Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Stats showing

I just wanted to say

THANK YOU :(

I currently have no advantage of the stats either being hidden nor public, but I think it's right that players should be able to choose. Makes it more realistic :angry:

OK!

EDIT: so i'm banned for not liking a feature? If everyone who dont like feature x quit the game, the game will be at least less popular.

211744[/snapback]

you are not banned for not liking things, but if you don't like them why playing?

you are not banned for not liking things, but if you don't like them why playing?

211800[/snapback]

I like most of the game.

But when i like some thing, i usually say i dont like. And i try to offer suggestions. And i would even try to help if my help is needed.

Simply quitting the game for dont like a feature is stupid. But quitting a game because when you dont like a feature, you criticize them (and get flamed for ppl who only praises devs), and the devs refuse even to discusse the bad side of the things seems more reasonable.

Come on, some of the suggestion about have some clue about stats is not even been discussed.

lorck the dev's might have read the idea and be thinking about adding it, just not say anything on here because its not certain yet, dont jump to conclustion :hug:

Guest Enyo
flamed for ppl who only praises devs), and the devs refuse even to discusse the bad side of the things seems more reasonable.

Come on, some of the suggestion about have some clue about stats is not even been discussed.

211803[/snapback]

first of all.. YOU are the one who started flaming people who do support the feature..

secondly.. this topic has been overdiscussed and for the most part by you.

lorck the dev's might have read the idea and be thinking about adding it, just not say anything on here because its not certain yet, dont jump to conclustion :hug:

211804[/snapback]

Yes? So why they told me to quit the game if i dont like the feature?

that was befor when you was posting and just saying the bad feature's and not really making an effort to post things they could cange to make it better. You have to remember the people that make this game are gamers like us, so they are doing there best to make this game the best it can be, because in the end all they want to do a make a great game they can play with everyone else

Can I aswer this one? :hug:

We don't know creatures a/d/p/c for sure, but we can guess them out of experience. In my opinion, should be the same for players. I see someone training on chimmies, if I train on chimmies too, do I stand a chance against him? What if he evolved since the last time I saw him training? Shouldn't I plan my attack to catch him off guard and then have higher chances? This brings more excitement ^^ and this could lead to more items/spells (since Entropy is planning great changes to battle system, including items as well, maybe this could happen!).  :hug:

211747[/snapback]

Thank you for making that clear to me, I understand this topic a lot better now ^_^ As for my own personal opinion, I am still unsure which side I will fall upon. Both sides bring up valid points, and a compromise may be reached between them, perhaps in the evolution of the "look" feature as Lorck is suggesting.

that was befor when you was posting and just saying the bad feature's and not really making an effort to post things they could cange to make it better. You have to remember the people that make this game are gamers like us, so they are doing there best to make this game the best it can be, because in the end all they want to do a make a great game they can play with everyone else

211808[/snapback]

I gave suggestions since my initial posts, some of the first was about the bad things. The rest of the tread are about ppl questioning the bad things or simply praising the devs (for giving benefit to them).

Its more of a signal nobody read that, so it is a point of i'm saying it all again.

Yes, Enyo, we discussed to much... but so far nobody (with a honorable exception of Ornitorrinco) gave a good reason why ranged stats are bad.

The rest of the thread is flames, Enyo even said i was JaneMuffin, lol.

ok i'm going to post what i think of it..

I dislike it.

People seem to be completely gone out of pk except for training these days to be able to beat and opponent off who they can't even know the lvls so they don't know when they'll be ready for them. also this sorta cuts off my 'what should i do?' question of when i'm mapwalking etc i ALWAYS am checking people stats when mapwalking, harvesting etc and now i can't view anyones so this is very annoying to me.

just what i think tho

good idea :)

i think this would bring more fighting into the game cause people dunno exactly how strong someone is and just try to kill him/her

yer i like stat watching aswel, and i realy dont understand why this feature is inplented

if people get harrased? or?

and if ppl get harrsed u stil be able to see who ther are after a name change cuz u can see there position in the top 50

and that the deleted char is dead

good idea :mace:

i think this would bring more fighting into the game cause people dunno exactly how strong someone is and just try to kill him/her

212334[/snapback]

In fact, the behavior is opposite... most ppl dont know if could fight or not and just realise that would not be able to win and dont fight. Only top fighters knows that would be able to fight most ppl and attack.

If somebody on the 60/60 a/d start to attack everybody, he has to be very courageous... or very dumb (no, i'm not calling those ppl dumb, i believe most are only courageous).

But its just my humble opinion, etc.

The top lists of players dont show acurate figures with this stats-hiding feature.

There are players with the same stats that now show lower-listing then they truly are. I dont think thats quit fair.

Would it be possible to have certain stats hid? like #hide_defence stats ?

And..could the privicy comand be split into stats and buddy listings?

It could very well be that some players want to hide (some) stats but still want to be able to have buddies on their list.

*hugs*

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

jeze the top 50 list has been changed to show everyone, just not there skills, so that is no longer an issue. And spliting it from the buddy list was planned from the start :)

jeze the top 50 list has been changed to show everyone, just not there skills, so that is no longer an issue. And

213109[/snapback]

I dont think you got my point there; i know the stats aint showing, but for example; when 4 players have the same stats, they appear in the top i.e. on the 56,57,58,59 place.

Jez

The top lists shows players not basing on skill level, but on gathered XP - this is hardly possible that 2 players have exactly same amound of experiece points, not talking of 4 players.

The top lists shows players not basing on skill level, but on gathered XP - this is hardly possible that 2 players have exactly same amound of experiece points, not talking of 4 players.

213118[/snapback]

Vanyel: either you are misinformed, or the top 50 is all wrong, but what you are saying is incorrect.

For example: Crannog and me always leveled alch together. We are both at level 79. Lately I have gained more experience, but Im waiting to level when he comes back. Still; i have more experience then he does, so according to your theory I should be above him in the list, which is not the case.

Jez

Edited by Jezebelle

I was wondering.. why not allow the stats of people who don't use the privacy mode to show on the top player lists? And perhaps put a dash mark or leave the box blank for those who use it?.

because most people in the top 50 list have the same skills, so lets say someone was lvl 89 att but had hidern that, but there was someone below him with lvl 89 and someone above him with 89 im sure everyone could work out there lvl.

And you can still get a guess of what level people are at now, just go down the top 50 list clicking every's names, not everyone has privay on so you can work out there levels abit :)

because most people in the top 50 list have the same skills, so lets say someone was lvl 89 att but had hidern that, but there was someone below him with lvl 89 and someone above him with 89 im sure everyone could work out there lvl.

And you can still get a guess of what level people are at now, just go down the top 50 list clicking every's names, not everyone has privay on so you can work out there levels abit :hug:

213266[/snapback]

Wow. I so never thought of that.

:)

So what if they work out their level? Is it really that horrible on someone for people to be able to guess one of their stats? Do people have something to hide?

So what if they work out their level?  Is it really that horrible on someone for people to be able to guess one of their stats?  Do people have something to hide?

213267[/snapback]

I discussed a lot on this thread...

Iirc some ppl fear to be harassed for others who know his levels or dont want to disclose the way he is leveling his character or spending pickpoints.

And also there are other ppl (with enemies or bad name, and changed name) who want to hide their stats for the community dont know his/her previous identity and therefore previous actions.

Of course, this way is what some ppl think, and i said many times i dont like the stats hiding.

Too all of you PKers who say that not knowing anything about your opponent adds REALISM to the game. You are completely full of fecal matter. You simply want to take advantage of the ignorance of others who are not already aware of your levels. As has been mentioned far to infreqently in this thread a complete absence of information on another player is TOTALLY unrealistic. If you see Mike Tyson headed for you and right beside him is Ryan Seacrest are you going to have any idea of which of them you match up against better? I think just maybe you might. Totally removing viewable stats takes away from realism and away from roleplaying because it brings paranoia to the game. Having less information or possibly inaccurate information based on perception or instinct is REALISTIC. The better your stats the better your information. I hope that everyone gives up this realism crap because it is soooooooo obviously completely trash being used by people who want to take advantage of others. If you can see someone then you can guess how they tough they are for the most part. Even the confidence and body language of smaller individuals who are skilled fighters in real life is detectable to the observant individual. PLEASE get off this realism joke. Hiding your stats for personaly privacy is simply a way to remove yourself from the community which is not what this game is about the last time I checked. If there is a harassment problem then there is an #ignore for the problem persons and global ignore if they are reported by enough persons. Harassment does not work as an excuse. If you are one of the persons who is overwhelmed by help requests you do not appreciate then the privacy options is good for you but better for the game would be a board for beggers like the outlaw board so that the high skilled individuals could have a good place to start their ignore lists. I think the community could handle this just by making it clear to everyone that it is not acceptable to bother persons like that. You might make a rule that says if you need skilled help then go to a guild leader and ask for it. The persons who do want to help others are usually in a guild and guild requests for assistance could actually be handled by multiple individuals so that any issues of skill harassment . Is there a need for privacy then? NO. Is it a good thing to have NO. It is not realistic. It does not add to roleplay it removes it. Having no idea what your opponents levels are does not make you more likely to fight. Should there be a privacy option for those who want it? If they do not want to be part of the community and just do their own thing sure give them their privacy. Something between full disclosure and no disclosure makes more sense and is more realistic. So much for the PKers.

Having stats available to read is very important to newbies. If someone does not want to be a fighter or a pker and is increasing their phys for higher emu instead of coord which would give them the same emu but allow them to level faster then it would help if someone could tell them that before they go to far down the wrong path. I use stat checking for some of my close friends to see how they are doing and for newbies to try and help them. Having the stats checkable for newbies is very important because some of them get bad advice or no advice and they need our help. I do very infrequently check the stats of the higher level players just out of curiousity but I could easily live without doing that if it bothers them. I think privacy should be removed until it can be replaced with something based on perceptions or intstinct or both. All of the problems that are "solved" by privacy can be easily handled with other actions. Roleplaying is seriously limited and hurt by complete privacy because it is unrealistic and eliminates a sense of community that we have here that is not found in other games.

TirunCollimdus Hoping for further game developements to that add to the complexity and playability of the game and not strip it away.