Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ember

Haunted House!

Haunted House Event

I will be housting a Haunted House even for halloween!!!

There will be monsters (summoned by specif personel only please dont kill there for decoration) decorations, and scary storys!!!

A modify map (all permisions ask'd and granted for changing it) will be posted prior to the day of the event along with instrutions on how to install it and how to get to the location.

Download for the hunted house is up please look to my last post!!

Which brings me to the contest part of the even!!

Contest

We will have a spookie story writing contest, no less then 100 words no more then 1000.

[edit] We have our winner for this even look HERE for the winner (click meh) [/edit]

1. All works are to be forums pm'd to me (Ember) so I can annomusly post them for voting on.

2. All works have to be original works, and aproprate for the 18 and under age group.

3. The judging is by the players (if there is a tie or not enof votes cast ((less then one for each work)) select members of SegV will brake the tie/cast desiding votes) and we ask to keep all works annomuse so the true 'spookie storie' wins so please if you submit a work dont promot it specifly for players to vote you to win //thats cheating// but pointing out the link to the voting post is ok.

4. You will have untill UPDATED Oct 15 UPDATED to submit your work, after which they will be posted for voting till the day of the Haunted House event.

On sed day the prize ((one full plate set //iron helm//iron plate mail//iron cuisses//iron greave//steel shield// and one Serpant sword and one Rostogol Stone)) will be handed to the winner at the end of the party.

also, I'll be adding some prizes for this. how much depends on the number of entries. if there's:

•  

• less than three: nothing added

• less than a half dozen: I'll offer serp sword to 2nd place; iron axe to 3rd place

• less than a dozen: plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 2nd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 3rd; iron axe for 4-6th

• less than two dozen: mirror/MM cape for 1st(in addition to Ember's prizes, remember), full plate set for 2nd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape to 3rd place; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 4th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 5-8th; iron axe for 9-12th

• two dozen or more: mirror/MM cape and 50 diss rings added to 1st place prize; rostogol, tit long, and 3 pot extra mana for 2nd; plate set for 3rd; plate torso or 2(not same) out of: cuisses, greaves, serp, mirror/MM cape for 4th; serp, greaves, or cuisses for 5th; iron axe & 25 dis rings for 6-8th; iron axe & 10 dis rings for 9-12th; iron axe for 13-24th

If the winners have no use for the posted prizes, other arrangements can be made for metal, essences, jewellery, etc to similar value

additionally, 2.5K gc will be paid to authors of published books(maximum of 10)

We will ask the top 1-3 aurthors to read there storys or retell them at the even also!!

Good Luck and i am looking forward to seeing alot of good storys!!

Previews

hauntedhouse1.jpg

hauntedhouse2.jpg

Map decorations made by TirasHazor and Ember!!

Edited by Ember

Haha. Maria is evil.

nice..err but how do we get in my brother was scouting and he got lost in the water(luckly kathuska wasnt on).well so how will we get in?

Its not located on the SegV guild map as i stated its location will be releast later!!

for those having poblems with reading i have enhances key points with flashie colors and big letters =D

It was cross posted with aprovel for more of a wide spread gather of people who dont frequint the other threads as much also fyi

I would also like to add that the winner's stories will be placed in books in other spooky areas around Seridia and Irillion.  Also there is plenty of space in the libraries for entries as well.

within reason, of course :)

and those stories that get made into books are subject to the usual conditions for stories submitted, such as that storylines staff and/or admin can make changes where needed; after consultation with author, or if the author is unreachable.

if this isn't okay by you, or you simply don't want it to be made a book, please let someone know (maybe in your submission to ember, otherwise to storylines staff once it's over)

Become a part of El history with your storys!! Rember it might not only be the winner who gets put in!!!

Just for some clarification:

Only one submission per entrant?

What if a winner cannot be at the event?

And i'm assuming that the stories must be related to the scope of Eternal Lands?

Just for some clarification:

Only one submission per entrant? 

What if a winner cannot be at the event?

And i'm assuming that the stories must be related to the scope of Eternal Lands?

Good points Quint

*One entry per person

If the winner can not be at the event //or does not show up// the prizes will be held (the one i am offering tll will have his say on the prizes he is offering) till the winner can pick them up.

And yes try to make them related to el =D

well, last big contest I had prizes for on forum was extra prizes in the story/poem contest... last prize awarded was 2 months later... :)

I'll make every reasonable effort to award prizes, however after a certain amount of time the set prizes may no longer be available, in which case prizes of similar value can be arranged ^_^

sweet!!!

next thign we know there'll be christmas, easter, thankgiving specials :)

no chinese new year special tho (not that i could see will happen)

Ok you guys have 4 more days to send in submisions and so far we have NOT recived enof to host a contest with, IF we dont recive enof the people who submited will just split the prize i have posted with out having there storys voted on or seen unless they post them

So come on write some spookie storys (el related) 100 words isnt to hard once you get going!!!

I'm helping! I've promised Ember I'm going to help promote/advertise for the story-telling contest and The_Piper, my buddy, is helping :mace:

UPDATED Oct 15 is the new 'due' date for storys UPDATED

for the end of submistions (for the few people feeling pressured or who didnt have the time on the weekend like they thought they would

i wonder if i could enter my story i did for school...

If you could make it relating to el in some way possably

Haunted House is now avalble for down load

Click here to download the package and instrutions!!!

The part will not officaly start till after 3pm central time (us)

If anyone has any problems with the downloading please contact me as this is not *repeat* not a mod/offical el release of maps its just a modify'd map there ARE instrustions included in the package

(its a .zip file must have win zip or an other program that can handle it)

Edited by Ember

download link disabled even is now over

thanks everyone for coming speacil thanks to Phenic for suppling decorations aka gargs and skellies

Hope you all had a great time