or Adriano.. I know who I would pick, lol.

Brasil are probs the favourites, but like people have said.. Germany are at home, so an advantage to them, lol. :)

Who knows, with the form on Owen & Rooney recently, we do have a chance. :-)

It all depends on what group we get put in really, same for all teams. :) I just hope we get some n00by team like.. Holland....... Or... Some other n00by team.. lmao. :P

Edited by ChroniC

Ronaldo has'nt had a decent game in a long time.

England are not going to win it this time :P

215794[/snapback]

Lol England have no hope :)

lol MoJo...we'll see Ireland in Euro 2008...thats *IF* they qualify :P

Its actually a shame that Scotland&Ireland didn't win the bid for it. I would have loved to go raving down Dublin after a match :(

There are many teams which could win... Italy, Brasil, England, Holland, Germany, Argentina, France, Portugal.

I really doubt that the champion would not be one of the listed above. Of course, there are outsiders, but they will have a hard time to win the big boys.

lol MoJo...we'll see Ireland in Euro 2008...thats *IF* they qualify :medieval:

Its actually a shame that Scotland&Ireland didn't win the bid for it. I would have loved to go raving down Dublin after a match :P

216159[/snapback]

Dude i couldn't care if Ireland got through or not.. all i'm saying is all you England supports... just don't get too hyped up.

Edited by MoJo

Go France we will win world cup like in 1998 vs brasil 3-0 :P

brasil 0wN3d!!!!

216229[/snapback]

:P

Brasil won 5 times (58, 62, 70, 94, 2002), the last 3 finals Brasil was there, we won the America cup with the 'B' team, and we are also the actual champions of confederetions cup. :medieval:

We need to let sometimes other people win, just to make the game interesting for the others. :lol:

european country's are the best in football so brazil doesn't stand a chance :medieval:

i think either Holland/France or Italy will win

Don't worry MoJo, I know how overhyped the English supporters can get...a nation of binge drinkers, chavs and hooligans have given us a horrible image; and they all worship their chav-tastic hero called Rooney :devlish:

As for me, I only care about England cus Kieron Dyer and Michael Owen are in the squad...why? Because they play for Newcastle Utd B) Now thats what I call loyalty!

Lorck - erm I have nothing to say :P Brazil really are the best team in the world. But we all know that the great stars of the world play in Europe :D The money that can be earned is SOOo much greater...and its safer and less corrupt than in South America. I'm sure you understand.

Martyna_PL - Poland...are you serious? If you are then good luck...I'm sure Poland will need it more then England.

C'mon Newcastle Utd!