Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

What other p2p races would you like in game?

Ducks!!!

This should defently be a race!

duckyo, what are you going to do if they make ducks a fightable animal?

anyways, how about a half medusa half human thing for a p2p race?

Werewolves, Vampires, Faries and/or angels, cat people (please not thunder cats, O please not thunder cats), and bird people (think valkeries or the Eagles from the Lord of the Rings) are the races most likely to be chosen.

Ducks!!!

Ducks were a playable race in RuneQuest ;) They seemed to be a 'Hobbit' substitute, most likely due to copyright issues.

Ducks!!!

Ducks were a playable race in RuneQuest ;) They seemed to be a 'Hobbit' substitute, most likely due to copyright issues.

212592[/snapback]

Halflings, the true race of hobbits, have copyright issues?

I'd suggest wraiths, I'd be like a Nazgul from Lord of the Rings.

Edited by Dark_Nightmare

This is not an offtopic/junk thread for posting stupid ideas, guys.

So please stay realistic and make some serious ideas up. No Shivarosaur, tsk tsk. :-p

ooo, i like the idea of faries that someone mentioned earlier :D

-kat

how about some kind of 'Giant' - a similar size to an ogre or cyclops, stooped posture, inherently kind hearted but clumsy (could be refelected in race bonuses? [more strength, less co-ord?])

p.s hi folks ^_^

Ok, my personal favorites.

Lizardlike race

Minotaur Race

Aven race (Bird-type)

Vampires are simply human forms with fangs and darkness. I am not sure they are really needed. :)

Please note: Draegoni need to be more Dragon-like, If Draegoni are half-dragons they should be so, not 1/6th dragon. The current Draegnoi model would do well for a water-based race like mermaids.

Ok, my personal favorites.

Lizardlike race

Minotaur Race

Aven race (Bird-type)

Vampires are simply human forms with fangs and darkness. I am not sure they are really needed. :P

Please note: Draegoni need to be more Dragon-like, If Draegoni are half-dragons they should be so, not 1/6th dragon. The current Draegnoi model would do well for a water-based race like mermaids.

212967[/snapback]

You're right about the Draegonic-look. They should represent their native dragons a bit more. Perhaps a tail and small wings (like the gargoyles). Currenly, they look more like what you say, 'water-based race like mermaids'...

The only real additions I see being added are the Felines, Lizardmen and the Birdies. They form a realistic race which you can imagine reproducing and probably have a deeper, richer racial background with a unique culture.

Vampires, though are what most people fancy, wouldn't be true vampires if they would waltz into the daylight without gettin' hurt, or sucking blood. They are supposed to be magical in nature so I don't expect to see this 'race' for at least a year :icon13:

edit: PS Happy Birthday?

Edited by MagpieLee

212967[/snapback]

Well, we should have it that there are two different types of draegoni. The current kind, more gacefull and better in the arts of accuracy and magic and summoning, while there is a more dragon like, covered in scales (think dragon minotaur) and is stronger and more powerful and durable.

Halflings, the true race of hobbits, have copyright issues?

Halfling should be free from legal issues :) It apparently predates Toklien (though he uses the term), from a Scots word "halflin" meaning "an awkward rustic teenager". The term was of course used in D&D in place of "Hobbit" for legal reason (although the original rules did use the name "Hobbit").

The draegoni race isn't going to be changed..please people post realistic ideas and not stupid funny things that waste my time to read and clutter the forum.

Oki, my ideas (i want to mark first i haven't play any other mmorpgs so any coinsidentials may be made by accident)

- lizard mans (as mentioned before),

- giants (cyclop size but NORMAL/NICER appearance and TWO eyes :D )

- vampires (well, not a REAL race, but would be cool, also mentioned before)

- halflings (those tiny ppl, like LoTR, some competition for gnomes - in size :D)

- orcs (as stated by Roja, just make it looks nicer than regular orcs) +

- dark elfs (they was named different but can't remember now how :S) +

Not realistic ideas:

- centaurs (cant imagine how thay would wear leather pants... nvm)

The plus'ses mean i'd probably decide to pay for one of those to play (only matter of their gfx/appearance)

EDIT: Dark Elf - called also 'Drow' in some other fantasy games/books (and also in celtic mythology) - just found out, so Drows would be cool :)

Edited by Gen_Axis

dark elfs are just goblins i think

214663[/snapback]

Dark elves are aka drows. It would be great as a race, and lots of ppl like to roleplay "evil elves".

dark elfs (they was named different but can't remember now how :S) +

Drow

Great race to build. Basically a cunning, sneaky and dark version of elves. Which are more wise, calm and composed.

They can also be called. High Elves and Drow.

Ok! Lorck and Brom... i found that out and edited my post already, was no need to answering it with reminding... just read whole one and check time edited.

Maybe an insectiod race?

214897[/snapback]

Yes. I was trying to find a pic for that, invision a huge walking grasshopper and you get the idea.