sparhawk

World Cup 2006

rofl shame on u and ur from england...

213573[/snapback]

rule britania, britanian rules the waves lalala

thats England in case you are confused

Scotland lost ages ago

as did Wales, Irlenand , N.I., USA :)

IF australia get there this bloody time then go the aussies!!!!! otherwise would like to see england brasil final i think that woudl be good. The most entertaining soccer will get my vote for who i want to stay ni the longest and usually its brasil and maybe argentina. cant wait for it though ! im so excited!!!

:lol:

I don't follow the "football" that much - it hasn't seemed very popular in America, not that I'm that big into any sport.

I think soccer (as we call it, gets us two sports to play :D) is still more a youth phenomena here, than an actual accepted sport.

I don't follow the "football" that much - it hasn't seemed very popular in America, not that I'm that big into any sport.

I think soccer (as we call it, gets us two sports to play :D) is still more a youth phenomena here, than an actual accepted sport.

213644[/snapback]

I'm European and I couldn't care less about football. Unfortunately, for the next few months I will have to bear idiots trying to enlighten me on the current World Cup developments and so on. Poland qualified for the eliminations round, but it's going to lose the next few matches and fall out from the group, which has been clear to every intelligent person from the very beginning. However, the country will fall into total apathy and everyone will wonder how could it happen that we didn't become world champions. Some heads from the sports ministry will have to rolll, of course.

Being intelligent sucks.

Of course...my MONEY is on Brazil. But my heart (or lack of thereof) is on England - and thats only if any NUFC players are in there...(Michael Owen, Dyer, Parker). Rooney will prove to be the key player - just hope he keeps his temper down.

Holland have a great football team too but they won't achieve anything if they don't work as a team...and thats something they find hard to do. They have great players and always have, but its their team mentality that lets them down. Robben will be influential if he stays fit.

A word on France, still a powerhouse of a team if you link up Henry and Zizi. The former world #1 is still going strong, but overshadowed now by previous poor tournament results. It'll be Zidanes last major tournament, and the curtain will close on one of the greatest players to ever play the game.

Germany, as host nations have a fresher team compared to the 90s now. I don't think they are real contenders but they usually do well in tournaments; the fitness of Ballack will be crucial here.

I'll say something about Italy and Argentina later.

Edited by MagpieLee

for england - keep becks under control

-keep rooney under control

-give owen THROUGH BALLS (tht is was speed is for >_<)

-and then something shud happen... but pffff

personally i like holland :devlish:

though england ftw!

germany won't hold it together, italy will be formiddable as always, brasil will be the tough cookie, but get held down by an under-dog, france will be plague by amazing players with big ego's doing nothing...

spain and portugal... if they are in it, shud fancy their chance's... raul the poacher for golden boot :devlish:

shud be a good world cup for once.. :devlish:

The one and only Czech republic, but first we must defeat Norway in play-offs to qualify...

Bad news for Norway - Pavel Nedved is coming back :lurker:

Man, how i hate dutch team, they beated us twice in group, wish them to loose with Angola in World Cup group, that would be fun :lipssealed:

Also Argentina, Portugal and Serbia have cool teams :lurker:

Man, how i hate dutch team, they beated us twice in group, wish them to loose with Angola in World Cup group, that would be fun

youre not nice :lipssealed:

but yeah dunno if holland will win.. they got amazing players but *sigh* teamwork....-_-" lets talk about something else :lurker:

Man, how i hate dutch team, they beated us twice in group, wish them to loose with Angola in World Cup group, that would be fun

youre not nice :lipssealed:

but yeah dunno if holland will win.. they got amazing players but *sigh* teamwork....-_-" lets talk about something else :lurker:

213783[/snapback]

Thats so true.The only thing thats hold the orange back!I dont get why these players dont work out their defferneces

I don´t like Brazil :D

Agreeable are Italy and England, but best is of course Czech republic :D:P

Edited by Nicoll

It happens all the time...

a thread with people talking about football (or any other sport) and people start coming in guns blazing and nearly flaming. lol

Hooligans yeah well...its always worser in other countries :P