Eternal Lands Official Forums
dns_server

inter bot communications

Wonder if this would this lead to a price war or price fixing...

I'm not sure that an automated procedure of either would be good for the economy...

Well, we may find out someday.

Perhaps Im missing something here, but cant this be easilly done done via pm's?

bots are in essence just players so whats to stop something like

[babytradebot] > /daddybot #queriewhitelist badplayer

[dadybot] > /babytradebot #respnsewhitelist badplayer 1

Or if you want to be bandwidth efficient, and even mimic the way the server sends

[babytrradebot] > /daddytradebot #25 9 badpalyer

(25 being the used in this example as querie whitelist, 9 for data length, followed by data)

[dadybot] > /babytradebot #25 9 badplayer 1

(as above, but 25 now denotes return data of whitelist)

This is somethink Ive thought about before, and have actually created a bot guild (unused at the moment) so #gm can be used for communications.

Any approved bots are welcome to join this and we can work on a #gm protocal.

(the guild being AI (Artificial Ignorance) )

As a final thought perhaps a bot channel would be the easiest methode, ie a channel that ONLY bots can join, thus avoiding the requirement of them being in the same guild.

Im not saying any of the above thoughts are the perfect solution, however I see them as easy implementations of something that im not convinced is serverworthy.

(Not convinced it isnt server worthy either, but anyway  thats my tuppenceworth...  See what you think ;-) )

212813[/snapback]

This has always been my assumption! Yes... all via text PM's. That is all, really. I think this is a great idea. I'm always playing with bots on EL and it would be a blast to have my experiments join a bot guild or channel and just even do general handshaking. This is just a fun idea. If someone selects a channel and a "protocol", then it would be a lot of fun. I've never thought it would be a server packet thing. That certainly would be overkill :D I love the idea of a standard protocol and a standard channel. If the channel was public, it would be easy to implement some sort of handshaking so the bots know who is a fellow bot and who is a human trying to fool the bots.