Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

Leave your character on....

I was thinking maybe it would be cool if you could have your character still be sitting on the maps where you left him and would take messages if people PMed him. So like if I wanted to leave my character on overnight, I could turn my computer off and have him still there so people could see me and leave me messages. :o

I was thinking maybe it would be cool if you could have your character still be sitting on the maps where you left him and would take messages if people PMed him. So like if I wanted to leave my character on overnight, I could turn my computer off and have him still there so people could see me and leave me messages.  :o

207465[/snapback]

Just hope there wasn't a monster invasion there while you were gone! Just think of all the people that would log back in and find they are in the Underworld!

bleh. better to have some sort of non-physical place.

be able to go there while AFK (with suitable timeout so you can't use it to escape fights), so you can still use PMs, GMs, channels, etc, but not get bothered by all the info about people coming and going.

completely safe too

bleh. better to have some sort of non-physical place.

be able to go there while AFK (with suitable timeout so you can't use it to escape fights), so you can still use PMs, GMs, channels, etc, but not get bothered by all the info about people coming and going.

completely safe too

207470[/snapback]

It's called Isla Prima. And I already do this sometimes... Go to sleep while im afk get up and read my messages... I dont see the point of this suggestion.

It's called Isla Prima. And I already do this sometimes... Go to sleep while im afk get up and read my messages... I dont see the point of this suggestion.

207484[/snapback]

Isla Prima is not totaly safe once some rabbits attacked it in an invasion. Sure there weak but if your a newb it could be fatal to have your character on in Isla Prima.

Is it expensive to implement a system where we can register for some kind of email thing like my email would be Doctor@eternal-lands.com and I could email LV at Lord_Vermor@eternal-lands.com or something like that

Is it expensive to implement a system where we can register for some kind of email thing ...

Like they say: all programs expand to the point they can read e-mail... :mean:

It's called Isla Prima.

207484[/snapback]

no it's not.

I have no fear of being killed there, because nekkid I can take anything under fem orcs(with armour, orcs and armed goblins, with weapons up to clopsen).

won't see any invasions of that strength there.

danger isn't the issue.

it's about network traffic, and computing power. sure, it doesn't seem like it'd matter, but I'd like to be able to chat on EL from my phone. and there, it will matter about each extra byte. (as for how I'd chat on my phone, that's another issue, and one I'm looking into. please don't followup about that here, it's a different issue)

Just hope there wasn't a monster invasion there while you were gone! Just think of all the people that would log back in and find they are in the Underworld!

207467[/snapback]

xD

Well we could have something like letterboxes. They would actually be models of letterboxes spread all over Draia and would work as mail in- and outboxes. By using a letterbox you could read letters that you recieved and send letters to other player, no matter if they are online or not.

That is what pm's in the forums are for guys! :)

207756[/snapback]

That works when the names are the same or you know the forums name for the person. There are a lot of people that don't use the forums though.

Why not just implement an ingame mail system instead?

I agree with learner. There are many that do not use the forums. Likewise I do not think an in-game mail system is exactly practical either. Would it not cause more diskspace to be used up? Eh. I like the idea, but I do not think its a good idea at this point.

i could see this working but just leave your person in a house at night

Maybe the mods can add a message funtion like

#message (command) playername message(if you are sending

read, send, delete etc

Example

#message send TheDoctor hello!

This message will be saved on the players messages and the player can read them when they log in.

Edited by warmastermage

Maybe the mods can add a message funtion like

#message (command) playername message(if you are sending

read, send, delete etc

Example

#message send TheDoctor hello!

This message will be saved on the players messages and the player can read them when they log in.

209898[/snapback]

If any change to the sytem were to be made, I would vote for that. Simple leaving your char logged on when your comp is off seems weird. What if person stops playing el? Does the char stay there forever? if everybody used tthe feature there might be a thousand idle characters sitting around.

Charge for postage -- 1gc/message. Messages undelivered after a week are deleted.

If you wanted to make it more "in-game", then set up a post master, box or counter in each town that characters have to use to send messages.

Guest skaar

an other idea, why can't we go afk and implement an private shop like in KAL-online ? think thats a good idea EL could implement too :D

an other idea, why can't we go afk and implement an private shop like in KAL-online ? think thats a good idea EL could implement too :w00t:

209990[/snapback]

Could you explain that please? I never played KAL, and I have no clue about your suggestion, but it sounds interesting :icon13:

Guest skaar
Could you explain that please? I never played KAL, and I have no clue about your suggestion, but it sounds interesting  :P

210151[/snapback]

when you reach lvl 11 in kalonline (www.kalonline.com), you can use the option: private shop. you mark items in your inventory, set the price, a message over your head and go afk. as long you are afk the private shop sell your stuff to other players (they come, look your inventory and can buy the stuff they want). it's a very good idea to sell items and you can make money over night (sold out stuff for 30k in one night/most was sold out in 2 hours).

it's unnecessary to stay at keyboard to sell stuff, cause while you are not afk you have other stuff to do (anyone disagree that?) ;)

that's a feature i wish implimented in EL :P

(the other feature is the pk/duell system, but thats another story)