Eternal Lands Official Forums

I still wanna see a wolf race...

216524[/snapback]

Well there will be shape shifting in the future so maybe you could do that instead.

Not meaning to open an old topic, but what would were-wolves (which I think is un-dignifying, should be a perk or something that affects you at night or sumthen') look like? This is my explaination of were-wolves:http://egs.5.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&...&st=0#entry2532

Not meaning to open an old topic, but what would were-wolves (which I think is un-dignifying, should be a perk or something that affects you at night or sumthen') look like? This is my explaination of were-wolves:http://egs.5.forumer.com/index.php?act=ST&...&st=0#entry2532

I'd personally think of it more like them being anthropomorphic and just ending up furry with the ears and tail and perhaps some markings on their face and whatnot, unless perhaps there could be a couple different varients, which would be cool

Werewolves..... interesting idea.

Maybe have a cycle where your character has increased stats for 1 game night in 5 (or whatever), but also make him killable on any map - just like a creature or monster! Worth repeating his increased stats and killable status only available for 1 night in a given cycle.

Only thinking out loud here and haven't thought of the ramifications, such as game balance, or should the werewolf be able to attack (like a monster) or just be attackable (like a creature), or the possibility that everyone wants this and EL becomes full of werewolves every so often, or if it can be cured, etc etc etc.

And as Lady Wolf mentioned, nothing wrong with repeating an idea.

you will be able to shapeshift into a werewolf when that skill is in the game.

My new specialization instead of summoning :)

When do you guys think it might be added in? like in a few months?

hopefully yes :D

Just wondering, what do you guys plan on making them look like? Is it going to be like transforming into the animal or becoming anthropomorphic? (I'd personally like it to be anthropomorphic)

Just wondering, what do you guys plan on making them look like? Is it going to be like transforming into the animal or becoming anthropomorphic? (I'd personally like it to be anthropomorphic)

I expect that it'll be into the form of an animal completely. 1) this is easier. we already have the meshes. 2) you can use this to try to move around in PK maps without being attacked, or to spy on people in other places, etc ^_^

I expect that it'll be into the form of an animal completely. 1) this is easier. we already have the meshes. 2) you can use this to try to move around in PK maps without being attacked, or to spy on people in other places, etc ^_^

To me though, I'd kinda find it wierd if they changed directly into the animal.

That and if you think about it, you can still be equipped with your gear if you're char becomes anthropomorphic, and not to mention it'd also make the game a little more diverse, something that anybody likes in an RPG. That and it could be animated better too, having particles appear when you do it looks better if you have fox ears and a tail after the effect (IE) than suddenly being a fourth of the size.

That and it could also be added directly onto the character's mesh like armor and clothes can be vs changing the mesh altogether, which I could imagine a few bugs arising from.

That and I'd rather see players recognizable as themselves in their shapeshifted form instead of them just being an animal.

I expect that it'll be into the form of an animal completely. 1) this is easier. we already have the meshes. 2) you can use this to try to move around in PK maps without being attacked, or to spy on people in other places, etc

I like this idea! Can I be a Were Fluffy?

The idea about shapeshifting skill is awesome :D NOW that would be really nice INTERESTING addition instead all those... nvm. At least something you can't get bored fast. If that would be new skill (depends on how costfull (don't know proper word) it would be) it could make many people shift into train it :P Including me.

And if there would be possibility to change ALSO in unique creature/mob (i mean not summonable or normal creature you can meet) it would be really great :D

Pro:

- new NICE skill, there is no way you wouldn't want to just try it ^^

- new way to get some exp,

- entertainment ?

- maybe will make some useless (for now) items usefull ?

- will get Megy back to EL :P

Con:

- can't find... maybe if that skill will be as expensive as summoning not many player will like it ? really don't know any REAL CONs

Lol kinda straying off topic :D. I beleive shape shifting is an awesome skill. I had heard of it a while back(before the big update) and is awaiting it like a lord of the rings movie(if you like them :D )

Urdrc: We have lost! Mortos has beaten us at Tassangard! Slaughtered in the tunnels! We must rally next time!

well I guess I should show u a very poorly rendered pic of what I'm saying by anthro...let me remind you, poorly rendered lol. I just started screwing with tectures and changing colors to make it at least look vaguely like my idea... *I'm colorblind btw, don't yell at me for color errors*

anthroel.jpg

I know that I'm resurecting a dead topic here but I had some ideas about lycanthropy:

1.Negative perk- instead of a skill or a race, have it be a negative perk

2.Only at night- You turn into a wolf (bear whatever) only at night

3.Drop what your doing- you drop everything when you turn

4.Die you filthy animal- you become PK-able when you turn, no matter what map you are on.

5.Death becomes you- once you are killed you revert back to a person

Just my thoughts on how it should work :D

Edited by muj0

4.Die you filthy animal- you become PK-able when you turn, no matter what map you are on.

5.Death becomes you- once you are killed you revert back to a person

Muj0 just thought of this and told me and I really like the idea.

I was thinking of ways it could work and was thinking that it could happen randomly at night. When you "turn", you drop everything and can't do anything except walk around and talk to NPC's (no picking up things/fighting/manu etc). Once you were in this state you would need to find an NPC to be changed back. Similar to hellspawn in that it stops you in your tracks and you need to do something before you can continue.

However, muj0's idea of becoming PKable is really cool (he didn't tell me that part until he posted here). That said, there isn't much point in dropping all your stuff in that case. Why would anyone PK you if they know you've already dropped your bag? I would also suggest in this scenario, that there is an NPC that you can go to to be restored so there is a possibility of keeping your stuff. A race against the PKer's essentually.

Another idea could be that you lose health while in that form so you are forced to stop what you are doing and find the NPC etc...

/edit: Forgot a couple of thoughts... :-P

Edited by Torg

I've given this more thought (with help from others). This is how I feel this could be implemented:

• 1.Negative perk- instead of a skill or a race, have it be a negative perk

2.Like Hellspawn- there's a chance when you change maps you will change into a wolf but...

3.Only at night- You turn into a wolf only at night

5. Look ma, no hands- you retain everything in your inventory but because you are an animal, you can't use it

5.Death becomes you- once you are killed (or it becomes day again) you revert back to a person

(Please notice the changes from the previous list)

Mujo. Would it not be a bit useless once they implament shape shifting?

It would sparhawk, is there any indication that it will be implemented in the next version?

However, muj0's idea of becoming PKable is really cool (he didn't tell me that part until he posted here).

Er, his idea??

Ahhh yes, sorry. That was in relation to the discussion we had about it before he posted here. I didn't notice you mentioned the PKable idea before. Great minds? :-)

Mujo. Would it not be a bit useless once they implament shape shifting?

It would sparhawk, is there any indication that it will be implemented in the next version?

I know as much as you do. Its always the "maybe", "if we are lucky", or "We shall see". But let us sit back and see what comes out of the next update.

....... one way which can only happen if ranging comes out would be to mine silver make it into bars then shape it into arrow tips and attach it onto a tree branch (this proccess is called fleching)

Do you play runescape or something!? all of that in the "quote" i made is marked "runescape"....

Edited by chrish16