Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Haunted House!

Haunted House Event

I will be housting a Haunted House even for halloween!!!

There will be monsters (summoned by specif personel only please dont kill there for decoration) decorations, and scary storys!!!

A modify map (all permisions ask'd and granted for changing it) will be posted prior to the day of the event along with instrutions on how to install it and how to get to the location.

Download for the hunted house is up please look to my last post!!

Which brings me to the contest part of the even!!

Contest

We will have a spookie story writing contest, no less then 100 words no more then 1000.

[edit] We have our winner for this even look HERE for the winner (click meh) [/edit]

1. All works are to be forums pm'd to me (Ember) so I can annomusly post them for voting on.

2. All works have to be original works, and aproprate for the 18 and under age group.

3. The judging is by the players (if there is a tie or not enof votes cast ((less then one for each work)) select members of SegV will brake the tie/cast desiding votes) and we ask to keep all works annomuse so the true 'spookie storie' wins so please if you submit a work dont promot it specifly for players to vote you to win //thats cheating// but pointing out the link to the voting post is ok.

4. You will have untill UPDATED Oct 15 UPDATED to submit your work, after which they will be posted for voting till the day of the Haunted House event.

On sed day the prize ((one full plate set //iron helm//iron plate mail//iron cuisses//iron greave//steel shield// and one Serpant sword and one Rostogol Stone)) will be handed to the winner at the end of the party.

also, I'll be adding some prizes for this. how much depends on the number of entries. if there's:

•  

• less than three: nothing added

• less than a half dozen: I'll offer serp sword to 2nd place; iron axe to 3rd place

• less than a dozen: plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 2nd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 3rd; iron axe for 4-6th

• less than two dozen: mirror/MM cape for 1st(in addition to Ember's prizes, remember), full plate set for 2nd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 3rd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 4th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 5-8th; iron axe for 9-12th

• two dozen or more: mirror/MM cape and 50 diss rings added to 1st place prize; rostogol, tit long, and 3 pot extra mana for 2nd; plate set for 3rd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape for 4th; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 5th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 6-8th; iron axe & 10 dis rings for 9-12th; iron axe for 13-24th

If the winners have no use for the posted prizes, other arrangements can be made for metal, essences, jewellery, etc to similar value

additionally, 2.5K gc will be paid to authors of published books(maximum of 10)

We will ask the top 1-3 aurthors to read there storys or retell them at the even also!!

Good Luck and i am looking forward to seeing alot of good storys!!

Previews

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Emb...untedhouse1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v405/Emb...untedhouse2.jpg

Map decorations made by TirasHazor and Ember!!

Edited by Derin

I would also like to add that the winner's stories will be placed in books in other spooky areas around Seridia and Irillion. Also there is plenty of space in the libraries for entries as well.

I would also like to add that the winner's stories will be placed in books in other spooky areas around Seridia and Irillion.  Also there is plenty of space in the libraries for entries as well.

205995[/snapback]

within reason, of course :)

and those stories that get made into books are subject to the usual conditions for stories submitted, such as that storylines staff and/or admin can make changes where needed; after consultation with author, or if the author is unreachable.

if this isn't okay by you, or you simply don't want it to be made a book, please let someone know (maybe in your submission to ember, otherwise to storylines staff once it's over)

also, I'll be adding some prizes for this. how much depends on the number of entries. if there's:

• less than three: nothing added
  • less than a half dozen: I'll offer serp sword to 2nd place; iron axe to 3rd place
  • less than a dozen: plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 2nd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 3rd; iron axe for 4-6th
  • less than two dozen: mirror/MM cape for 1st(in addition to Ember's prizes, remember), full plate set for 2nd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 3rd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 4th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 5-8th; iron axe for 9-12th
  • two dozen or more: mirror/MM cape and 50 diss rings added to 1st place prize; rostogol, tit long, and 3 pot extra mana for 2nd; plate set for 3rd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape for 4th; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 5th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 6-8th; iron axe & 10 dis rings for 9-12th; iron axe for 13-24th

If the winners have no use for the posted prizes, other arrangements can be made for metal, essences, jewellery, etc to similar value

additionally, 2.5K gc will be paid to authors of published books(maximum of 10)

Ok you guys have 4 more days to send in submisions and so far we have NOT recived enof to host a contest with, IF we dont recive enof the people who submited will just split the prize i have posted with out having there storys voted on or seen unless they post them

So come on write some spookie storys (el related) 100 words isnt to hard once you get going!!!

UPDATED Oct 15 is the new 'due' date for storys UPDATED

for the end of submistions (for the few people feeling pressured or who didnt have the time on the weekend like they thought they would)

So theres enof time for people to Vote sides it might take me a day or so to read threw all the entrys to make sure there all "apropraite" aka age worthy

Ember, you could send some to me. Some to others and we can do the preview.

Ember, you could send some to me. Some to others and we can do the preview.

208637[/snapback]

Lol its ok i would enjoy taking a day to read threw them all anyways the work load doesnt bother me and it still gives ample time for people to send in storys they have had a long while now... It will also leave alot of time for others to read threw them all and vote so there will not be any last minute ties ect.

Haunted House is now avalble for down load

Click here to download the package and instrutions!!!

The part will not officaly start till after 3pm central time (us)

If anyone has any problems with the downloading please contact me as this is not *repeat* not a mod/offical el release of maps its just a modify'd map there ARE instrustions included in the package

(its a .zip file must have win zip or an other program that can handle it)

Edited by Derin

We have a winnner

SSCwinner.jpg

Any votes after this screenie was taken will NOT count!!!

Everyone who wrote a story -- Thank you very much for particpating! All the storys were realy great :confused:

Everyone who voted-- Thanks for picking a winner it was a very difficual desion with 15 great storys and alot of reading!!

The Haunted House was much fun thanks to everyone who join'd in and came!!!

I'm part way through handing out prizes. If your name is on this list, and not greyed out, contact me for a prize! (if it is greyed out, you got one already!)

I'll be looking for people regularly though... if your name on forums is not the same as ingame, let me know ASAP

if you're one of the people who uses #set_privacy on, then get in contact with me, the online players list is the only useful way to check which of a number of people are online

If you wish to donate the prize back (since I'll probably use it for other contests later anyway), please let me know

vanyel ~ mirror cape

scarab2k/rasberrybeard ~ 30k

awn ~ plate torso

sirdan ~ 6.5k

lumen ~ serp

ttlanhil ~ nothing (that way I don't have to pay taxes on it)

quinticus ~ iron axe & 25 dis ring or equiv

lemonstar ~ iron axe & 20 dis rings or equiv

bela lugosi ~ iron axe & 20 dis rings

atahn ~ iron axe & 20 dis rings

ember ~ iron axe

sistema ~ iron axe

dark_nightmare ~ iron axe

Edited by ttlanhil

What's an equivelant to an iron axe? :battleaxe: :battleaxe_rune: :axeman_rune:

What's an equivelant to an iron axe?

216196[/snapback]

something of similar chan 3 price

Where do I pick up the iron axe? And my friend Argon will be picking it up, if that's ok with you. He's gonna buy it from me, and he's gave me the gc.

EDIT: Edited for clarity

Edited by Derin

well, first off, it's better to use the 'edit' button to amend previous posts if you just wanna clarify something

Where do I pick it up? And my friend Argon will be picking it up, if that's ok with you. He's gonna buy it from me, and he's gave me the gc.

works for me. and when I catch up with whoever ingame. I saw you ingame yesterday, but you logged off before I PMed you