Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Stats showing

might aswel remove whole top 50, cuz if it doesnt show the real peoples stats it has no point at all

and i think this whole stat hide is stupid..why is it anyways ? cuz of some people getting harrased?

i think that it will defintly make pking more interesting, because then, when a player comes into the map you can't really check up on them. or wait...i just thought of this. what about iknow the bot? you can do /iknow stats kat (for example) all the stats show up. So, will that also count for that bot?

well, if it does, then it really is a good idea, imo.

-kat

Guest Enyo

From now on using in game #set_privacy will hide your stats from online player page.

Thank you.. thank you.. thank you!!!! love this feature so much.. really tired of stat watchers. plus, i think this adds excitement to the game.. makes it more of a risk.. the game was too safe with our powerful mm perks and cloaks and knowing stats.. this way, we have NO idea if so and so can whip our ass or not and vise versa.. LOVE IT. :P

it has good things and bad things

a bad thing is that , there is no point in leveling anymore if you dont know what level to beat to be in top 1-10 etc..

also people can name change evry week and attack people all the time

i dont like this at all

might aswel remove whole top 50, cuz if it doesnt show the real peoples stats it has no point at all

and i think this whole stat hide is stupid..why is it anyways ? cuz of some people getting harrased?

211002[/snapback]

Nah. The top50 will work in the future. Without specifieing the level. Only position in top.

oh good

and btw u can easly see your enemys att/def

just let him att you and look the exp you get... :]

i think its cool that u have a choice to hide levels or not

Guest Enyo
i think that it will defintly make pking more interesting, because then, when a player comes into the map you can't really check up on them. or wait...i just thought of this. what about iknow  the bot? you can do /iknow stats kat (for example) all the stats show up.  So, will that also count for that bot?

well, if it does, then it really is a good idea, imo.

-kat

211004[/snapback]

good point kat.. i hate those know it all bots, btw .. and find them an invasion of my privacy which is precious to me.

Guest Enyo
it has good things and bad things

a bad thing is that , there is no point in leveling anymore if you dont know what level to beat to be in top 1-10 etc..

also people can name change evry week and attack people all the time

i dont like this at all

211007[/snapback]

that's your point but not the point of the game.. there is so much more to the game that the competitive part, btw. people can't change names each week.. i don't think entropy will allow it and no one would go to all that trouble and money to do it just so they can pk someone at kf, lmao. :P

Perhaps the developers can tell us the reasoning behind such a feature. That is, what purpose did they see it serving?

Personally I don't see anything wrong with being able to look up someone's stats. If anything, it's nice to be able to see just how much progress PlayerX has made.

I don't really care for the new command and I sure won't use it myself. I've worked very hard to get the stats I have, and I'm proud to show them off to people who care to look.

Also, I've found the study of the top player's use of PP's to be very helpful. As a new player, I'd hate to not have that resource available as I try and figure out what to do.

It doesn't make pking more interesting at all. Only a benefit for the high-level pkers.

Why hide it? Nearly all pvp games show you the combat level of your enemy and still there are pvp fights - lot's of pvp fights. Examples? Dark Age of Camelot - one of the biggest MMORPGs. Some more? World of Warcraft.

Well I predict, that pk areas will empty - that's my humble opinion.

If hiding stats becomes a trend i predict a new way of scamming, and luring people to pk maps. Also the only beneficial side effect this change i can see is to have ppl changing name all the time, financing in this way the development of the game.

Perhaps the developers can tell us the reasoning behind such a feature.  That is, what purpose did they see it serving?

Personally I don't see anything wrong with being able to look up someone's stats.  If anything, it's nice to be able to see just how much progress PlayerX has made.

211028[/snapback]

Of course you don't see anything wrong with that, but some people might not want to disclose their stats. When you see someone on the street, do you know how good he is when it comes to mining, crafting, or fighting?

Of course you don't see anything wrong with that, but some people might not want to disclose their stats. When you see someone on the street, do you know how good he is when it comes to mining, crafting, or fighting?

211043[/snapback]

I think my original post was not very clear. Mihaim (who started this thread) said to "Please discuss here about the new stats showing / hideing". Since he introduced the topic, I was hoping he could give us the point of view that the developers (I include you and Roja as developers even though your title is a bit more lofty) had behind such a feature.

Then, as the conversation progressed we would have opinions from new players to the devs and would have a better picture to put together.

I assumed that to start a thread for discussion was to get ideas about how well liked / disliked a feature was or perhaps the good and bad points of it.

Some don't play only for be the first.

Cause most of this discuss is about pk, some don't pk and don't care and are fed up with people harrass them or beg them why?

Maybe players will start play, in my mind, MMORPG is a RPG...

Guest Enyo
Some don't play only for be the first.

Cause most of this discuss is about pk, some don't pk and don't care and are fed up with people harrass them or beg them why?

Maybe players will start play, in my mind, MMORPG is a RPG...

211049[/snapback]

exactly.. that's how i feel.. it's such a relief to have my privacy protected and even wants to make me play more and train more... etc..

plus, it does bring excitement to the game.. i also think that the MM cloak shouldn't be so powerful and we should do away with all perks.. that's another thread, lol. :D

211043[/snapback]

But when i look someone fighting i can see how agile or strong s/he are.

If hiding stats becomes a trend i predict a new way of scamming, and luring people to pk maps. Also the only beneficial side effect this change i can see is to have ppl changing name all the time, financing in this way the development of the game.

211039[/snapback]

Lorck brings up a valid point here. If you are trying to find a training partner, if they have their privacy set, you cannot tell if they are telling the truth about their stats or not. It could be just a scam to get whatever stuff they can off you, claiming you'll need this armor, but you should be getting lots of experience, wink wink.

I don't keep an eye on the stats page, I level only to beat myself. But the stat page is very helpful when you know who's a n00b and who's not in a PK map. With this privacy feature set, you have no idea anymore. I fear for the same reasons as Lorck that this will backfire against us... please prove me wrong ^_^;;

Lorck brings up a valid point here. If you are trying to find a training partner, if they have their privacy set, you cannot tell if they are telling the truth about their stats or not. It could be just a scam to get whatever stuff they can off you, claiming you'll need this armor, but you should be getting lots of experience, wink wink.

I don't keep an eye on the stats page, I level only to beat myself. But the stat page is very helpful when you know who's a n00b and who's not in a PK map. With this privacy feature set, you have no idea anymore. I fear for the same reasons as Lorck that this will backfire against us... please prove me wrong ^_^;;

211063[/snapback]

That would be easy. Just ask for your wannabe training partner to unset privacy for a while so you can check his/her stats, and do the same. Then you can set it back... (If I've understood correctly how it works :D)

This privacy setting... will it in anyway affect the players online COUNT? I rememer any number of times when there was a collection cheer for reaching a new high in the number of online players.

I would hate us to miss out b/c the privacy setting failed to give an accurate count.

Guest Enyo
This privacy setting... will it in anyway affect the players online COUNT?  I rememer any number of times when there was a collection cheer for reaching a new high in the number of online players.

I would hate us to miss out b/c the privacy setting failed to give an accurate count.

211065[/snapback]

the privacy setting doesn't effect the online player count.. notice that it shows me online and i've got it turned on. it just protects the stats.