Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The pig of the year award

If i said it to a cop you are right but if i said it to a group of my friends in private. The cop would have to come talk to those involved and see if their was a valid and credible threat. He could not take secondhand info as a credible threat.

206222[/snapback]

It was beyond inappropriate for any setting. Do you have any idea how scared Roja may be after reading something like that? I'd be ready to move to the other side of the world.

If i said it to a cop you are right but if i said it to a group of my friends in private. The cop would have to come talk to those involved and see if their was a valid and credible threat. He could not take secondhand info as a credible threat.

206222[/snapback]

If you tell your friends in private, and one of them tells that to the police, and the target of your 'jokes' also complains to the police, I think the police has to investigate. Which even if they don't find you guilty, they will still make your life not very nice for a while.

Oh, I did not bother to read the chatlog. I notice a few additions that I did not say not that I expect to be believed. But I just noticed a few extra things. Did you add/doctor the log ent or was it done for you. That is a very nice touch though.

Nice try, but the whole log was confirmed independently by 3 parties, which did not know of eachother.

But we can, of course, go to the police.

Oh was it now then may we examine thos 3 independent sources. It is also a right to face your accusers here in america maybe not in EL. But we can hope that if someone felt so strong about something they could stand up to the person that they felt was doing something wrong. I also dont recall it ever takeing this long to verify something like this was said. Atr you certain this is not an attempt to cloud the issue of macroeing and not being able to prove that?

dude, i feel bad for them being banned for the convo. i understand it's like saying "hey man i'm gonna kill the president" ...you'd hafta arrest that person immediatly even if they were 3 years old. and i know that my guild has plenty of silly, sexual, crazy, explicit convos, w/e it'ts all in good fun.

however, macroing is not cool. i guess itd be fun and sort of your own game of being god-like in a fake world if you know how to macro, but if you get caught... then you go to hell =)

everyone who got banned, i dont know many of you well. actually, frogkill i'm gonna miss you buddy.

and for entro, i'm sure you didn't exactly enjoy banning people from EL so no one should give entro a hard time =P and ps. thanks for makin the game. it rocks. i play whenever i have free time (not too often anymore =(. )

As for going to the police please if you feel the threat exists then by all means please do. If you need my address name and number for them to interview me please let me know I will happily provide them in the interst of the public safety.

Oh was it now then may we examine thos 3 independent sources. It is also a right to face your accusers here in america maybe not in EL. But we can hope that if someone felt so strong about something they could stand up to the person that they felt was doing something wrong. I also dont recall it ever takeing this long to verify something like this was said. Atr you certain this is not an attempt to cloud the issue of macroeing and not being able to prove that?

206228[/snapback]

As you might have realized by now, the laws in the EL do not have to be identical with the laws in any country. BTW, it took a while to verify the log from 3 sources, that's why you didn't get banned earlier. As for the macroing thing, if you would look on the list of people who also got banned you will notice that not all macroed.

Finally, about reporting it to the police, we keep this option open for the time being.

lol no i didnt think you were serious at all, i just know a friend (a young girl) who mentioned something about the president and had the secret service in her house for a year and a half after =( ruined her life. Just seemed a close parallel to your silly joking comment and your ruined EL life. No police needed you seem pretty chill

dude, i feel bad for them being banned for the convo.  i understand it's like saying "hey man i'm gonna kill the president" ...you'd hafta arrest that person immediatly even if they were 3 years old.  and i know that my guild has plenty of silly, sexual, crazy, explicit convos,  w/e it'ts all in good fun.

The difference here is that he has not been arrested for this. But if you go to someone's party and make 'jokes' like that about him and his wife, would you realistically expect to be welcome there again?

I would expect the host to ask me if it was said to my face. I would expect that not to "verify it with 3 people" Now that said it is your party however I feel I was not even give the oppertunity to defend myself and quite honestly since thos comments were said in gm and no general chat what was wrong with it. Are you telling me that private messages are not private? I think everyone in EL should know if their GM is private if their channels are private and if our pms are private. I would understand if I had said something like that at ravens or some public area (If I had even said it). However it was said in guild chat. Hell a valid argument for roleplaying could be built even although that was not the case here. It was a bunch of frustrated people running their mouths in a private guild channel. Please if you think the threat was credible notify the police so that they can investigate it throughly and I promise I will keep the forums updated on the process. You and I both know how that will turn out and it would be very entertaining once they got all the logs and stuff from el to verify this threat. Now just admit you cant prove me at least macroed and this is just an attempt to assisanate my charchter so you can look like a good guy and me a bad guy.

I would expect the host to ask me if it was said to my face. I would expect that not to "verify it with 3 people" Now that said it is your party however I feel I was not even give the oppertunity to defend myself and quite honestly since thos comments were said in gm and no general chat what was wrong with it. Are you telling me that private messages are not private? I think everyone in EL should know if their GM is private if their channels are private and if our pms are private.  I would understand if I had said something like that at ravens or some public area (If I had even said it). However it was said in guild chat. Hell a valid argument for roleplaying could be built even although that was not the case here.  It was a bunch of frustrated people running their mouths in a private guild channel.  Please if you think the threat was credible notify the police so that they can investigate it throughly and I promise I will keep the forums updated on the process.  You and I both know how that will turn out and it would be very entertaining once they got all the logs and stuff from el to verify this threat. Now just admit you cant prove me at least macroed and this is just an attempt to assisanate my charchter so you can look like a good guy and me a bad guy.

206238[/snapback]

When he gets multiple copies of the #gm with that info, that really shows you weren't saying it in private.

Please notice, that this is NOT from server logs! That obviously wasn't said in private!

Well i have to say that i wouldn't like spying on me, i make jokes too to friends on gm, but the difference is i like this game a lot it's great.

The once using the ef client just should be ashamed of themselves with auto harm and auto heal u are practically not to kill.

And now that u get ur stats reduced banned because of bad behaviour u are so frustrated to start talking shit about devs adnd mods, u broke the rules it's ur own fault! U think u can get away with it easy because it was a private thing come on, tidus even said he can't stand this game in the log, well good for him he doesn't have to play it anymore he is banned, just think a lil about what the hell u are doing. I don't like the idea of people spying on me when i talk in private but this is not my game i just have the privilage to play it, u have to think as the game being someone elses private area where u have to stick to his or her rules not to ur own, i am sorry but i agree with the action entropy has taken here!

Well i have to say that i wouldn't like spying on me, i make jokes too to friends on gm, but the difference is i like this game a lot it's great.

The once using the ef client just should be ashamed of themselves with auto harm and auto heal u are practically not to kill.

And now that u get ur stats reduced banned because of bad behaviour u are so frustrated to start talking shit about devs adnd mods, u broke the rules it's ur own fault! U think u can get away with it easy because it was a private thing come on, tidus even said he can't stand this game in the log, well good for him he doesn't have to play it anymore he is banned, just think a lil about what the hell u are doing. I don't like the idea of people spying on me when i talk in private but this is not my game i just have the privilage to play it, u have to think as the game being someone elses private area where u have to stick to his or her rules not to ur own, i am sorry but i agree with the action entropy has taken here!

206242[/snapback]

Where is Entropy spying on people? Please reread what he said about the sources of the information! Spying would be Entropy getting that information from the server, not from people that are in that guild channel.

I dont know the source. But I am sure the chatlogs he verified "could" have been modified and I am sure he never asked for mine or even asked me if it was said. It seems very convenient that the people in the chat found it so offensive that 3 of them forwarded their chatlogs unsolicited to anyone and if they did why did it take this long to verify. It just seems very convenient way to deal with the fact that I was accused of macroeing and then it could not be proven. This is far easier to I mean to post a chatlog from gm accusing someone of insulting devs or mods. I bet you get any guilds chatlogs from 3 people u could ban 75% of el at one time or other because it is frustrating dealing with them. But it was not in public and it was not done here on forums. I think it is very clear what was done here and as I am powerless to do anything I have to accept it.

I didn't say he did i saiid i wouldn't like the idea of that happaning, and it seems strange to me that an ef member would give those logs out freely to a dev or mod, but that might have happened i don't know i didn't accuse anyone of anything in that post maybe i frased myself not clearly enough i hope this cleares the confusion

I dont know the source. But I am sure the chatlogs he verified "could" have been modified and I am sure he never asked for mine or even asked me if it was said.  It seems very convenient that the people in the chat found it so offensive that 3 of them forwarded their chatlogs unsolicited to anyone and if they did why did it take this long to verify.  It just seems very convenient way to deal with the fact that I was accused of macroeing and then it could not be proven.  This is far easier to I mean to post a chatlog from gm accusing someone of insulting devs or mods. I bet you get any guilds chatlogs from 3 people u could ban 75% of el at one time or other because it is frustrating dealing with them. But it was not in public and it was not done here on forums.  I think it is very clear what was done here and as I am powerless to do anything I have to accept it.

206247[/snapback]

Actually, I think the investigation had started prior to the macro detection code going live.

Edited by Learner

Actually, one peson forwarded that portion of the log to me. I asked other two people I can trust that were online at that time to please copy and paste to me the GM log between 2 specific messages. I didn't even give them the log I got, they gave me their logs as I asked.

dlerch You have seen the guild chat posted not the server log as per your request. The instant someone chose to believe your behavior right in front of them was so offensive that they had to report your privacy was over. If you think making jokes about rape is a great way to vent then I would suggest you only do it in company that agrees with you 100% You were reported and the chat brought to Ent's attention. He is not to blame for anything. He did not watch your guild chat on the server he did not watch your guild chat in game. You made the mistake of being repugnantly nasty in front of someone with a moral compass and some integrity. You were 'frustrated' because you were being punished for something you got caught doing. You had A LOT of opportunities to show that you respected this community and the devs who provided you with this game to play in the first place. You chose to not use any of those opportunities. In America what we have is taking responsibility for our actions and playing by the rules so that there is one place for people to come and expect fairness most of the time. You represent nothing but the worst our country has to offer. Please quit whining, be a man, learn from your mistakes and some day be a worthwhile person. Stop acting like a petulant child who is mad because they are being punished for getting in the cookie jar. Grow up take a lump and move on. You may have friends still here but most of the community does not appreciate you and your friends treating everyone else and the developers like dirt. We are actually greatful for the opportunity to be here with this game they provide for free. I hope I have enough money at christmas to buy some things to contribute to the devs pocket books because they deserve it. They do not derserve your behavior or your friends behavior in any way at all. You should at least apologize before you go for good.

TirunCollimdus A concerned member of the community.

Now we are back to why such a delay. And why not name those involved since you have named the accused should we not know out accusers? Lets be fair in this little bit of fun. Have the people that forwarded you the messages please step forward. Including the one that sent it to you first.

Now we are back to why such a delay.  And why not name those involved since you have named the accused should we not know out accusers?  Lets be fair in this little bit of fun.  Have the people that forwarded you the messages please step forward. Including the one that sent it to you first.

206254[/snapback]

If they wish to step forward, they will step forward. If they don't, they don't have to. I can't force anyone to post logs. If they do it, they do it voluntary. But obviously, if they step forward they will be harassed by some members of their guild, so I understand their reluctancy not to do so.