Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Justinrulz

is there an easy way?

Guest Justinrulz

is there like a precreated bot that i can download for it cus it is too complicated for my brain :P:P <_< -_-

Read the stickey thread: "How do I make a bot?"

it contains a list of bot makeing projects. But with just about all of them it is up to you to do quite a bit of writeing with the messageing interfaces. with my project all the networking code has been done but it is your job to parse messages from the client and send the responses.

I also have some example bots in my project, which are outdated versions of my bot 'iknow', i'll probly release an updated version in a fiew weeks when i'm happy with the code.

Edited by dns_server

Guest Brador

Can't anyone make a programm what makes it really easy to create a bot? A programm that has some options for the bot, and then compile the code automatically?

Can't anyone make a programm what makes it really easy to create a bot? A programm that has some options for the bot, and then compile the code automatically?

kinda. you could have a generic bot with a few compile options. but then you're limited to common-use bots. you want anything different or interesting and you have to have it added yourself.

and for this to work, you need the compiler. and if you have the compiler, you should know how to use it. and if you know how to use it, you should be able to develop whatever you need off a common base like dns posted

Createing something to be easy to use is really hard to do.

First it requires a bot to be written in a completely modular way so it is possible to mix and match several versions of the same code so this would mean that it would require someone to write the major parts of the bot several times so you have options. It also requres us to have ether a time machine, telepathy or some kind of future sight to think up all the ways that the bot would work in the way the user would want it.

My bot is slowly evolveing into a more modular archatecture where each command is processed by a seperate module this allows me to add commands easyer.I'm working on createing sessionless communication to allow developing more interactive inputs, ie filling out a form where it asks for your name, email adress etc and am working on an email system to allow you to write letters that take up multiple lines.

I'm also working on adding services such as account managment to allow things such as email to be personalised and add things like mail blacklists.

I need to get interested and rewrite the networking code for my bot to fully implement the protacol. Currently my bot is pritty dumb it processes createing actors so it can extract names and guild tags and can chat but i should actually write most if not all the protacol. i have not goten the bot to trade with the new protacol yet and that was months ago that it changed.