Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gravito

Critical strike, double damage

I though of a button or something like a command that will double the damage made by your weapon in one critical strike. But it will degrade the weapon or if already degraded; destroyed.

I think this could work pretty good in pk and also would increase the useness for weapons like steel longs and 2 edged steel sword.

Could work, but... the attack shall take 2 rounds and if you miss... well... heh, you lose next 2 rounds, weapon and your enemy has random additions to damaged he caused to you.

Could work, but... the attack shall take 2 rounds and if you miss... well... heh, you lose next 2 rounds, weapon and your enemy has random additions to damaged he caused to you.

210376[/snapback]

heh, i dont pk alot, but i can see you pk alot less :(

if it would be implemented your way the whole fun about it would be gone...

next plz...

heh, i dont pk alot, but i can see you pk alot less  :(

210389[/snapback]

or quite opposite, nvm.

What I mean, it would be big advantage, and we need balance. It can't have only pros, some cons are needed as well. Ok, let's say I exagerated, but...

1. still it shall be slower kind of attack (like in real life you need a bit more force to cause more damages and it takes a bit longer);

2. if you miss, you lose your stable position and need to recover it (what takes time and gives your oponent chance to hit you quite nice);

If you dont' believe just watch box - they don't hit each other like with hammers, quite opposite most of them use quick short blows to wane oponent and quite rarely use very strong and long hooks, when they try to knockout him.

What I mean, it would be big advantage, and we need balance. It can't have only pros, some cons are needed as well. Ok, let's say I exagerated, but...

1. still it shall be slower kind of attack (like in real life you need a bit more force to cause more damages and it takes a bit longer);

2. if you miss, you lose your stable position and need to recover it (what takes time and gives your oponent chance to hit you quite nice);

If you dont' believe just watch box - they don't hit each other like with hammers, quite opposite most of them use quick short blows to wane oponent and quite rarely use very strong and long hooks, when they try to knockout him.

210397[/snapback]

Its not an advantage if everyone can use it!

It could be an advantage if u become good at using it and this kind of development in combat im sure most like.

Im just suggesting this small change, and i would be glad if it would be implemented, as a try. But im sure the combat system will evole in something much more complex and then your ideas might become important. But i think what i suggested can prove successful in the meantime.

or quite opposite, nvm.

210397[/snapback]

opposite nowadays yes probably. but not overall!!!

but that is really nvm so...

Edited by Gravito

Here comes an example, hopefully to make it a bit more understandable:

Tit long: 12 - 20 damage * 2 is 24 - 40 damage

Tit serp: 15 - 25 damage * 2 is 30 - 50 damage

but tit longs exist in larger number in game and if you bring a long to battle and fight against someone with serp, the double damage to degrade the tit long sword still probably wont make more total damage than the serp will.

If someone would bring a thermal to pk, i dont think he will use this crit strike but some with serp maybe would, thus makin it a little more "fair"...

210397[/snapback]

Well, duh. Up to 36 minutes is a long time to be giving full blast punches, jabs, hooks, and/or crosses. :whistle: That's assuming your position is not compromised via taking blows.