Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
frak

ive been exploring

Any way of letting us simple none programming folk test this?

210308[/snapback]

Not until it's done. When it's done there will be a test version or something.

TheDoctor: this is part of the reasons, the other reason is support for custom inguild outfits and stuff.

oh very interesting.

about guildtags. i already use the guildtag as "guild_id". i changed parts of customizing code for that. now that you say guildtags will be unchangeable, does that mean no guild or player ids will be sent from server?

oh very interesting.

about guildtags. i already use the guildtag as "guild_id". i changed parts of customizing code for that. now that you say guildtags will be unchangeable, does that mean no guild or player ids will be sent from server?

210510[/snapback]

Yes, that is the idea. The guild tag will act as the guild ID. And I think the player name will also act as the player id (that means, of course, that there will be no name changes).

Yes, that is the idea. The guild tag will act as the guild ID. And I think the player name will also act as the player id (that means, of course, that there will be no name changes).

210577[/snapback]

what is the max name length and what is the alphabet? alphanumeric, minus and underscore?

Many guild tags have punctuation - I'm pretty sure these are all in use and I'm sure there are others:

[]{}~?!$*

Also you may need to handle the case of a newly created guild - I think the initial guild tag is blank (or an empty string - hard to tell by looking).

How do i get the minimap to work when i download it?

211431[/snapback]

it is not playable, unless u r a developer and know how to build a client

Just got and applied this patch, Quite ingenius. I wanted to ask, I cannot use this on the main sever? Just port 2001? Say the word and I will complie one without it and split it into two directories.

One thing I noticed. Alt+M gets it up, but it does not close it again.

Further testing...

Ok, Segfaulting on the most recent CVS with the patch. I will start a post in Bug Reports unless you want the output here... 5 min until I post.

Edited by Brom

2001 only. Developers have permission as always, otherwise, official client only.

214048[/snapback]

Done.

One thing I noticed. Alt+M gets it up, but it does not close it again.

Further testing...

Ok, Segfaulting on the most recent CVS with the patch. I will start a post in Bug Reports unless you want the output here... 5 min until I post.

213962[/snapback]

i get segfaults in particles.c when the minimap is open and i walk towards east map border. i didnt touch particles.c though. any ideas?

I get segfaults in particles.c using a CVS client from Oct 14 - the minimap patch might not be at fault.

bug report

but it only happened when the minimap was open and i walked to a map border. but ok ill cvs update and try again

I haven't seen any indication that the particles bug has been fixed in CVS.

Frak, can I see a screenshot of the minimap again? With the new guild colors and such.

214609[/snapback]

Yes, And can you post your most updated patch?

Yes, the new range thigny is ready for testing but I can't test it without that patch being updated and workign properly. So can you please post an updated patch?