Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vampireLOREN

Addiction

My name is the Vamp and I am an addict.

My addiction is to this game...and to the short time daily that I can play, and like an AA meeting one always introduces themselves, much of what has transpired has driven a shock wave thru' this community of souls....friendships shattered

trust and pleasure gone.

This little game was once just a dream....it has become a reality. People coming to play....people building deep friendships. Others seeing their role playing fantasies appearing in glorious technicolor 3D!!! strange little things that happen...like meeting a stranger that becomes a friend. It really is a wonderous place. I hope for those that own and develope this it grows into a business

and provides for them for life.

But for us ...the rank and file...us lucky few that have found this game we too have a part and responsability not just as to behavior but to EACHOTHER.

Okay..sometime ago when Shivar received his ban...I became vocal in my support for him , this was not because I was his friend...we hardly knew eachother.

No, I did it because I felt that he had been set a trap...and he had fell into it.

Shivar might remember that I gave him help freely after...and what encouragement I could. Later I felt let down by him and by the actions of Chicken George and the others. I typed #ignore and added all their names to it...shivars, his brother...all of them. Later there were further complaints about CG....and I gave advice to those that I thought would need it. After that I wanted no more

rarely posting. Then we have the cheating saga...and the fair way it was treated

then comes the massed bans. It is obvious that Both the owners have had enough and who would blame them, the mods too must have had enough so it occured to me that we all have offer ourselves here...to stand up and be counted if you will. What I have to suggest might cost me more lost friends...but it cannot be worse than to see one friend banned and making a site of her own just to show hatred for someone else who is a friend. It cannot be worse than having a friend call me and say that they feel frightened. I do expect you to be your brothers keeper...what I suggest is to be a good neighbour.

I propose #1 all of those banned be granted probation.

#2 the probation can only be granted when two volunteers have come forward

these will be the prob players "buddies". They can not be from his/her guild..and cannot be known close friends.

#3 any proved breaking of the rules could affect the buddy players too,so they should be aware of their role and of their commitment. If there are issues other players need to know the buddy players so they can assist before anything gets out of hand. It would help if probation players have a P after their name , this will make it easy for other players new and old...can look up to see who the buddy is.

It is not to be jailer...nor a keeper...it is to be a buddy. To be a buffer maybe to stop problems getting as far as abuse . I t would give the mods a break and it would put something back into this free game...think of as paying your rent if you like.

To be honest I feel much sorrow for Ent and all....you need the wisdom of Soloman to solve this .

The period of the probation should be ...for as long as it takes each case on its own merits. The buddies should only do this for one player...and be commited to it.

I have not discussed this with anyone...and if i reread it...well I wont post it...so excuse the mistakes please.

If this idea has no merit....then if it gives another the desire to come up with an alternative...then that would be just fine.

I do not really know any of the banned players....have precious little to lose...and might even make a friend, so yes I offer myself as a buddy player...and that if accepted is 50% of what is needed to get one player unbanned.

Entrophy...you made us a community..let the community solve this.

Thank you for reading this......

Personally, I would only ban Jipomax and Dlerch forever, without any chance of appeal because of what they said about me and Roja. The others, while they did say nasty things, could get another chance IF everyone they insulted forgives them.

well just my 2 cent:

How many times were they on probation already? Right...

On the other hand there are people like JaneMuffin - that were banned for the single reason to accuse another player. That other player is neither a Mod nor a contributer to the development of the game.

Where's the "probation" for her? Where's her second chance?

Edited by kl4Uz

Jane deserves a second chance after the slanderous site she created? (Radu knows which one; so do several other folks who remember the link)

You know, I have seen alot of people around here get more second chances than carter has liver pills, and they didn't deserve them. Everyone deserves to be treated equally (except dlerch and jipo because of what they said) and get a second chance, reguardless WHO doesn't like that person.

On the other hand there are people like JaneMuffin - that were banned for the single reason to accuse another player. That other player is neither a Mod nor a contributer to the development of the game.

207536[/snapback]

Janemuffin's site is beyond disgusting. Now whatever she does on her own websites is her thing..but it DOES involve Eternal Lands players, Eternal Lands art, and even had an impersonation of Entropy on her forums. There is extreme harrassment on that website, so she also fully deserves her ban as she did take it to the game as well.

Personally, I would only ban Jipomax and Dlerch forever, without any chance of appeal because of what they said about me and Roja. The others, while they did say nasty things, could get another chance IF everyone they insulted forgives them.

207532[/snapback]

She got banned for claiming that Rogue made a 'custom' client for Enyo. Rogue is a developer, so...

Besides, I told her that if she doesn't show any proof to back up her claims she will be banned. And she presnted no proof other than: "some guy heard from some other guy who heard from this guy that Rogue ddi this".

I know Rogue better than any of you here, and I am pretty confident that he didn't cheat. I mean really, if he wanted to cheat don't you think he would have modified his top thing not to show the real stats? Or just do it over time?

But like I was saying, it's a matter of trust, simple as that. You have no way to know wether he or others are cheating, so you either trust us or not. And if you don't, then stop playing, as there is really no purpose playing a game only to get pwned by the evil cheating devs.

^ Taken from the original thread on macroing.

Asking us to trust you (the devs) or stop playing the game is fine, we should, and most of us do trust the devs, and you/they do a great job.

But if you're asking us to trust you, then one thing I expect of a game developer regardless of who has made an accusation against any dev, and regardless of how absurd that accusation may or may not be, proof or no proof - I trust you (the devs) to at the very least, check out this (and any/all) accusation made against a dev.

I'm not suggesting you didn't look into the accusation, but with the trust between community and devs getting worse, wouldnt it have been better to do the necessary checks and tell us those accusations were false?

I'm not telling you how to run your game, its just my opinion. You may say that you should not have to check into some allegations, the community should trust you regardless - but look at the greetings thread to see how many non-cheating players are saying their farewell.

"Trust us or stop playing".

Edited by Gunslingers

:D that last thing you said confused me Entropy hehe

("some guy heard from some other guy who heard from this guy that Rogue ddi this".)

My mind can be a little slow sometimes. heh. :D All is go though.

Well I thing you are "Nice" Entropy

---------------------------------------------------------------------

In a scal from 1 - 10 (1 = Evil, 10 = Nice)

Entropy: 10 couse you are teh GOD and you nice :)

Roja: 4 couse she yelled at me for calling the underworld "hell"

Just kidding :lol: I give Roja a 10, I think shes cool too :P

Soldus and Rogue: 10 couse they are the best :mean:

Radu: 10 couse he is like Entropy teh GOD and he got me my p2p race when i payed for it :hug:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

And oh ever i missed you all are wonderful :omg:

PS: i dont care what people say about you guys, if you are ebul sometimes, it realy brings out the best of you sometimes, and I do have a PEER Educator Licenses. I can tell that you guys have a warm heart

:hug: 's to all GODs and mods and helpers

Janemuffin's site is beyond disgusting. Now whatever she does on her own websites is her thing..but it DOES involve Eternal Lands players, Eternal Lands art, and even had an impersonation of Entropy on her forums. There is extreme harrassment on that website, so she also fully deserves her ban as she did take it to the game as well.

207558[/snapback]

Having seen it, yes I agree. Jane knows my opinion on it

just as I know Jane's opinion on me.

But for a short time I knew Jane when I was in the Guild GarD

AND i WOULD SAY that there isnt a more helpful Kinder player than her.

I would ask my ex Guild Mates to maybe make a case for her.

I would not let any be unbanned without each making their own seperate

peace and PRIVATE agreement directly to You and your husband.

I have yet to meet You Roja....I hope to if only to thank you for all You do

ps, The saddest thing about Janes site is that it is directed to

one as kind and helpful as she is.

207532[/snapback]

To Ent, May I suggest at the moment for the others let the door not be fully closed and may I further suggest there is no further action taken without

lots of thought taken by YOU and ROJA. We the rank and file just average players have a debt to you for providing hours of free entertainment.

To others that make an act an act of forgiveness.... just to get back in..well that is too easy. We players..as well as you owners dont need this .

last night when I wrote to you...I made a list of players who I thought would make great buddyPlayers and it pleased me that three of the folk on my list have responded to this thread Thank You Kl4uz Lady Wolf and My Friend Guns.

Please let this thread go where it will...let others add ideas and let this work itself out. Thank you.

I am the Vamp and still an addict.

ps Jipomax and Dlerch??? yep &*£""!!! them

PPS I might appear to spam this thread....it is my thread and in this case

ask that i be allowed.

You know, I have seen alot of people around here get more second chances than carter has liver pills, and they didn't deserve them.  Everyone deserves to be treated equally (except dlerch and jipo because of what they said) and get a second chance, reguardless WHO doesn't like that person.

207555[/snapback]

could I ask you to return please.....You are needed now.

well just my 2 cent:

How many times were they on probation already? Right...

207536[/snapback]

would you help?? Kl4uz....I am asking please

Asking us to trust you (the devs) or stop playing the game is fine, we should, and most of us do trust the devs, and you/they do a great job.

But if you're asking us to trust you, then one thing I expect of a game developer regardless of who has made an accusation against any dev, and regardless of how absurd that accusation may or may not be, proof or no proof - I trust you (the devs) to at the very least, check out this (and any/all) accusation made against a dev.

I'm not suggesting you didn't look into the accusation, but with the trust between community and devs getting worse, wouldnt it have been better to do the necessary checks and tell us those accusations were false?

I'm not telling you how to run your game, its just my opinion. You may say that you should not have to check into some allegations, the community should trust you regardless - but look at the greetings thread to see how many non-cheating players are saying their farewell.

"Trust us or stop playing".

207589[/snapback]

That accusation was baseless to begin with, as Rogue runs Linux and he doesn't even have a windows compiler and stuff to make that client for Enyo, which runs Windows.

If this is what it takes for the wounds to heal, let it be.

I have been in this community for what may seem to some short, and others long - since the end of January. I don't know if anyone really respects me, but more and more, I've come to respect every place in the community - from the bloodthirsty PKer to the docile Alchemists, Roleplayers to channel/forum campers, and everyone in between.

The game has no place for those who break the rules without a second thought. On the other hand, forgiveness hasn't seemed in short supply until lately - then again, this situation hasn't been the best for any of us.

Whatever it takes to get us past the ugly mess that has come up, let it be.

That accusation was baseless to begin with, as Rogue runs Linux and he doesn't even have a windows compiler and stuff to make that client for Enyo, which runs Windows.

207664[/snapback]

Not only that, Rogue has made his machines open access to whatever developer needed his services, data packs, compiles testing, you name it.

Dam near impossible to hide when you have an open house.

Guest Enyo

I'm not forgiving and i seriously doubt that i can nor will be able to for a very long time but that's just me and i know my opinion doesn't count much here but i'm giving it anyway even though i'm sure i'll be flamed for it.

first of all, when these guys were announced on the illegal client hall of fame list, the first thing they did was to accuse rogue and i of cheating and then accused other mods of cheating instead of just saying that they smeged up. so easy to displace the blame instead of accepting responsibilities.

when shivar was banned and his stats and inventory wiped, i erected a post much like this one.. asking people to give shivar another chance.. asking people to help him replace items lost in his inventory..to forgive him.. even my friend here vampireloren was initially against it but then he decided to help and he did as did many others.

not long after i gave shivar half my inventory and did other things to help, like even attack a guild mate just to protect and defend him.. etc.. abusive, sexually graphic things were posted to my site from his and his brother's IP address along with some other EF impersonating mods/devs and other EL players.

then after they apologize on the forums they tell me privately that they only apologized to get unbanned and weren't sorry for anything at all. that was shocking to say the least.

i've had to change my name several times just because i want to be left alone in peace in the game. it shouldn't have to be that way. but it is. still, i'm not left alone because they have my stats memorized and are always on the look out for me so that they can broadcast to EL my new name just to be harassed again.

of course when cg got banned, janemuffin erected this horrific and slanderous site dedicated primarily in my honour but also in rogue's honour, too. this site was endorsed and supported by many EF and also shivar and once again someone was impersonated.. this time entropy, rogue and myself. even now shivar has on his site that i must die and i'm a f***king bitch.. nice to know after i did so much to help him.

well i used to be good friends with most of EF until cg joined and then it all changed. although, i was always defending rogue with some of these guys, not only ingame but on ventrilo. it would piss me off to no end to hear them diss the mods and especially to hear their hatred of rogue, always saying that he's cheating when he wasn't. and if someone got unbanned, they would accuse the person of paying entropy off.. like shivar did about belali.

i find many of them hypocritical to ask forgiveness when they offer none for other players. i see posts in outlaws where some of them are unmerciful to their enemies yet want forgiveness here.

infact, most of them take no real responsibility here and even blame ME for them getting banned instead of themselves. i'm their scapegoat because i was the one always defending rogue and even some other mods. so, it's easy for them to direct all of their hatred towards rogue and i instead of facing the reflection in their mirror each morning.

i don't think most of them are sorry because it's just been my personal experience that they only say "sorry" when they get caught. i think their behaviour and lack of respect for the mods/dev and other players is infectious and damaging to EL as a whole. many of them have apologized for their actions/words to mods/devs only to go and repeat the same exact behaviour again or something even worse.

maybe the community can forgive them (btw, most don't even apologize to the community but only to mods/devs per the request of entropy) and that's great if they can but i've personally been burned too many times, sorry folks. one can also forgive but not forget lessons learned.. there is also something called "justice". even the very day hardcore got unbanned he says he's leaving communistic lands and told me, tidus and rogue on an msn conference that it's all my fault that ef said bad things about rogue and my fault they have mod problems and my fault cg and others got banned.. where's the responsibility here?

some of these guys were hating and accusing rogue before i ever knew the game existed. the posts are even still in the forums. and their cheat client has been in operation for at least 2 years.. LONG before i knew about EL.

The irony here is that as they accused rogue of cheating and now even me because i've defended him and i'm his friend.. is that THEY are the ones who got caught with their pants down and not him nor me.

they are "addicts" and addicts will do or say anything to get their fix.

edit: for the record, i'm not perfect and never claim to be as none of us are..

PS: as for probation, some of these guys were already on probation.. probation is nothing if it's not enforced according to the conditions thereof when violated. then what? punishments can't be taken seriously and the mod/dev team lose credibility.. this all effects the management of the community as a whole in a negative way. as roja said, sometimes an apology whether heartfelt or not is simply not enough.. in otherwords.. too little, too late.

actually, many of their apologies are a scam.. taking advantage of the good nature of the mods/devs/comunity and even entropy himself. in the words of many of them.. "once a scammer, always a scammer"

the only one whom i've seen make a sincere effort to rectify his wrongs is tidus. he wrote a most sincere apology and i know that he meant it.

Edited by Electra

most of it is true but i want to say sopmething about it (like alway's) ;/

Enyo:first of all you say this: even now shivar has on his site that i must die and i'm a f***king bitch.. nice to know after i did so much to help him.

comment:i guess ur talking about janemuffins site? cause shivar doesn't have any.

Enyo:it's easy for them to direct all of their hatred towards rogue and i

Comment: true and i admit that it was wrong.

Enyo: i don't think most of them are sorry because it's just been my personal experience that they only say "sorry" when they get caught.

Comment: you mean that if someone for example swears at someone then that person doesn't apologize, but when they get caught doing something they can get banned for they do say sorry?

Enyo: as for probation, some of these guys were already on probation.. probation is nothing if it's not enforced according to the conditions thereof when violated. then what? punishments can't be taken seriously and the mod/dev team lose credibility.. this all effects the management of the community as a whole in a negative way. as roja said, sometimes an apology whether heartfelt or not is simply not enough.. in otherwords.. too little, too late.

Comment: yes but sMooMs and Shivar have the same IP i think mods do know that he's not a guy which causes trouble alot.

i bet that there hasn't been a abuse report send about him or a topic about him in outlaws ever.

but due to the same IP they think sMooMs is a troublemaker :P

if it's possible can't you mark the IP's of shivar and sMooMs so you know who of the 2 is a troublemaker and which is not?

Guest Enyo

207722[/snapback]

thanks for at least admitting wrong because that goes a long ways and means allot to me.

edit: i meant shivar's site.. he has it on his site, too.. under pk list..just like once he wrote to learner.. is a jew and must die..he can do what he wants on his site but it just basically shows a certain mentality, that's my point. jane's site is just sick and twisted.. not to mention illegal.

Edited by Electra

207558[/snapback]

Her homepage was disgusting and many of the things she said were not right. I just want to remind you that some of the persons that now got banned, were on probation because of an act like this - harrassment and impersonations as you called it.

All I asked for was to treat Jane the same way, like allowing her to apologize and giving her a probation period.

with regards,

kl4Uz

Guest Enyo
All I asked for was to treat Jane the same way, like allowing her to apologize and giving her a probation period.

with regards,

kl4Uz

207725[/snapback]

what jane did was also illegal.. and extreme

some people don't deserve this opportunity.. as entropy said he would never consider giving dlerch another chance. there is a limit but i respect your opinion.

Edited by Electra

if it's possible can't you mark the IP's of shivar and sMooMs so you know who of the 2 is a troublemaker and which is not?

207722[/snapback]

I think it was said before that they share an IP - IOW, if they share the same IP, no.

Back in general -

I personally saw Jane's site - it was rather... sickening. Her forum was (I say was, Invisionfree took it down for violating TOS) even more disturbing, except that whoever protrayed Entropy did a good job. I never posted a thing there, I just wanted the mess to be over, but just had to see. I wish I hadn't.

Please, everyone - say your apologies, say your forgivenesses, say your good-byes. But let's let Eternal Lands, the game we all claim to love, live.

Guest Enyo
Please, everyone - say your apologies, say your forgivenesses, say your good-byes.  But let's let Eternal Lands, the game we all claim to love, live.

207736[/snapback]

i agree... time to let this all die and move on.. turn the page and start a new chapter in book of eternal lands. :)

207532[/snapback]

I read the logs again , i read the posts made on forums since the whole thing started. Also i talked to several of them. Here is my personal oppinion:

I woudn't unban any of those 11 persons banned:

HOAXER

SMOOMS

TIDUS

DJINN

MURIDI

CHICKENGEORGE

SENIA

HARDCORE

POWERWARRIOR

OHOHOK

FROGKILL

Let me resume the reactions since it begins:

Oct 1 (mods are bluffing, we are l33t they can't catch us)

====

#GM from PowerWarrior: i think they are bluffing

#GM from HaRdCoRe: so this is how Ef falls apart... ;/

#GM from HaRdCoRe: because of some stupid bitch ass mod scheme

Oct 2 (omfg they didn't bluffed )

====

#GM from Ohohok: man, im so gonna laugh when entropy is bluffing :)

#GM from Tidus: OMG, HE ISNT

#GM from HaRdCoRe: he isn't

#GM from Tidus: he has the EF CLIENT!!!

#GM from Tidus: he knows EVERYTHING thats on it

#GM from Slashfury: how the fuck does he know i used that client?

#GM from Muridi: i cant be bothered to post on form

Oct3 (making a new client, hunting the informer)

===

#GM from Djinn: lol we should remove the end button and remake the client:P

#GM from Barnak: slow down auto mixer a little more and build into client

#GM from HaRdCoRe: lmao i'm sucking up to rogue :D

#GM from powerwarrior: they can make a exeption or im gone :)

#GM from emon2: but i dont understand hor rogue got the ef client

#GM from powerwarrior: they have a spy

Oct4 (flaming time)

===

#GM from Slashfury: u know wut i really wanna know is..how did he get the client?....

#GM from Schizophrenic: stupid noobs still asking everything and i have to copy it from chatlog :(

#GM from Barnak: everyone going to make HEs if they get oa reset

#GM from Djinn: anyone know when stats will be reduced btw?

#GM from Schizophrenic: this week dunno when

#GM from Djinn: yeah let's hope friday evening

#GM from Djinn: so we can level full time during the weekend lol

#GM from PowerWarrior: http://************/dirtyrottensmegger/********.html

#GM from PowerWarrior: some funny shit on the forum of that site

#GM from PowerWarrior: no enyo cheating and also about cg getting banned on her site

#GM from Barnak: she really laid into enyo and ent..

#GM from FRoGkiLL: it was great

#GM from PowerWarrior: i also flamed a bit :P

#GM from Muridi: no you didnt

#GM from PowerWarrior: yes i did

#GM from Muridi: lol

#GM from PowerWarrior: falmed about rogue

Oct 5 (minimize the damage)

===

#GM from Djinn: i gathered 20k silver already:P

#GM from Tidus: but 840 emu rules for mining lol

#GM from Tidus: me and logis getting mass will lol

#GM from Tidus: so we get exp superfast

Of course there is more but i think is enought to make an ideea of the how things were. I didn't posted here links on what happened on forums. This you can see and corelate for yourselfs.

And all this time they tryed to talk their way out trying to talk with mods in particular, sending PM's and so on.

You see any little piece of remorse ? Because i don't. I found only hatred, insults, acusations, l33t attitude, who acuse the mods is their hero's and so on.

So why we should even consider unbanning them ?

To let them make a new client ? To level uber fast ? To hear from them more insults ?

just cause it happened before we made our apologies doesn't mean our apologies aren't sincere..

Entropy knows what i said about mods and he forgived me and decided to unban me.

i'm gratefull that i got this second chance and i won't waste it by doing anything bad again.

i hope we can move on now?