Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Stats showing

i cant see the big issue here. why cant we just have a top 50 but not be able to click on peoples names to see stats AND not state what level that person is JUST have their position?????

if people say they are 100 a/d let them attack you and see if its true :) i can think of ALOT of fun that is to be had on pk maps with not knows stats B) gives it a bit of intrigue. thing is the iknow bot still works now so really this whole debate is usless unless all the bots that show stats are taken out. Who goes to the state pages to see whats anyway? much quicker to do /iknow stats banshen for example.

one more point.... pkers and people who hang in pk maps generally know how strong other players who also hang in pk maps are...... its not like we are totally ignorant to who is strong and who is not :)

Edited by Banshen

i cant see the big issue here.  why cant we just have a top 50 but not be able to click on peoples names to see stats. and if people say they are 100 a/d let them attack you and see if its true :)  i can think of ALOT of fun that is to be had on pk maps with not knows stats B) gives it a bit of intrigue.  thing is the iknow bot still works now so really this whole debate is usless unless all the bots that show stats are taken out.  Who goes to the state pages to see whats anyway?  much quicker to do /iknow stats banshen for example. 

one more point.... pkers and people who hang in pk maps generally know how strong other players who also hang in pk maps are......  its not like we are totally ignorant to who is strong and who is not :)

211522[/snapback]

You actually tried '/iknow stats ppl_who_hide_stats'? It will not show. So there are a point on the discussion.

Pkers do know NOW who is strong and who is not. And if a newer fighter try to fight a old boy he is screwed, why? How he can actually determine how strong the opponent is. Its a fest for *high lvl* pkers, for the others...

I really have to say the issues one more time? I tought i already have said many times...

EDIT: there will still be some intrigue with ranged stats (in say 25), and its more fair too, a fighter of a/d 60/60 will at least know if he will be attacked (and killed straight away) for a fighter of more than 100 a/d. Or you think he will stand a fight long enough to have a clue about the other player?

Edited by Lorck

ok so the stats bots dont work thats good B) unless your about level 50 a/d really you shouldnt be in a pk map unless your training. thats just my opinion. If you are around that level and are going to go in pk map and see someone who you dont know stats of you ask in guild coz chances are someone knows them. If nooneknows then then make sure you have plenty of dis rings :) If you dont go in pk maps then theres no real problem i can see.

If you are a newbie fighter my suggestion is take dis rings and be careful. and believe me if someone wants to atatck you..... you dont have time to check their stats... they will atatck very fast and you will dis and find out anyway :)

Guest Enyo
this whole debate is usless unless all the bots that show stats are taken out.  Who goes to the state pages to see whats anyway?  much quicker to do /iknow stats banshen for example. 

211522[/snapback]

if a person has their privacy enabled.. the bots don't work.

ok so the stats bots dont work thats good B)  unless your about level 50 a/d really you shouldnt be in a pk map unless your training.  thats just my opinion.  If you are around that level and are going to go in pk map and see someone who you dont know stats of you ask in guild coz chances are someone knows them.  If nooneknows then then make sure you have plenty of dis rings :)  If you dont go in pk maps then theres no real problem i can see. 

If you are a newbie fighter my suggestion is take dis rings and be careful. and believe me if someone wants to atatck you..... you dont have time to check their stats... they will atatck very fast and you will dis and find out anyway :)

211526[/snapback]

Look what i said, i did not say 'newbie'. I was refering for ppll who simply came late to the party and want to achieve some power. What they can do? Attack every hulk they see? Ooops, you cant differentiate between hulks and no hulks, so when he will go to pk maps?

I agree that newbies should not go to pk maps... but a ppl who once was a newbie never has the right to go to a pk map?

I dont want ppl simply close the party, and dont let nobody gets in.

I want some realism and rpg...

Ranged system of show stats based on the eye icon is so ebul? OMG, Lorck knows my summoning goes from 50 to 75, he has too much knowledge over me.

EDIT: and new fighters having disavantage from ppl who is there at more time (and therefore knows who is strong and who is not), is only one issue, there are more if you care to read my previous posts you will see them.

And one point does not make the other "weaker".

Edited by Lorck

1) when someone asks a GM to join their guild, its good to know what stats that person has. For some guilds its a must to have certain stats (not ours btw, attitude is far more important then stats to us, lol) But..if a person is lying and cheating his way into a guild it causes stress and anger and bashing when the truth comes out.

The request from that player to #set_privacy off for 5 minutes ... Check him and accept him or not.

#set_privacy is NOT enabled by default and can be turned off with ONE simple command.

2) If a person needs something made, its usefull to know who to ask B)

This is why #3 is for. For trading. Instead of direct trading it makes more sense to me to have the tradings done in #3. It's good for RP'ing.

Also.. alledged macroers can be spotted now by our very own 'community watchers' (im not talking by the mods, im talking bout the players citizens watchers :) When someones stats rise quickly all of a sudden, it MIGHT be macroing and that person can be reported/checked out by the proper authorities.

Mods have ways to check macroers don't worry about that.

Thats my opinion on the matter, and, frankly I dont see the use of having such command.

Then don't use it ? Noone forces you to set privacy ....

But if your enemies are hiding you will be the one to stay on the spotlight? If some pkers use it, all pkers will use it (or stay on disavantage).

Jezebelle (I like that name!): Want to know why Mihaim started the subject ? because he wanted to be able to sit back and watch a good word-wrestling contest ! :) Just kidding. You have to understand that they need to try out things to judge whether they need to balance, revise or improve it.

Lorck: I think the message was actually: "Better wear the reebok of the wise than the thongs of fools" ... just kidding; we need more humour here, this is a game. A serious project of course but also a game !

Now, I have to say that I am PRO hiding, but won't use it !! Why ?

I'm PRO because I think it is more realistic and I can roughly evaluate someone's ability to get me ten feet underground by their healthbar ... of course, this is far from being perfect and could even get me completely wrong, but I think it's good enough.

I'm not using it, because I think it's the best way to have some evil one try and get me to pk maps/arenas: perfect way to detect desperate scammers.

As for "who will make my super ring or wonder sword if I don't know who is strong at that skill ?", I will ask around, since RPG is also about communicating, and not switching to windowed mod to check the stats page.

Once again, the eye icon should help sizing up Physique and Charm, and maybe Coordination: either range it like Lorck said, or use some qualifiers (like I said, B) ).

As for the top 50 page, I don't use it but I guess some do a lot. Would it be possible to make it a hall of fame wall, somewhere in WSC ? Where you would have "Legends", that is people who are/were good at their skill and asked for their name on it.

Conclusion: showing precisely all attributes/skills is not realistic, but you HAVE to be able to size up "visible" ones. My own, humble opinion.

the new top50 is good I think... but its only the top20 and top100 that works. the top50 and top200 shows the top20.

but I guess its under construction. so I wait.

:axeman_rune: <-- look!!! a viking

Edited by mortsllehm

Well, that thing is really something now and nice :-)

Just it took out a competition element out of game... if someone with lvl 67 potion(#2 in top 50) will want to beat me in potions he will need to plan strategy/get resources for it... and he couldn't do that w/out knowing whats his target... how could he know if its 1 or 10+ lvls to go :)

(just an example)

Same with me, can't plan my 'char development' anymore basis on lvls to beat :|

PS. Rogue, add yourself to top list again :> noone can see your lvls anyway :-)

the new top50 is good I think... but its only the top20 and top100 that works. the top50 and top200 shows the top20.

but I guess its under construction. so I wait.

Fixed. Sorry about that. Copy / paste error.

Well, that thing is really something now and nice :-)

Just it took out a competition element out of game...

Repeat after me: RPG not FPS :P

PS. Rogue, add yourself to top list again :>

Hmmmm. Ok.

Guest Enyo

211624[/snapback]

hey general :)

people will find their way around the hidden stats by asking each other what their levels are, etc.

in all due honesty, taking a little competition out of a role playing game is good. sadly, there is pratically no role playing in this game as it is. :(

personally, i hate that top 50 list and don't want to be on it or a part of it for various reasons. but i can understand why others want it and that's cool but i think we should also respect the wishes of people who don't want to be on it, as well... not everyone is here for the competition. :P

ps hugsss to teh general :)

Edited by Enyo

Guest Enyo
if u r not on it ppl stil wil find out who u r

211645[/snapback]

that's not the point, shivar .. people KNOW who Enyo is just like they know who Shivar is or some other high profile names regardless.. that's not my reasonng. :P

Hmm, just a thought - "taking a little competition out of the role playing game"... what if the role you play is to compete?

Now that the stats page is fixed, I kinda like how it is - still able to see whare you are, but I miss the levels a bit. Besides, the only reason I look at the top lists is the pride of seeing what my hard(ly) work(ing) building my character fair and square stacks up to others...

(the "()" stuff is a joke - I mean, it's hard work in the game to build like I have, but not that hard IRL...)

Guest Enyo
Hmm, just a thought - "taking a little competition out of the role playing game"... what if the role you play is to compete?

211650[/snapback]

that's cool too as long as we respect the wishes of all.. the minority has a voice as important as the majority. if you want to compete.. then great.. and if i choose not to compete.. please respect that, too. :P

It could be rephrased, how can someone be harassed without exactly in what lvl you are?

As about competition, some characters seek power (as simple as that). So power and greedy characters are a element of rpg. Its against a rule of rpg to you interprete such character?

But RPG is the major issued *against* complete hide of the stats, but its my oppinion, etc.

Edited by Lorck

I don't see how stats have anything to do with harassment, but according to enyo, anything that shows "private info" can be used for harassment. I do not see how someone's levels are private info, but it is a fair option to allow people to hide it. I never check a person's stats anyway.

However, the top 50 list becomes completely useless if it doesn't show the levels of people on it. You see a rank next to a name and wonder what it means. Being the number one player in a skill means absolutely nothing unless people can see how far ahead you are of the others.

Edited by Mr.Mind

I think the privacy complaint is: if i change my name and you cant know anything about me, i will not be harassed by my previous actions. All my enemies will have no clue about me and i will live happy without harassment.

Is that the point? Correct me if i'm wrong?

Guest Enyo

the new top 50 players list looks great.. :) i think it's a nice compromise and everyone should have an element of happiness. :P first of all, players who choose to hide their stats may do so and those who choose not, may also not enable that feature. :)

the top 50 player's list shows ALL of the top players, so that gives people an idea of who's who and what their strengths and weakness are without revealing the stats of players who prefer to keep their stats private.

good job, rogue :axeman_rune:

If some fighters choose to hide their stats, all have to do the same.

So what the choice?

Great change, it benefected Enyo, Rogue, DonPedro (everyone with high combat stats), scammers and cheaters!!!

Yeah, Enyo, that change is aweasome.

#set_privacy on

I hate to go back to this, but, could you explain how would scammers benefit from this? If it's the training scam, I believe it's no issue at all.

211702[/snapback]

Lorck scamms Ornitorrinco.

Lorck change name to Fluff_

Ornitorrinco has no clue about the relation between Lorck and Fluff_.

Ornitorrinco is pissed off about Lorck, but he cant do anything.

Maybe for solve this, should disclose the new and the old name of everyone who change, but its more against privacy, imho.