Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ignoble

Program crash after killing something

For the last few days I've been getting alot of program crashes (chucks me straight out to Windows) directly after killing something (it's been a garg every time that I've noticed). Anyone else getting this?

For the last few days I've been getting alot of program crashes (chucks me straight out to Windows) directly after killing something (it's been a garg every time that I've noticed).  Anyone else getting this?

206831[/snapback]

The same here when killing gars. The client just closes.

I use Windows.

Regards

Any error message at all? or a clean exit?

207178[/snapback]

Just clean exit.

It happends after killing a garg, and i click the bag while the garg is still up. But not always. I'm pretty sure that it happends after clicking the bag.

Regards

Yes, clean exit with no error messages. I'm not sure about it occurring on clicking on the bag though, but difficult to say without experimenting.

Ive seen a similar thing, a long while back, before the new server, It happend to me with Ogre using the cvs client at the time.

After sitting for days on a test server, Invading a room with Ogre, I was unable to repoduce it, It might have been slightly different in my case, In that it crashed when opening the death bag from the creature.

Just to be sure, Are you using the offical client? or the one with Ent's patch? or some other cvs client?

If its cvs, do you know the date of the compile? any of the flags used?

Ill have a shot at reproducing this.

This happens with official + Ents patch... It is a buffer overrun (if I remember correctly) and has to do with the bags. I think that it has been fixed and is supposed to be in the next patch...