Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
rasberrybeard

My Game

I dont feel like typing the whole thing up again, so here is the rundown copy and pasted from my personal site. ;) I am making this game with the RPG Maker 2003 Editor (rmxp sucks imo)

In a world where there are powerful empires, there are wars, there is no good vs evil, only one faction fighting another for control of something they have no right to. You play a young bandit, who is trying to decide his/her path in the conflict. In a world where there is only turmoil, can anything be right? The Story of red skies is set out before you, however why should you have to choose one defined story line, why can you not make the desicions for good, evil, or anything inbetween? That is your choice in the world of (name not yet decided), so make your choices wisely.

--------------------------------------------

Features

- The ability to name your chara (done)

- A class creation system developed by myself and Reddragon, or if you prefer you will be able to choose a pre-made character. (done)

- Play as male or female. (done)

- Intelligent NPC that react to your looks, attitude etc. (done/buggy)

- Each Npc has more than one thing to say. (Done)

- Religions that you can choose to follow or eternally jihad by destroying their gods. (in progress)

- No world map, travel by foot, horse, buggy, airship, sea, and other devices across sprawling landscapes that transition many climates. (in progress)

- A main plot that you may choose to follow or not follow. (done)

- You can choose to be a great hero or be nefariously evil. (done)

- Areas accessible only to certain classes (use mage skills to burn bushes out of path etc. creates replay value) (done)

- hundreds of quests (note: I didn?t say side quests as most are more than deliver this package to such and such) (in progress)

- Find Love with the woman/man of your choice and get married. (in progress)

- Real Estate agents can sell you your very own abode (from a small hut to a huge castle) which are customizable with furniture and other accessories. (done)

- Wenches (need I say more?/Done)

- exp will be given to members who are not in your party so that they will continue to lvl up along with you. This is based on a fractional calculation of about 1/3rd the actual exp. (done)

- No longer die, you are given a unique set of options should the unfortunate turn of events bring your health to 0. (done)

- A soul stream system. What this is the ability to use the soul of another to revive a fallen party member, watch out though, because if the person you use is not a criminal you could be wanted for murder! (in progress)

These are just the confirmed systems and features, there could very well be something added that I forgot to mention up there.

Title Screen

rstitle6nq.png

Carmian Pass

carmienforest10oa.png

Encountering Imperials

scrn225lm.png

Disencountering The Imperials :-P

waste5vy.png

This is the Default Menu, will be replaced with a custom one later

menu1ms.png

The Ever scary Game over Screen

ohnomygameisover1cy.png

For those of you wanting a more detailed story, i first need to work out the names of the countries and planet, once I have done that the story will be posted, It was a collaberation between me and a good friend.

Edited by rasberrybeard

Looks fun :omg:

Keep us posted of your progress. I am sure that there are a lot of fans out there who would be more thatn happy to test it and play it.

Thanks guys. ;) what you are seeing in those screens are some very early pre-beta screens. I'm working on some more landscapes, but I have to finish the forest first. ^^

I worked out the final Kinks in my world map. The pic below is for my personal reference and as such might be a bit confusing. Read below the map to see allegiances and country descriptions.

THE WORLD MAP

Nation Descriptions

Carmian

This Nation has endured a lot of strife through the ages, it's forests when removed leave behind rich farming soil in a very hospitable climate for growing crops. This has led to many invasions over the nations history.

Tribal Lands

Not much is known of these lands. The only thing that is well known is that if you try to invade these lands, no matter how large your army, you will find yourself facing an almost certain defeat at the hands of the legendary "Battle Kin". As such, they have beggotten large amounts of wealth as the greater empires try to sway them one way or another.

Airel

This large country and trading master has long been at war with the Imperials, the entire history is marked with bloody battles, often seeing them defeated, large tracks of land that were once theirs are now owned by the Imperials. A brutal and unforgiving people, they have been known to murder children simply because they were linked to the Imperials.

The Imperial Empire

The imperials are a unique people. Having spent the first years of their existance as a small group of slaves from Hilaughta. After the first rebellion, their leader decided to expand his vision, and through brilliant military tactics and propoganda, the empire has continued to spread. Smaller countries break under the might of its military and even other large empires sweat when speaking of it.

Surmanian Isle

This land is dotted with harsh rocky landscapes and is plagued by volcanic eruptions. The people who live here are just barely advanced enough to trade over the seas. The government that exists is an ancient priesthood who does not look kindly upon "sacrilage" of their ways.

Yveen

Yveen, home of the temple to the goddess of Life and Order. It is said when Yveen first created the planet, that the first people she produced lived here, and built to her the ageless temple that has never been touched by evil. The landscape is very lush and green, having been given Yveen's own blessing.

Morzagog

Morzagog said to be home to the temple of the god of Death and Choice. However this might be merely legend, as no scripts speak of anyone ever finding the temple. The land is a confused mix of rough landscapes, scraggly vegitation and thick dark forests that house many devious creatures.

Hilaughta

Plauged by the great Dremador desert that covers most of its landscape, the people of Hilaughta have learned to survive in the worst of conditions. The desert includes a great caravan road which is the trading link between The imperials and themselves. This route is haunted by great bandit warlords who hinder trading frequently.

Allegiances

The Imperial Alligience

The imperials are allied with Morzagog and have a fragile trade alliance with Hilaughta.

The enemies of this alligience are The Yveen and Bandit allegiances.

The Yveen Allegiance

Carmian, Yveen, and Airel are all part of Yveen's Allegiance. All three maintain a trade allegiance with the Surmians.

The enemies of this allegiance are the Imperial and Bandit allegiances.

The Bandit Allegiance

Perhaps the most powerfull allegiance of all, but with major lack of leadership. The bandits are made up of people from all lands who wish to have no borders and often take whatever they want if it pleases them. Held together by a strict code of conduct, no bandit warlord may attack another without due cause.

The enemies of this allegiance are the Imperial, and Yveen allegiances.

Neutralities

The Surmians, Tribals, and Hilaughta are all neutral. While the tribals are easily persuadable to do some dirty work, they do not ever take sides in a conflict.

Enemies: None

PS: I need a name for the entire planet, anyone got some ideas?

EDIT: fixed some major spelling and grammar mistakes :angry:

Edited by rasberrybeard

Perhaps the Germanic element "Irmen," meaning whole or universal, or maybe the Hebrew name "Aridai." I just like the name, no special meaning :icon13:

211840[/snapback]

I actually like Aridai! I might use that. :D

*pulls out a very deadly looking, blood-stained Katana* Give me the game or you die...

If you need a website (basic I'm learning CSS and PHP atm, I do image maps and frames (shakey on frames)), beta testing or maybe some graphics (not the best but I'm getting a lot better, (not game models no no))

It looks like a kick ass Final Fantasy 3 or something... and errr... will it be MMORPG otherwise... I'm not playin'

*pulls out a very deadly looking, blood-stained Katana* Give me the game or you die...

If you need a website (basic I'm learning CSS and PHP atm, I do image maps and frames (shakey on frames)), beta testing or maybe some graphics (not the best but I'm getting a lot better, (not game models no no))

It looks like a kick ass Final Fantasy 3 or something... and errr... will it be MMORPG otherwise... I'm not playin'

211899[/snapback]

Sorry it is a single player game. However I do have a project set in the same lands that is an online game, however that is a long ways off yet.

That sounds really nice! The harmonies were right on, and the singing was a good choice :D The last chord sounded slightly odd with the large pause between it and the rest of the song, but other than that, it sounds great ^_^

charaselection1wh.png

The character selection screens for red skies. They are kind of plain at the moment but.

Top Left: For people who dont serve any gods.

Bottom Left: For People who serve Yveen

Top Right: For people who serve Morzagog (I really dont like this one, ill probably change it)

Bottom Right: Kill one of the gods and this is the character selection map you will recieve.