Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Stats showing

What if Lorck changed his name to Fluff_ because he doesn't want to scam anymore? Isn't it nice if he was able to have this chance? And what if he did it to continue scamming? Shouldn't Ornitorrinco be smarter not to fall twice? And what are the odds of being scammed? I have been using market channel to deal before and after the storage trade feature, and was never scammed. You did raise some valid points about how it would be more realistic to be able to "measure" someone's ability by your experience, but this one about scamming I believe is no issue.

EDIT: If I was to post now my full opinion about this whole thing, I would be called 'troll' by both sides, so I prefer to post it in the future when (hopefully) people will be more relaxed :D <--- this smilie is cool!

Edited by Ornitorrinco

Scam or no scam, name change or no name change. Still doesn't matter. The possibility to be able to hide your stats is good for the ppl who wants to do it.

Soon enough you will learn how to recognize ppl anyways.

And for the name changes, in the not so far future this will be much harder (and prolly much more expensive)

Edited by Derin

He could post saying he is sorry, he will not scamm anymore and want a new opportunitty... lying about his identidy is not a good way "to not scamm anymore".

And yes, it is favorable to ppl who scamm without remorse.

And there are other ways to scamm without trades.

And scamming is only *one* of the issues.

I was acused to change the motives besides my stance. Its ridiculous since one motive does not invalidate others.

EDIT: and ppl try to counter one issue, and says "oh, the change is wonderful", without even listen the other issues.

Edited by Lorck

Guest Enyo
If some fighters choose to hide their stats, all have to do the same.

So what the choice?

Great change, it benefected Enyo, Rogue, DonPedro (everyone with high combat stats), scammers and cheaters!!!

Yeah, Enyo, that change is aweasome.

#set_privacy on

211693[/snapback]

you need to calm down..i don't appreciate what you're implying.. referring to me or rogue or donpedro or any other person who chooses to conceal their stats as cheaters and scammers.. please stop raising your typing voice with an !!! we got your point 1,000 posts ago.. this is boring.............. :D

Edited by Enyo

He could post saying he is sorry, he will not scamm anymore and want a new opportunitty... lying about his identidy is not a good way "to not scamm anymore".

And yes, it is favorable to ppl who scamm without remorse.

And there are other ways to scamm without trades.

And scamming is only *one* of the issues.

I was acused to change the motives besides my stance. Its ridiculous since one motive does not invalidate others.

211723[/snapback]

No no, sorry if I gave this impression. I didn't say you CHANGED your motives, I simply said while some of your points seem reasonable to me, this one doesn't make sense. Again, it's only my opinion, and I don't claim it to be the absolute truth :D

I don't think I truly understand why one would want to hide their stats from the rest of the public. Does it really matter if people can see where you put your pickpoints? In fact it's handy to see what is successful and what isn't.

Enyo, since you seem to be the greatest supporter of this new change, how does this benefit you as a player? And how does this benefit all of us as a community? As a game? I suppose it's because I really can't see the purpose behind this move to set privacy. Why would it matter if someone has privacy set to on or off?

Guest Enyo
Enyo, since you seem to be the greatest supporter of this new change, how does this benefit you as a player? And how does this benefit all of us as a community? As a game? I suppose it's because I really can't see the purpose behind this move to set privacy. Why would it matter if someone has privacy set to on or off?

211733[/snapback]

first of all.. this is not about enyo.. everything on el is not about enyo.. i'm so NOT important, guys. lots support this, lol.. as for my stance.. i've given.. just take the time and go back and read my posts, lol..

omg.. how did some of you manage to live your lives up until the moment you knew of enyo? i guess i really am such a powerful goddess, lol.. then bring my slaves now!! lololololol ... yay.. i'm important.. i'm somebody special.. i'm enyo :D

Edited by Enyo

first of all.. this is not about enyo.. everything on el is not about enyo.. i'm so NOT important, guys.  lots support this, lol.. as for my stance.. i've given.. just take the time and go back and read my posts, lol..

omg.. how did some of you manage to live your lives up until the moment you knew of enyo?  i guess i really am such a powerful goddess, lol.. then bring my slaves now!! lololololol ... yay.. i'm important.. i'm somebody special.. i'm enyo  :D

211737[/snapback]

I merely chose you because out of all the supporters here, you appear the most vocal and the one I knew would reply right away :)

As for looking back at all the posts, I've been reading along this entire topic and I'm still rather confused as for the motives for this change. A simple clarifying post would be quite helpful, thank you.

you need to calm down and take some prozac..i don't appreciate what you're implying.. referring to me or rogue or donpedro or any other person who chooses to conceal their stats as cheaters and scammers.. please stop raising your typing voice with an !!!  we got your point 1,000 posts ago.. now go smoke some yellow roses cause this is boring.............. :D

211726[/snapback]

I say only top fighters (you, DonPedro, Rogue, Fireballs...), scammers and cheater benefected from this. Where i said you, DonPedro, etc, are scammers or cheaters?

As for being a troll, i said 1k posts ago my points, and the only replies i get is from ppl trying to disqualifie them, or saying "the devs are perfect", "or i liked the change because it benefected me", "or saying the change brought more emotion to pk".

The only point valid, imho, is the last; but i'm not sure about it... maybe it brought more emotion to high level pk.

Plz respond to it: why the ranged stats are bad? only this... come on. It violates my privacy anyone know my harvesting lvl goes to 50-75, i will be harassed or my identidy compromissed about it?

Guest Enyo
I merely chose you because out of all the supporters here, you appear the most vocal and the one I knew would reply right away :)

211738[/snapback]

actually, i've ignored quiet a few posters.. and there are many others here posting in support of this.. so please guys stop assuming i'm so powerful unless it's just your hidden fantasy and dream to worship me in the garden of enyo.. :)

PS and MANY are using this new feature.. why does it bother you? if you want to show your stats, then do it and if not don't.. but don't tell others what they can do either. ciaooooooo teh goddess enyo :D

I like this idea, but ofcourse its not perfect, and it not everyone will like it. I am not a fighter, and never go into pk maps, so personally i have no need to use it, but still i think its a good idea, I'll start by giving the good and bad points that i cant think of about this idea

Good

1) Add's more excitment and realise in pk-ing and other skills for that matter

2) Add's more role playing to the game (and most people haven't noticed this but EL is a MMORPG)

3) Stop hasrament (or atleast redue's it

4) Stop's people getting annoying pm's asking them to make tihngs just because they have a high level

Bad

1) Scamming is easyer

2) Top 50 list is inacurate (and some say useless) now

3) Players can get a name change without being tracked by skills

I can't think of any other at the moment but im sure theres more so i invite people to post good and bad points i have missed

Now i will try to make suggestion to fix the bad points

1) All you have to do now is ask someone to turn there privace on for a short time so you can check there stats befor making a risky trade, if they say no chances are there a scammer, so there you go "kedans short guide to spoting a scammer even if they hide there stats" *i should really work on that name xD*

2) This has now been changed by rogue and looks good, nice work rogue :)

3) Well if someone pays $5 to get a name change in order to get ride of there past shouldn't they be aloud to anyway? And im sure if someone tryed to abuse this by doing it 1 or more a week entropy would start to realise something is going on (it might be hard to believe but the people who made this game do have brains :D) so i dont think it would be aloud

Ok now from some extra suggestions to make it better (IMO). First i have to say i love role playing in games and think it added alot more to a game if you can get everyone role playing and reward people for role playing so here we go.

First I would say take away the abilty to see anyone stats online, ofcourse this would cause a few problems, main one being letting people into guilds and trusting people in general. But then in real life how do you find out how good people are at something? you test them or watch them right? So even though this might be more work for guild leaders, you will have to test people befor letting them join, but atleast this way you get to know the member abit more befor letting them join. Also theres the people that like to show off how good they are, and for this i would suggest having certain items for every different skill that require levels in order to use them

So we could have fighters using there weapons and armour, but needing level 100+ average in a/d to use a tit axe and all weapons below that would need lower skills, so that way you could look at what a fighters wearing and say they most be over this lvl, and the advantage to using these weapons would be the stat bounces you get from them. Then if we take another skill like harvesting, you could have leather gloves, which give you +1 harvest level when worn but require you to have level 20+ harvesting or something, and then a pickaxe (but ofcourse you would have to bring in more items for other skills, but if you think about it one of the reason people like fighting so much is because they get to show off in there fighting gear, i personaly would love to ahve that for every skill, so as i mainly a potion maker, i would love to have the highest level potion stuff on and walk around while everyone looks and goes wow hes over blah blah level in potion) I'v only gone brefly into that idea as this isn't really the place for it but if anyone wants to hear more about it just pm me

Also another thing i would like to see is an extention to the idea that was mentiond about showing lvl's in groups, like 0-25, but to make it more of a role playing thing why not have names instead of levels, so it could be something like

0-20 Novice *name of skill*

21-40 Apprentice

41-60 Skilled

61-80 Expert

81-100 Master

101+ Obsessed

only problem with this is that some skills are harder to level than other, so maybe instead of having it level, how about change it to how high you are in that skill compared to others, so lets say you in the top 10% of a Fighting (attack and defence average) yo would be an Obsessed Fighter :lol: This way you can work out how strong people are to an exstent, so it gives people there privacy, but it still lets everyone else get a good idea of how good they are

Look, if you guys don't like this change, feel free not to play the game.

211739[/snapback]

OK!

EDIT: so i'm banned for not liking a feature? If everyone who dont like feature x quit the game, the game will be at least less popular.

Edited by Lorck

this new stats showing and privacy mode sux hard im mad :angry:

edit : to entropy : i dont play anymore :(

i would love to play with the updat :'(

Edited by Mr.Yndiana

I don't think I truly understand why one would want to hide their stats from the rest of the public. Does it really matter if people can see where you put your pickpoints? In fact it's handy to see what is successful and what isn't.

211733[/snapback]

Can I aswer this one? :(

We don't know creatures a/d/p/c for sure, but we can guess them out of experience. In my opinion, should be the same for players. I see someone training on chimmies, if I train on chimmies too, do I stand a chance against him? What if he evolved since the last time I saw him training? Shouldn't I plan my attack to catch him off guard and then have higher chances? This brings more excitement ^^ and this could lead to more items/spells (since Entropy is planning great changes to battle system, including items as well, maybe this could happen!). :angry:

Can I aswer this one? :(

We don't know creatures a/d/p/c for sure, but we can guess them out of experience. In my opinion, should be the same for players. I see someone training on chimmies, if I train on chimmies too, do I stand a chance against him? What if he evolved since the last time I saw him training? Shouldn't I plan my attack to catch him off guard and then have higher chances? This brings more excitement ^^ and this could lead to more items/spells (since Entropy is planning great changes to battle system, including items as well, maybe this could happen!).  :angry:

211747[/snapback]

Its not about see other ppl training on chymmies, is about to look at someone in kf before get slaughtered without even a chance of flee.

And the only anwer i got from the devs is "if you dont like feature xyz quit the game", even without discussion about improvements of the feature.

Edited by Lorck

Lorck in real life you can't work out exsaly how strong someone is just by looking at them, you can however get clues, like if there well built theres a good chances there pretty tought, or if there smaller, you might think theres abit faster, but ofcourse you dont know that much in real life, because someone could be well built but could be like a brick and well so, so therefor someone faster can take them. Or someone could be not so well built but yet because of other things there are stronger than you. And like in EL now, you can look at go, ok they have 150hp and are wearing a full plate set and standing in KF with no fear, I think i will sit this one out, or i will take the chance but get rdy to use my dis ring straght away just incase.

So it addeds more realisem to the game, plus some fun. Think about it, you could train really hard and be hidern and DP would have no idea how fast you are gaining lvl's then you take him out.

Oh and you can get a pretty good idea what peoples levels are by looking at the top 50 list now :angry:

Lorck in real life you can't work out exsaly how strong someone is just by looking at them, you can however get clues, like if there well built theres a good chances there pretty tought, or if there smaller, you might think theres abit faster, but ofcourse you dont know that much in real life, because someone could be well built but could be like a brick and well so, so therefor someone faster can take them. Or someone could be not so well built but yet because of other things there are stronger than you. And like in EL now, you can look at go, ok they have 150hp and are wearing a full plate set and standing in KF with no fear, I think i will sit this one out, or i will take the chance but get rdy to use my dis ring straght away just incase.

So it addeds more realisem to the game, plus some fun. Think about it, you could train really hard and be hidern and DP would have no idea how fast you are gaining lvl's then you take him out.

Oh and you can get a pretty good idea what peoples levels are by looking at the top 50 list now :angry:

211762[/snapback]

Yeah, the HP is a realible form of measure somebody's power. DonPedro, last time i saw had 170 or so of HP, and Anyone(guild nice) has 240 or so. In a fight you would bet in Anyone?

But, look at me, i already quitted the game, and i know the devs are on a marble tower and only listen to ppl who praise them. I should shut up...

And thats the fun part you have to guess a bit, making it more realistic, like i said in real life just because someone has more muscels than someone else does that mean they can beat them in a fight? no, most of the time yes but ofcourse theres exceptions (like looking at the health bar) and thats when you have to take over tihngs into concideration, like what armour they are wearing, how long they stay in the pk map, what other people have you seen enter the pk map and not come out alive. where they are on the top 50 list

And thats the fun part you have to guess a bit, making it more realistic, like i said in real life just because someone has more muscels than someone else does that mean they can beat them in a fight? no, most of the time yes but ofcourse theres exceptions (like looking at the health bar) and thats when you have to take over tihngs into concideration, like what armour they are wearing, how long they stay in the pk map, what other people have you seen enter the pk map and not come out alive. where they are on the top 50 list

211772[/snapback]

This tread gone to long... but if you look in one of my previous posts i say that if you carefully watch some ppl say mining, you will at least have a clue of how good that ppl are in mining, its valid for fighting and anything else. The most UNREALISTIC aproach is to hidden the stats completly.

Edited by Lorck

can you explan to me how its more unrealistcit to not being about to see people stats, and having to watch them do things to work out how good they are, because last time i check you couldn't find out peoples stats in real life, all you could do is watch people do things to find out how good they are. So would you mind pointing out the bits to me that make it more unrealictic?

can you explan to me how its more unrealistcit to not being about to see people stats, and having to watch them do things to work out how good they are, because last time i check you couldn't find out peoples stats in real life, all you could do is watch people do things to find out how good they are. So would you mind pointing out the bits to me that make it more unrealictic?

211780[/snapback]

My suggestion was: if you look with the look button when someone are mining or fighting you would get a ranged value of how good s/he are.

You dont know the 'stats' irl but you can guess how good a ppl are at looking at him/her.

In real life if you have some chemistry knowlegde and see some ppl working as a chemist you will have a clue of how good the ppl are... maybe real life is too unrealistic.

And someone said the change was not popular, but in the best interest of the game...

Edited by Lorck

So from your posts your agreeing with my point about having to watch people do there "job" to find out how good they are at it? so therefor the stats should not be desplayed for anyone if we wanted to make it as realistic as possible when it comes to showing stats or not?

And like i said there are plenty of ways to work out a good idea of how strong someone is, you could watch them as they kill something to see how much damage they take off (so walk into a pk map naked and see how much damage they do to you) also look at there armour, look at the top 200 list see how high up they are there, watch other people they kill. Theres lots of way it you just think about it :angry:

So from your posts your agreeing with my point about having to watch people do there "job" to find out how good they are at it? so therefor the stats should not be desplayed for anyone if we wanted to make it as realistic as possible when it comes to showing stats or not?

And like i said there are plenty of ways to work out a good idea of how strong someone is, you could watch them as they kill something to see how much damage they take off (so walk into a pk map naked and see how much damage they do to you) also look at there armour, look at the top 200 list see how high up they are there, watch other people they kill. Theres lots of way it you just think about it :angry:

211787[/snapback]

I agree, but there are a way to discover how great is someone's failure rate at making swords? None?

The only way i can imagine is to have a look command.

If you see two fighters fighting on el, and one wins, you know the winner should be more stronger thant the other, but how about a third fighter?

I agree the stats should not be displayed, but i hope there was a way to know the stats at all, even in a imprecise way. It has side effects? Plz point it to me.

You look at a master crafter working, and dont know anything about how skilled he is.

In a rpg, you would see something like it, you see a high skilled crafter, his methods are so advanced you cant even understand some of the things going out.

Or you see something, a very clumsy jeweler is trying to work, he may have a good future but has a lot to learn.

I agree there should be some way of giving you a rought estima, thats why i made a suggestion on my first post to give people titles on the online stats page deppending on there leve, or even better deping how good they are compared to everyone else thats plays EL