Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saii

No scary long posts here I promise ;)

I know the Creation of the Gods Mk II thread put alot of people off so I thought I'd explain myself.

The total length of it is 13,000 words (not including a previous piece), but is not all the same thing. About 6000 of it was a narrative story deatiling a particular bit of the story in more depth.

What I'm going to do now I've finished it is write a 300 word summary of what I've done, and edit down the story itself substantially. Then if it meets with people's approval it can go up as a summary with links off to longer expanatory pieces for people who want more background for role play etc.

Summary: Creation of the Gods

In the beginning there were seven Gods - Aluwen, Mortos, Hume, Dvar, Centau, Minos and Satyr. They debated the nature, meaning and purpose of their existence for eons, yet never found any answers. Aluwen eventually proposed the creation of a world, made to test their theories. Mortos dismissed this as foolishness, but Aluwen prevailed.

First they created the world and its beasts, then the six races - made in their own images. Mortos responded by creating the Orcs. Each of the Gods, followed by their race, found certain aspects of the world to be good. Even the sceptic Mortos found conflict within his psyche, and from his own race the Orchans formed, an Orc/Human cross.

For this abominable creation he was cast into the earth.

Mortos struck back, entering the dreams of the other gods. He drove Centau mad and Dvar underground before being banished by Hume. Due to this influence however, Hume, Minos and Satyr became Elandria, Glydoc and Gaia, with only Aluwen remaining unchanged.

Mortos tried again centuries later, training Elven Unolas in the ways of the essences, and raising Selain from the Orchan. With them at his side he began a great war against the other Gods, which ended in the battle of Portland, which he lost.

After the great war, a truce was called. Glilin, a hero of the 'Aluwenist' side but as a Dwarf generally neutral to the affairs of the world was raised to provide balance to the two sides. In order to keep the war from happening again, the population of the Lands was restricted, with the Eternals (immortals from all the races whose ethereal nature only becomes physical once the've proven their worth) created to carry out the task originally intended for their ancestors - answering the question... Why?

Mortos, through Qast (nb// he needs another explanation altogether and may not be uasble), still likes to cause havoc and wants to undo the world, but seems to have accepted it for now.

---------------------

NB// Centau is a pivotal part of the extended storyline, and the first bit in general is actually fairly important to the outcome.

This is cut down to the bare bones so if the reason for anything is unclear just ask (or if you feel up to it, read the relevant bit on the creation thread).