Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gadai

Teleporting

A search in Suggestions doesn't show anything regarding this (searched using the term teleport - never realised just how much that word is used on this particular forum :P ). The idea would be to have a new spell called Teleport to Player at around 45 magic skill. This would be similar to the current Mod bamf* function, allowing a player to teleport to another player, regardless of location, providing that the target has the 'Allow Teleport?' box on their settings box ticked. The fact that it would be a player set function would hopefully prevent it being abused for harassment, cheating in 'hide and seek' contests, etc.

Now - please explain to me what obvious abusive of this I've missed! :(

*Bamf - a MUD term used to describe Mods/Imms/Gods ability to teleport themselves to any player. From the Nightcrawler comic character and the sound he makes arriving/leaving via teleport.

i like that idea alot but on the negative side like sparhawk says it wouldnt be good for pk as it could be used for ambushes and also it wouldnt be fair to use it in the new continant unless both players where already there because it could be used to bypass the toll

just thought of another negative, if this was implamented it would be way too easy to harvest because i could sit there all day and harvest 20k of iron ore and then get my guildys to take the bag away in a matter of minutes, looking at it like that im sure theres no way the devs would allow this

Edited by weaselturd

Well, I would assume that most people would untick the option on their settings box before entering a PK map :P On the second point regarding harvesting - just how willing do you think people with a magic skill that high will be to be used as mules? Think that occassionally it might be used like that but not on a regular basis :(

Well, I would assume that most people would untick the option on their settings box before entering a PK map :P
to turn it on/off often would be a hassle though
On the second point regarding harvesting - just how willing do you think people with a magic skill that high will be to be used as mules? Think that occassionally it might be used like that but not on a regular basis :(

207261[/snapback]

some people would train magic to be used as a mule... by that time they can have a big EMU as well. one person AFK at storage, several mining, and one teleporting back and forth means you can save up huge amounts

some people would train magic to be used as a mule... by that time they can have a big EMU as well. one person AFK at storage, several mining, and one teleporting back and forth means you can save up huge amounts

207264[/snapback]

Maybe we could use the new cooldown-function for magic spells aswell?

And make this spell useable only once every 10 mins or so!

Edited by Gravito

one person AFK at storage, several mining, and one teleporting back and forth means you can save up huge amounts

207264[/snapback]

Problem solved if the ingredients of the spells are really expensive.

Also, about pk maps the person who the teleporter would go, should accept in the moment of the magic.

The only application of this spell, imho, should be if some person are having trouble in pk map and ask a guild mate for help.

Edited by Lorck

Problem solved if the ingredients of the spells are really expensive.

207278[/snapback]

Sure, but:

1. No between maps;

2. No in PK areas;

3. No between continents (well, it's still 1, but let's stress it);

4. Required magic level 50;

5. Essences: 1 enriched magic essence, 10 air essences, 10 earth essences.

6. Yeah, it would be really fun.

enriched magic essence! that would be mad expensive! no enriched essences should be used in that kind of spell. also in contests, lets say its a contest first person to find Doctor in white stone wins a thermal serp...everyone will immediatley use the teleport spell.

You retards ought to read his whole topic. If somone unchecked the "Allow Teleport" box, noone could use the teleport spell to get to them.

A teleport to player is not a good spell, for various reasons (most of them already stated).

When thinking of new spells try to be creative while game balancing. Do not try to duplicate moderator commands.

Sure, but:

1. No between maps;

2. No in PK areas;

3. No between continents (well, it's still 1, but let's stress it);

4. Required magic level 50;

5. Essences: 1 enriched magic essence, 10 air essences, 10 earth essences.

6. Yeah, it would be really fun.

207298[/snapback]

I agree somewhat with you, I think

1. Yes between maps;

2. Yes in PK areas;

3. No to people that have the "accept teleport" button unticked

4. No between continents;

5. Required magic level 45-50;

6. Essences: 10 matter, 10 air, 10 spirit, 10 energy, 10 magic

It makes people think twice before using 100 of each of these essences just to haul ore and stuff for a friend, but still lets a person teleport freely when in a hurry.

Edited by tungston

Ah ha! But what if the person, in a hide-and-seek contes, were to teleport to a person that one? Hmmmm?

Heh. Ive used this is MUD's and it makes gameplay too dependent on it. But I would also like to feed this thread so. In addition to Teleport (I perfer "Relocate") I would also submit

Summon player which can take a target player and Summon them to you.

These spells would need to be extremely hard to do however so that they are not abused, and abused they would be.

Toggle is a must have for both abilities.

Like I said. I have seen it in gameplay. And it makes the game much to based around it, so the losses to cast the spell must be great.

I've seen in action too Brom and seen it balanced using cost, in terms of mana. I would suggest that in addition to the essences that the mana cost would be 60-70. This would make either idea an expensive proposition to be abusing :(

"Allow teleport on/off" just sucks. There should be a spell to counteract it not some setting in ELConfig.

And I think the level should be >45, more like 60.

Otherwise, not bad ;-)

"Allow teleport on/off" just sucks. There should be a spell to counteract it not some setting in ELConfig.

208238[/snapback]

you need to be able to block people from teleporting to you, and that shouldn't cost you anything.

so how about this: person 1 has to cast "create portal", and person 2 has to cast "receive portal" before the teleport happens.

can't be used unless the other person will accept it, no need for config settings, but still does what was wanted

you need to be able to block people from teleporting to you, and that shouldn't cost you anything.

so how about this: person 1 has to cast "create portal", and person 2 has to cast "receive portal" before the teleport happens.

can't be used unless the other person will accept it, no need for config settings, but still does what was wanted

208247[/snapback]

Now that seems to make a lot of sense to me. If you make it so that it does cost a lot of essences, and that the magic lvl required is high then it sounds good. Another point, what about making it that the teleport can go wrong and you end up in hell instead... Still have all you items/health etc just end up in hell!

Sounds good ttlantil, would requere 2 people with high magic level, and a good load of ess for the both to cast it. Still it can be abused, ofcource 'the one they are looking for' can turn it off, but say there's 5 prizes and i find him 1st, then use 'create portal' for a bunch of guildy's we'd have all the prizes. So maybe an area where the portal may not be created should be implemented?

Edited by Whisky

Sounds good ttlantil, would requere 2 people with high magic level, and a good load of ess for the both to cast it. Still it can be abused, ofcource 'the one they are looking for' can turn it off, but say there's 5 prizes and i find him 1st, then use 'create portal' for a bunch of guildy's  we'd have all the prizes. So maybe an area where the portal may not be created should be implemented?

208268[/snapback]

Or just ban "Teleportals Spell" from Manhunt contests. :inquisitive: that seems to fit all the checks ttlanhil. Only high-levels could use it.

::Goes off to train magic more.

If you want to teleport you have the portals room and rings.

What purpose would it serve if you have to be cast 2 spells at (a very high level) just to get to eachother? Wouldn't it be easier to use the portals room and the rings?

No, some places are extremely long walks to get too even with the rings and room. Like raven...that is a big pain to get too from most places almost no matter what. If you were having a guild meeting near there, one person could open the portal and the rest could teleport there.