Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dark_Nightmare

Legend of Polaris and the Northern Draegoni...

The Legend of Polaris

You have most likely heard or even seen of Iscalrith, the far south city of the Draegoni. And most likely other places, like Dra Syn and Glaecmor. Well, there is a fabled continent, farther north than Irilion or Seridia, farther north than any other legendary continents. It is entirely made of ice, solid ice. It, somehow magically,doesn't fall fromt he sky, considering it's 6ft above sea level. They say it was magically created when Centau, while trashing in the sea, caused a wave that was manipulated by Mortos to head to Seridia that and sink the continent. So Glydoc, with the help of the Dragons, froze it and magically suspended it above the ocean. Then, since they knew the draegoni's attraction to cold climates, made it habitable and gave life to a new race of draegoni on it.

They had the intelligence and wisdom of a draegoni, and the strength, loyaty, and size of an orchan. They are more dragon than human. They are humanoid, but their entire bodies are covered in scales, their heads are those of dragons, the legs, basically they are dragons in all respects but in human shape. They are twice as large as normal men. So far, no one has seen them and they only exist in Draegoni Folklore. They made no contact with the outside except on one occasion when a black iceberg broke of and nestled into the seas, creating the Isle of Black Ice. The inhabitants of the island traded their mystic baubles for elven trinkets, gnomish inventions, orchan weapons, and dwarven jewels. The island was eventually lost and now only exists in legends...

Polaris' inhabitants aren't only the Draegoni, but penguins, polar bears, and other common northern creatures. There are also Orchans there, all blue due to generations of living in cold weather. The continent has beautiful palaces of ice, and when the sun rises, it's like the island erupts with color, everything in every color of the rainbow. Many scholars and mappers denie this idea, but there are those who hope...

The island is filled with many magical wonders. There are the mines of Zarin, where it is a column-supported tunnel with the walls being lined with every mineral imaginable. Then, there are the Gardens of Aluwen. These are the homes to beutiful gardens that reprsent the the world's many climates. A tropical forest, a boreal forest, a decidous forest, a desert, and a autumn forest are all there, not including a smal garden with every flower known to man and beast. Each garden is guarded by a Chimera of it's own (desert=desert, boreal=forest, etc.).

The Draconic have magical items. They have enchanted self-driving wagons that only need to be magically set a destination on solid land and it'll bring you there. Then, there are their swords. They only use one type of sword, the serpent sword. They have made iron serpents, steel serpents, and the popular titanium serpent. And also, most of them are enchanted. For sheilds, they don't use wooden ones, but use iron, steel, and titanium ones. And for helms they make steel ones and titanium ones. They have made the same improvments to plate, greaves, and cuisses. How they came by this craftsmenship and technology is a myster lost in time...

Much is unknown about them. All scriptures that exist about them are either lost in ancient Draegoni caves like Bethel or in locked up and concealed keeps like the Great Library of the Draegoni. Many have searched for Polaris and it's riches but few have returned, and those who do usually come back empty-handed. Will we ever find Polaris only time will tell...

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

Gramatical Errors. many. I will not edit it until you add a little more. This is, in fact Draegoni folklore as stated in the last sentence. Push a little more information and history into it. Seperate it up into multiple paragraphs, but interesting story, I await its complition.

There, done. Thoguh I don't think we'll se any of these for Draconic Draegoni unless enough people can over-rule Roja or he changes his stubborn yet just ways :lol:

The draegoni race will not change. This *might* serve as folklore though. Something you tell by the campfire at night.

And since it is pure myth/fantasy you might want to add something about a fabled treasure or something similar.

There has been one thing bothering me about this story. You start off by saying, "It, somehow magically, it doesn't sink," which makes it sound like the ice is floating on the water. Then you say, "So Glydoc, with the help of the Dragons, froze it and magically suspended it above the ocean," which makes me think that it is floating in the air above the water. Personally, I would rather see it floating in the air because ice floating on water isn't that magical, but it is your story and you can have it say whatever you want.

There, done. Thoguh I don't think we'll se any of these for Draconic Draegoni unless enough people can over-rule Roja or he changes his stubborn yet just ways :lol:

213597[/snapback]

You might want to refer to Roja as "she" otherwise she may bite your head off. :) Just giving helpful advice. Now, down to proofreading

The Legend of Polaris

You have most likely heard of, or seen Iscalrith, the far south city of the Draegoni. And most likely other dwellings of the Draegoni, like Dra Syn and Glaecmor. Well, there is a fabled continent, farther north than Irilion or Seridia, farther north than any other continent. It is entirely made of ice, solid ice! It somehow magically, does not fall from the sky! Considering it's six feet above sea level. They say it was magically created while Centau was thrashing in the sea. That caused a wave that was manipulated by Mortos to head for Seridia! Its purpose being, to sink the continent. So Glydoc, with the help of his Dragons, froze it and magically suspended it above the ocean. Then, since they knew the Draegoni's attraction to cold climates, made it habitable and gave life to a new race of Draegoni.

They had the intelligence and wisdom of the normal draegoni, and the strength, loyaty, and size of an orchan. They are more dragon than human. They are humanoid, but their entire bodies are covered in scales, their heads are those of dragons, the legs, basically are dragons in all respects but in human shape. They are twice as large as normal men. So far, no one has seen them and they only exist in Draegoni folklore. They have made no contact with the outside that we know of except on one occasion when a black iceberg broke of and nestled into the seas, creating the Isle of Black Ice. The inhabitants of the island traded their mystic baubles for elven trinkets, gnomish inventions, orchan weapons, and dwarven jewels. The island was eventually lost and now only exists in legends as well.

Polaris' inhabitants aren't only the Draegoni, but penguins, polar bears, and other common northern creatures. There are also Orchans there, all blue due to generations of living in cold weather. The continent has beautiful palaces of ice, and when the sun rises, it's like the island erupts with color, everything in all colors of the rainbow. Many scholars and mappers deny this idea, but there are those who hope...

I hope you enjoyed my editing. I need to do some research on Glydoc and Centau to make sure we do not use those names inappropreitely. (No I cannot spell today)

Edited by Brom