Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Macroing Hall of Shame

Jezebelle, getting hostile isn't going to help the situation. I will make a new thread for people to post in who feel they are misrepresented here and did not macro.

your method is flawed in detecting automixing. I do not know what it is still and it does not matter. I did not automix 150 plus times I did not use the client enough to do that. I think you are confusing the fact that in my case i have my quick use slot mapped to a button on my mouse so i can click mix and then click my mouse button to eat. It is NOT a modified client. I also know of a few people on the list that did not macro that do the same thing. I admitted using the illegeal client a few times because it was stable but it did not have nor did i use any macroing. If your method is so foolproof please share it with us so that we have a fair chance to defend ourselves against the accusation of cheating. I have been in the networking business and read enough logs to know that what I "THINK" a user is doing may not actually be what is happening. The plain fact that it was stated the method of both lists being compiled was flawed is proof enough that the level of proof is suspect.

Hmm, what should I say now?

I would like to say that I did not and do not use macroing or auto-mixing.

Yes, I got several alch lvls with making HEs in mm cave, as Kedan posted.

But I wasnt macroing/auto-mixing. I had to click for every single HE I made.

Alch is the EL thing that I like the most atm, and therefore I spend a lot of time in caves making essences. :cry:

Im really embarrassed and appalled to see my name in this list.

I guess you better check up and improve your detection system. :blush:

As someone wanted to know what clients the persons from the list use:

I'm using the official liunx client (not even the CVS version).

Well I really hope that things will clear out. Coz I had so much fun in EL since I have found it. ;)

But this thread makes me really sad. :fire:

Jezebelle, getting hostile isn't going to help the situation. I will make a new thread for people to post in who feel they are misrepresented here and did not macro.

205648[/snapback]

[/quote

Hostile? Im not getting hostile..i am angry about false acusations..altho now is been stated that automox is considered macroing too. So i guess i have to withdraw my demand on apologies in that matter.

Still..this whole matter should have been THOUGHT over more before creating chaos and static in the comunity.

BIG mistakes have been made..and i still dont see ANY appology on those mistakes, by anyone.

Hostile? Are you referring to the fact I am openly stating that a good part of the mods here used a client that had a macro option in it?

Thats not hostile, that simply stating that even mods dont know exactly what macroing beholds..so how would players know all about it..when even the mods, the Protectors Of The Game dont know..or use it like it is normal?

And dont worry..yes i have proof and names..no false acusations from my side :blush:

JezeBelle

Hostile? Im not getting hostile..i am angry about false acusations..altho now is been stated that automox is considered macroing too. So i guess i have to withdraw my demand on apologies in that matter.

Infact anything included in the client, without autorisation, Not just including code, But custom images, maps, you name it, is illigal.

The licence on the source code is avalible here.

The client that was put into the spot light is in breach of a few things, such as, 3 a b and c, 4 a b and c, 6 a b and c, also Restrictions 4.

And this is without even checking the connection licence provided in the offical distrobution.

Still..this whole matter should have been THOUGHT over more before creating chaos and static in the comunity.

BIG mistakes have been made..and i still dont see ANY appology on those mistakes, by anyone.

As to how it was handled, I was baned quite some time ago, for a similar thing, And did my time, Most of the people who are reciving punishments now, are aware i was made an example of. if Chos is being made an example out of, So be it =) Apologies? I really carnt see were they went wrong, Just drove the message right home to users.

Someone saying they didnt know it was a macro really has no excuse. Lets be honest, any responsible computer user, should never install software they have no clue about.

That includes make shift EL clients.

As for mods using illigal clients, a lot of the mods are part of a testing team, a group of users designed to find bugs test for them, create situations were they can be repoduced and naturally, report all changes recommendations, and such, to the correct location.

If you seriously have evidence of wrong doing, why havnt you reported it to Roja or Ent directly?

The executables themselfs can be traced back. Supply them with a copy.

I carnt see how harboring them is going to bring you any respect or luck in the long run.

Infact this has been a clear example of how those who choose to sit back and benifit, get punished also.

If a player who was not macroing, made the EF list, good luck to them, If they are being hastled, There is a handy feature called #ignore <nick>, and a really good one called #abuse for those who are being irresponsible regarding this. Being the parent of a child who participates in online gameing, Im sure you can apreciate knowing the correct steps to take in the event abuse becomes an issue. Teaching them the correct steps is probably a great way to show that you have recourse.

*/End Rant =)

Edited by Zep

Infact anything included in the client, without autorisation, Not just including code, But custom images, maps, you name it, is illigal.

The licence on the source code is avalible here.

The client that was put into the spot light is in breach of a few things, such as, 3 a b and c, 4 a b and c, 6 a b and c, also Restrictions 4.

And this is without even checking the connection licence provided in the offical distrobution.

As to how it was handled, I was baned quite some time ago, for a similar thing, And did my time, Most of the people who are reciving punishments now, are aware i was made an example of.

Someone saying they didnt know it was a macro really has no excuse. Lets be honest, any responsible computer user, should never install software they have no clue about.

That includes make shift EL clients.

As for mods using illigal clients, a lot of the mods are part of a testing team, a group of users designed to find bugs test for them, create situations were they can be repoduced and naturally, report all changes recommendations, and such, to the correct location.

If you seriously have evidence of wrong doing, why havnt you reported it to Roja or Ent directly?

The executables themselfs can be traced back. Supply them with a copy.

I carnt see how harboring them is going to bring you any respect or luck in the long run.

Infact this has been a clear example of how those who choose to sit back and benifit, get punished also.

If a player who was not macroing, made the EF list, good luck to them, If they are being hastled, There is a handy feature called #ignore <nick>, and a really good one called #abuse for those who are being irresponsible regarding this. Being the parent of a child who participates in online gameing, Im sure you can apreciate knowing the correct steps to take in the event abuse becomes an issue. Teaching them the correct steps is probably a great way to show that you have recourse.

*/End Rant =)

205665[/snapback]

Why i havent report those mods that made/use/distribute clients with macroing?

Well, i didnt think it was macroing till now. And as i stated, I want to make a point here..theres been alot of confusion about aotu-mix is macroing or not, if mods dont know, how can we expect 'normal'players to know the diff?

Second reason im coming out with this now is the hypocriticle attitude of some mods, while they KNOW they macroed themselves too, they jump on every neck they can to punish.

And I allready have been asked to send the proof to a mod, but i wont. The only one i still have faith in is Entropy, and he will be the only one I want to comunicate this with. The mod that asked me for the info, knows and appreciates my attitude.

I want to handle this very delicately, coz it may cause a stirr throughout the Lands here. I myself may not be excluded from any punishments that will follow this issue.

Mind you: cheating shouldnt never be alowed, and punished if proven guilty of it!

Ad for being a parent: as i stated before, my 2 daughters are old enough to know what is legal and what is not. Marpessa knew she was using an unauthorized client and will bare the punishments she will get. I was just outraged that on top of that, she was acused of macroing, which at that moment wasnt true imo, auto-mix and macroing tunrned out to be the same now..but not at the time of the acuse.

So..she couldnt confess she was macroing, just confess doing auto-mix.

I hope I explained things a bit.

JezeBelle

First off, Thanks for the reply, I understand your possition some more. And i can see the fustration =).

And while im not of any offical standing, Maybe i can respond and be of use? having walked down the wrong side of the street myself.

Why i havent report those mods that made/use/distribute clients with macroing?

Well, i didnt think it was macroing till now. And as i stated, I want to make a point here..theres been alot of confusion about aotu-mix is macroing or not, if mods dont know, how can we expect 'normal'players to know the diff?

As for normal players not knowing exactly what it is, thats a fair call. In some cases its not completely clear cut. Especilly for younger players, who are easilly influenced. Afterall i could say the skys green, And if you couldnt see it, how could you tell any different?.

I guess the correct course of action would have been asking a moderator who is also a developer before use. Ailsinn was kind enough to post This link in another thread. All of them are avalible on the forum. And all of them have the neccacry skills to check a client, or at the very least find someone who can.

It is possible your daughter was decived by the person who gave her the client. If that was the case, i would not be holding back there details.

Second reason im coming out with this now is the hypocriticle attitude of some mods, while they KNOW they macroed themselves too, they jump on every neck they can to punish.

I hope I explained things a bit.

JezeBelle

Clearly there is an issue there, Contact Entropy on the forums, or via his email regarding it. a moderator cheating in any way, is a very serious matter. However i wouldnt expect over night action on it. Infact continueing notice here, Might even hinder actions that could have been taken, if this was done privatly.

In any case, I would at least present all the case, privatly including all the details about how the client was aquired, chat logs, contacts how things were done, method of transfer, to Entropy or Mihaim before even considering moving onto the mod related issue, right now If i was in there shoes, id be thinking that unclean hands doesnt make a good look. The only way anything can be done is will full disclosure.

Thanks =)

-Zep

Edited by Zep

Zep,

Thnx for pointing things out so clearly here.

for one, i have been around longer then most..so i do know what actions i should take when i have concerns about players, or MODS, after all..I am a player and used to be a mod, i quit the team some time ago coz i didnt agree with some desicions. I have tried to get back on the team and am atil trying coz i think i was a good mod and can be one again. This is another issue however.

I will make the illegal client and its manufacturers and its users known to Entropy, and only to him coz he is about the only high mod i can/do trust atm. And since we are talking about mods here, its a delicate situation.

For the mods who feel acused or wronged about my post, i have only one thing to say: if you didnt do anything wrong, you dont need to worry bout anything. Those who used the client know and are hereby invited to say so. Just like the regular players of this game were told to do.

I will take the lead in this and state: I have used an altered client in the past that alowed me to use ctr-M to auto mix FE. It was the only feature that was illegal, as now is known.

As for my daughter; she is old enough to carry the consequences of her actions, she sighned the declaration for using the EF client with auto-mix in it and will be punished for it. I have never, and will never make excuses for my childrens actions here on forum or ingame, and those who know me, know that all too well!

Hugs*

JezeBelle

:hiya: A quote from Learner I believe....." Any macroing or automation is considered illegal whether you are AFK or not." Erm so wots Auto Harvesting then if it isn`t automation?? Is using an auto clicker over a make button also classed as macroing?? This is getting beyond a joke now, in any land people have the rights to a fair trial, if people are accused of Macroing, you have to provide the proof to those accused, a simple list of names, and someone saying you did it, is NOT proof. I think the least you could do, and I`m refering to those in charge, is provide proof via PMs, not all over the forums, and sort this out in private.

Guys I would like you all to know/understand somethings:

1. We're an amature team. We've never been in business before, we've never worked on/ran a game before. So we are learning as we go. And yes, we do make some mistakes, so please bare with us as we work things out.

2. We don't work at this game full time. We have real life jobs that take up most of our day..then we come home from work tired, hungry, having RL chores to do in the house and such...that leaves us even less time to work at Eternal Lands. On average we spend 2-4hrs on weekdays, 8+hours on weekends working at this game. That's not much considering how big this project has turned out. So please keep that in mind. When we post/read these forums, respond to all your complaints/emails/pm's, look for macro'ers and cheaters...that eats into our "time we spend on the game" by a LOT. At least half on average.

So, try to consider those things about us before you post.

I am going to lock this thread and a few others until we get things more settled on these issues and write up the rules regarding cheating very clear and concise for all to see, so there will be as few questions as possible.

But remember too, we're not perfect, never claimed to be, never will be, so don't expect us to do it all and more.