Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Druana

Basic-Attributes

Guest Druana

Do Basic-Attributes control anything beyond Cross-Attributes? For example, if I wish to raise Might, I add up Physique + Coordination and divide by 2, rounding down, which I understand. But...does Physique or Coordination control anything, like Physique controls how hard you hit, or do they just control raising the Cross-Attributes and nothing else?

Thanks.

Good question. My answer is, I do not know. Im not sure I want to know the inner-workings of this game. That would be for the develpers to know and for us to not find out.

Guest Druana

I agree with the inner workings to some degree, but if you are going to have stats that you raise, there has to be some level of intent to crafting a character. For me, it would be akin to trying to raise your Might, but not knowing what it does. I'm looking at it like this..

New character has all 4's with 10 points(i think) to distribute. I want to raise my Might so I have 2 choices. Put 5 each in Physique + Coordination, or put 10 in one. Both will give me 9 for Might. So which is the "better" way?

Hmm.. I don't know the answer either, but I have an Idea for testing...

There are potions for each attribute (I think there is one for each.), and I believe that they each raise the stat by 5...

You could make/get some of these potions and see what results you get...

i think basic attributes ONLY raise your cross attributes. It still makes sense to pick them carefully tho, cause 1 basic attribute raises more than just 1 cross attribute. (e.g. physique increases might, but also matter and toughness)

From the quick guide in Help Me (pinned topic)

Attributes - These are where the majority of your pick points will go, so its good to know what they do.

At the moment its only worth while putting your pick points into 3 areas

Physique - Makes you hit you enemies harder, gives health (MP) and carry capacity.

Coordination - Makes it harder for enemies to hit you, gives carry capacity

Will - gives you more health (MP), mana (EP) and increases rationality (faster reading and more exp)

Go to this site:

http://o.tfm.ro/

And then click on "attributes" from the choices in the left column.

Not only does this give a description of what each cross attribute does(and which basic attributes give them), but it gives you a calculator to determine how each attribute will affect the cross attributes depending on your personal stats.