Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  

AFK Spawn Camping

iv lost count on how many times iv gone to lvl up in an area only to find that the spawn spots are being camped on by people that are away from there keyboards, this is totaly crazy to the same effect as a macro user, i have this idea .... make it so that if you have not sent a message PM or Public or have not clicked your mouse key in say 10 to 15 minutes you are droped from the game eaten by a grue .."HempKnight was eaten by grue, do not akf camp spawns"

its hard enough to fight over or share with people that are alredy there let alone people that are afk.

:evil:

Possibly you could make a message that pops up telling you to move after, say 10 minutes, if you have not typed anything or moved your mouse. After the message is shown the player has about 10-20 seconds to type or move the mouse or something, otherwise they are logged off.

i must say that i have been afk fighting sometimes too. But there is a very. very easy solution. One that is already implemented on goblins. The monsters should just stop attacking you when you have a certain combat level...

Here's a crazy idea.

Make combat not so incredibly mindless that an unattended computer is just as good at it.

Jevik

or some kind of real time fighting isntead of fixed so you can hit them and run and they chase you

or maybe just beef up the gargs a bit they dont seem as scary to people anymore :?

and at the same time make the game unplayable for the lowbandwidth people.

i do not want to see this game turn into another counterstrike where framerate and ping is king!

maybe we should force afkers into a mode that need a typed command to get out of or is it easy to create a keyboard script that is feed to the game?

the problem is simple to see, the solution is allways hard as long as stuff isnt encrypted or in other ways sealed...