Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

Several Ideas

1/ you should be able to cook raw meat, you could use iether the camp fires dotted about for this or incorperate stoves in each inn or general store type of thing.

2/ I think the reflections in the water should be greatly reduced, although they are the best i have seen in any game i fell they take up bandwidth that could be better used in other areas of the game.

3/ Instead of gm's just being able to boot channels offenders of channel where they can come back in a second, they should be able to silence them so they cant speak at all for say 10 or 15 mins, the time period being increased each time they offend, i feel this would be much more effective.

4/ I think it would help the game greatly if there were a pop up help menu ingame to stop the same basic questions being asked every couple of mins.

Well just a couple of ideas please feel free to comment on them you cant hurt my feelings.

1) most likley this should be done in the manufacture window with raw meat and coal, and maybe a flint&steel in your inventory...

2) reflections are purely clientside, it does not eat bandwidth but it does eat framerate on some graphics cards (notably nvidia ones). add this to el.ini to turn them off: #show_reflection = 0

3) they can, the command is called #mute and will make them unalbe to speak for 20 min...

4) well you have help commands and help keys for the basic interface info. other then that you can allways go talk to newbie helper. its a npc located close to the wraith on isla prima...

1: Fire needs to be done first, cooking raw meat will probably come after that.

2: Reflections don't take up network bandwith, they are generated on the client. They slow done some graphics cards a lot, but others they don't slow down at all. If you got the first kind, you can turn reflections off.

3: They can already do that.

4: It's called the newbie helper. He is located right next to the wraith.

can u clear up if my nviada tnt 2 (w/e it is i can spel it)is good or not

i could use a diferent answer then depends on ur sytem if i new where to look i could tell you what stuff i have but im very stupid and i dont know alot about these computers even tho i think that i do :(:cry::P:cry:

Small quantities of bread are available for free, buying food isn't very expensive, and harvesting Fruit/Vegies is 'fairly' high for a new player. But there seems to be a gap between the free bread and the free harvestable foods.

Maybe we need a new category of vegies that is low food and bulky, but much easier to harvest while keeping the current vegies. I'd make it the 'larger' vegetables like pumpkin and cabbage and give them an emu of 3, and only give around 10 food level.

1. the cooked meat should fill you up more than vegetables..i'm not sure how much it does now, but that can be changed. we are also planning to have players to start the fires in the game, something like:you'd need to have wood, flint & tinder, in your inventory, perhaps manufacture (combine) them, then while standing next to a fireplace, you'd click on the wood there and you'd light the fire :) and perhaps you would have to keep feeding it with wood or it would die, or maybe it will just die and you'll have to do the thing all over again.

And perhaps you'd also be able to use magic to light the fire :)

Then to cook meat, when a fire is burning you'd be able to USE raw meat on fire...AND/OR...the other idea with the fire essences might work too.

4. That's what the MANUAL, on the website, is for. I really hope I didn't write all that stuff out for nothing. PLEASE use it people!!

Ow I'd LOVE to sit next to a real fire, especially at night!

So I hope you make it a real 3D fire, not a You created a fire message... :)

LOL..well I guess we can include some visual aids there too, like.. "the fire you created is very hot, and redish orange in color"

HAHAHA and the answer to the thing Roja didn't know cooked meat is 20 or 25 food level veggies is 15

LOL..well I guess we can include some visual aids there too, like.. "the fire you created is very hot, and redish orange in color"

DOH! :shock: now THAT will do... :roll:

That doesn't add the FEELING of a REAL FIRE...

The fire you created is very hot, you burned your fingers and your eyebrows when lighting it.

It would be really cool if you let us make fire everywhere, not just the campfire places in game. Just make those fires temporary. How long a fire lasts could also depend on the amount of wood you use to make a fireplace. eg:

maximum wood that can be used to make a fireplace => 10 => while 1 woods burns out in a minute, so that'll make 10 min. max. OR 2wood/1minute. making it 5 min max. to prevent fireplaces burning forever. Then if you click on a fire by using the eye-icon you'll be able to see how long the fire will burn and then you'll be able to add more wood if you wish - like you said Roja.

I think that fires should be able to be created anywhere...HOWEVER, meat should not be able to be cooked on the fire, as you would burn your hands. I think you should need to use Fire Essence, frying pan, then raw meat, and mix in manu screen.

As for the making fires I like the fires, jsut not for cooking things. Itd make game kinda cool, and if fires were used for cokking, it would make big problem like the storage units lol....crowded.

If I were on a hunting trip in the wilds I wouldn't neccesarily be carrying a frying pan. I would no doubt cook the meat on a stick so I didn't have the extra weight of a pan in my pack. If I were making stew, possibly for more food value then I would expect it to require a pot.

There should also be animals that provide meat available on every map.

If I were on a hunting trip in the wilds I wouldn't neccesarily be carrying a frying pan.  I would no doubt cook the meat on a stick so I didn't have the extra weight of a pan in my pack.  If I were making stew, possibly for more food value then I would expect it to require a pot.

There should also be animals that provide meat available on every map.

just what i thought u gotto use stick to hold the meat on the fire so it would slowly start to cook and if u hold it there too long it will burn :)

if u hold it there too long it will burn
- yeah no afk cooking!

Well, even if cooking were to be used in game, what would you be able to cook? Just meat, would you be able to add vegs after so many levels to make stew, and then add fruit to make a meaty cocktail (eww gross lol)?

I mean too much work for just cooking. I think fi your going to make cooking and ad it to the game, no exp should be gaiend for it, unless you gain magic/alchemy. Anything else would be pointless to get exp in, and a cooking skill strictly for cooking? I mean come on, it takes a child to make even the best dishes, where as hunting/killing and magic and so on takes practice, cooking just doesnt.

So if cooking is able to be used, no point in making it so fires are where you cook its just STUPID.

Might as well have an entertainment skill you use for singing, and you learn more songs as you progress. Just the same thing, just different names.

I think if cooking is made you can cook raw meat to make meat and thats it, no further then that or it will just become stupid, no way in my life would it take more skill then level 0 to prepare the finest gourmet meal ever.

Well, I never thought of cooking as a skill, just as a way to turn raw meat into cooked meat outside the taverns... so you can really eat your fresh slaughtered piece of rabbit. No more and no less! To get exp for cooking?? Is it just me or is this idea totally coming out of the blue...

Anyways, the idea of cooking raw meat has been suggested on channel 1 by lots and lots of newbies who wanted to eat their meat.

You're totally right about one thing though -- cooking is a LOT easier then picking flowers! ;)

...You're totally right about one thing though -- cooking is a LOT easier then picking flowers! ;)

hehe... yes Marc you got your point *GGG* but in this game it probably really is easier. It has to do with our near-ghost form in EL, so basically we have to concentrate each time we want to carry out a physical action. But I know you've been talking about RL actually...

Waaaaaaaaah!!! The near-ghost thingie... :shock: :roll: :?

I read about it just two weeks ago, and I went like pictured above (the :shock: :roll: :?).

No, I still have to get used to the near-ghost idea... Errr wait, I don't have to get used to it! I don't want to get used to it! blblblblblbl...

(So, as you can guess, I was really talking about in-game... ;))