Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
scarr

Show stats in PK only

I just heard a newbie say 'can u see some1s stats in pk?'

so i was saying 'no..but a good idea'

how about you have a spell to check some1's att/def/phy/coord

when clicking on him in PK ? (or drag the use with icon from him to you)

but the spell have a delay and if you get attacked it fails

and it cost alot mana/essence/level

i for sure luv it

?? :)

Cant you use /iknow stats <Player name>??

212759[/snapback]

You cant, if the target user has the controverse privacy feature enabled.

About the topic, maybe the spell should display a general info about the stats of a character without reveal too much detail. If not, someone would say "it would violate my privacy" or "i would be harassed by ppl who know my lvl on defense".

Quite interesting idea, however it shall not give just a/d/p/c/m/ep, but make it rather descritpive:

Teh Shivar looks weaker then you [how long? - that's a good question]. His fighting abilities are same as yours, but he is powerful magician and summoner.

Or something like this.

Edited by vanyel

being weaker in a/dp/c doesnt say much

212779[/snapback]

How about something like it: You did a scrying spell on "name_your_fave_pker". He knows exactly where to hit to get maximum damage and how to protect himself (a/d). He seems to have very good agility and health (p/c). He is good to in the magic arts but lacks some knowledge in summoning arts. (m/s).

Or: You did a scrying spell on Lorck. He seems to have an avarege training in technics of inflige damage and protecting himself (a/d). He has a mediocre agility and good health (p/c). He is average in magic arts and a nocive on summoning.(m/s)

Or: You did a scrying spell on "teh_newb". He is starting to learn how to be effective in inflicting damage and protecting himself. He looks clumsy and dont have very good health (p/c). He lacks important knowlegde in magic arts and is a novice in summoning.

I think this approach gives some knowlege without invading privacy and looks consistent with medieval augury and legends.

Guest Enyo

Derin's original idea:

Not showing actualt stats is a good thing imo. It akes a little while to adjust, but soon enough you learn who is strong and who is not.

Quite a few games do have their stats hidden, and ppl don't complain about that in those games.

Finally, there could be a wayof getting a hint or idea as to how good other players are in some areas. There could be a spell called "scry" or something. This spell will when cast reveal some info, like 3 random skills per cast (accuracy based on caster level).

Example:

<player casts scry>

Select a target for scrying

<player clicks Gunther>

Gunther is good at attacking, mediocre at manufacturing, average in summoning.

The next time this spell is cast a set of three random skills are displayed to the caster, if the caster level is low, it may show:

Gunther is average at attacking, good at defense, excellent in summoning.

So to "know" Gunther's levels you will:

1. have to cast the spell multiple times

2. have a reliable caster level, ie a high enough magic level

211159[/snapback]

As you can see, Derin already mentioned something like this but with greater detail.

As you can see, Derin already mentioned something like this but with greater detail.

212788[/snapback]

And it is a bad thing?

My goal was to add a little bit of roleplaying instead of "average on manufacturing".

And lots of ideas like this simply gone undiscussed, mainly because of ppl warping the issue and make lots of flames and trolling in the original thread (and no Enyo, I am not referring to you).

There's a slight problem with the thought of using a magic spell to reveal player information.

From the discussion in general chat about privacy, one of the larger concerns was leading persons astray - someone much bigger and badder lying about their stats before frolicking through pk areas for whatever reason.

The new & naive players will be the ones hurt by the privacy (and possibly a few old & not-very-bright as well). And generally, the new & naive aren't going to be the ones with a decent magic level..

Perhaps make the spell one of the first few available to learn? Of course, by the time you're a big bad pk'er, that'd mean your casting would be pretty accurate..

The new & naive players will be the ones hurt by the privacy (and possibly a few old & not-very-bright as well). 

212798[/snapback]

So they have to be a bit more careful. It's not like they have to go to those PK maps, is it?