Eternal Lands Official Forums

How about we can weild vegatables and click on the fists icon for attack and trow veggies at the punished people!

Well if ranged weaponss are planned, then throwing fruit and veg would be an easy extension -- but what effect would it have? Not really damage (unless there are coconuts in Irrilion). Maybe bruised ego? (in which case armour would be ineffective)

Heh, Stockades would be fun. Not a bad suggestion.

heh while in pillory u could pay hit them with a stick or a whip.

Might one be able to throw bodily wastes of manure at those incarcerated therein?

Ye, maybe, in all the 0 people who did not "alt+x" before that.

Might one be able to throw bodily wastes of manure at those incarcerated therein?

I don't think I would want to carry that in my inventory :)

Ye, maybe, in all the 0 people who did not "alt+x" before that.

punishment for breaking rules: you are in the show! (of course, the offender can only walk after a certain time in game, perhaps calculated like the harvesting new hour).

Erm, i believe there are cages of such (i know there's one in Idaloran and Zirakinbar) maybe when the range skill is put into the game those cells are Pkable and then we can throw veggies/arrows at them :icon13:

thought that one is only for contest rule breakers Oo

at least that were the only times i saw red name give away

Nah, making someone pkable can be a way of punishment for other stuff. For instance i remember CycloonX being made pkable for breaking summoning rules.

Also making pkable someone who don't broke any rule was used in contests, i remember LuciferX and Brom being made pkable for such a contest.

And well, i don't see much point in this way of 'punishment' if the punished just stay outside the game for that period of time, its the same to lock the char for that same amount of time.

Edited by Lorck

how about they must be logged in for a certain amount of time to get out, so you can't just log off and wait
This has also been a point of discussion in the past.

Having just a penalty time doesn't work, as people can log in and then go and do something else (or sleep if you don't have a life).

For a prison or punishment system to work, the sentence would have to be measured in some form of labour rather than time. For example, locking the prisoner in a mine; they must quarry and haul some quantity of (non-stackable) rocks from the depths up to the guard.