Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CodeWarrior

using valgrind with eternal lands

Has anybody tried and succeeded getting valgrind to work with Eternal lands?

I thought it might give me some insight into my fadein/out problems, but it spits the dummy loading OpenGL's libraries...

scrap that...

I kept getting the error: cannot enable executable stack as shared object requires: invalid argument loading OpenGL with Valgrind. I managed to fix the problem by using:

execstack --clear-execstack [path to so file]

unfortunately, valgrind goes crazy with errors in nVidia's openGL lol :) and unsurprisingly, runs too slow for EL to keep up the music. probably a bad idea to even try this with EL I think.

I used val with EL, to identify a bunch of issues during the pre-release stage and new server testing. Basicly with the opengl libs, you set up a bunch of exceptions for them, as per the docs, based on the errors you are reciving ie, --gen-suppressions=yes

then make a file for them, And add --suppressions=filename

It ran pritty slow overall, But it was playable, And i was able to keep up with the music, Guess it helped having 2 proccesors tho. my system was worked really hard.

But it was worth it, A bunch of stuff was identified. I will probably get around to doing some more val testing soon.