Eternal Lands Official Forums
mihaim

Macroing Hall of Shame

Yes, but the ones below 003 should still be named. Yes, some of them may not have done anything, but others on that list probably have! :D

205576[/snapback]

are you saying it is better to drag innocent people's names through the dirt and them suffering because of this rather than make the small risk of someone who did use it not get caught? Wow.... it seems like you are just trying to make the unfortinate few that were false-positives suffer for no reason...

I have never ever spoken for my daughters who both play EL. I have always said and thought they have their own lives here on EL, I am not their 'mum'here, so to speak.

But now i cant keep my silence..my daughter has been acused of macroing, she is Marpessa on here.

Now..I have cheched her computer thouroughly, coz i was outraged that she would macro..and even believed the ones that 'found out'over my own flesh and blood.

But..I found NOTHING, NOTHING whatsoever that indicates on macroing!!

YES, she used the EF client, she used Auto mix from it..and thats all!!

She admitted that and will be punished for it but she DID NOT macro!!

And, to be honest, it feels like an acusation to me personaly that she is acused for this.

I know now, the method used to discover macroers is not correct and makes me doubt alot of ppl i had 100% faith in up on till now.

I expect appologies, for nor Marpessa as me deserve this slander.

I cannot speak 100% for others, but i start to believe a lot of players who told me they didnt macro or even use the EF client.

I am very dissapointed.

JezeBelle

YES, she used the EF client, she used Auto mix from it..and thats all!!

She admitted that and will be punished for it but she DID NOT macro!!

205581[/snapback]

The EF Client had NO MACROS in it!!!! They are classing the automix as the macro and is why EF are being punished here.

Maybe the list from Rogue show all detectioon of ppl macroing not just using the "EF Pro" clients.

In a related note, -EF- distributed the client to Fireballs? I thought he was in UTI and UTI was making wars against -EF-. Or did i miss something?

205560[/snapback]

looks like theres not just the ef client.

following users were not on ef clients userlist.

029 Bugs

020 FirEBallS

015 poetic_justice

012 spice1

006 mort

005 Gampa

005 Eru_Illuvatar

entropy, maybe you want to ask them what client they used. and if they used ef client ask them how they bypassed the usercheck. if they cant explain correctly they used another client.

Whats the difference of macroing and using of "auto mix"? If I had to control from server side who macroes I sure would see automixing as macroing. For example to control time difference of mix-clicks and if they are always exactly same, that would seem to me that there is a macro mixing.Also if the position of click always is exactly same (though dont even know if that information goes to server), also would seem a 100% proof of macroing.

Have been a bit wondering some ef users explanations that automation is not macroing. What the heck is macroing then: making things more difficult? There has also been some poor explanation like: "I used that feature but it wasnt even easier and didnt give any advantage"...why in heck use it then if it doesnt give any advantage..as using another character..umm..to chat with somebody..:D

So maybe the automix just triggers also marcousers as it should too..

Seems that there is a need of an "non-open-source" client guard on client side..hacking guard...

i'm on that list too and i've never macroed i've never been checked on macroing this system ain't working proper. i only used the automix and was never ever afk doing it...

and if this was noticed so often with me why i never got checked at all i'm nearly top of the list won't that mean i'm top macroer ingame? and that i suppose to be mixing afk big time? you guys have never checked me out so this is very strange...

once again i'm not gonna admit i did macro because i simply haven't done this ever... during the 2 years i'm playing this game!!!

P.S.

Macro check has NOTHING to do with illegal clients check. It is completly independent system.

205442[/snapback]

I demand PROOF of thse acusations toward my daughter!!

This is PURE slander and I will NOT take this!

I want to point out the rules of Eternal Lands, I think they apply for players as well as for devs/mods:

5. Posts should be constructive in nature.

Back up your statements / claims. Do not make posts or threads that are solely intended to incite controversy, provoke anger, insult people, present misinformation, and / or concerning personal issues with other members.

21. Do not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations.

p.s. Slander is a violation of local, state, national and international laws and regulations

JezeBelle

Edited by Jezebelle

The EF Client had NO MACROS in it!!!! They are classing the automix as the macro and is why EF are being punished here.

205584[/snapback]

Automixing is considered macroing, so the EF is the macroing tool for those that were using the illegal EF client and are listed here. Any macroing or automation is considered illegal whether you are AFK or not. So, yes Djinn, using automix from the illegal EF client (or other clients) is illegal and can get you on this list.

Others that don't use EF can easily appear here by having other illegal clients or tools that automate things that they do in game.

Frak, this list has nothing to do with the EF client. Some people using EF can appear here, but other illegal clients can trigger this as well.

lol then why are members missing that used the client according to the confession thread not listed????

that confessed using the automix option!!!

Edited by Djinn

lol then why are members missing that used the client according to the confession thread not listed????

that confessed using the automix option!!!

205601[/snapback]

It's possible they didn't use automix during the short time that we were running this detector, or some may be in the < 3 section if they didn't using it much.

It's possible they didn't use automix during the short time that we were running this detector, or some may be in the < 3 section if they didn't using it much.

205603[/snapback]

so they get away with it so easily :D omg =\ only cuz they were offline in that period, they still used it? better go check again =S cuz alot of ppl arent getting punished but they still used it.. thats really unfair :)

205603[/snapback]

this is BS! I know of players with alt chars, both online and on using the client (automixing) and STILL arent on the list!!

It takes courage to admit you're wrong..and lots of players admitted it..now Im asking YOU guys to have the same courage and admit YOU were wrong in some/many cases!

JezeBelle

Automixing is considered macroing, so the EF is the macroing tool for those that were using the illegal EF client and are listed here. Any macroing or automation is considered illegal whether you are AFK or not. So, yes Djinn, using automix from the illegal EF client (or other clients) is illegal and can get you on this list.

Others that don't use EF can easily appear here by having other illegal clients or tools that automate things that they do in game.

Frak, this list has nothing to do with the EF client. Some people using EF can appear here, but other illegal clients can trigger this as well.

205600[/snapback]

Can you explain to me this;

Why is marpessa acused for using the client with automix (and accepting the punishment for it) then 1 day later ends up on a macro list, from which Rogue says:

"P.S.

Macro check has NOTHING to do with illegal clients check. It is completly independent system. "

Is this gonna mean a double punishment?

Im lost..:blush:

JezeBelle

both gampa and eru_Illuvatar have 5 and i strongly believe they did not marco.

lets looks at gampa's skills that he could have marcoed with

Manufacture: 18/18

Alchemy: 45/45

Potion: 9/9

Summoning: 1/1

Crafting: 8/8

The only one there that really shows it is alch, but i was there with him when he gain most of them levels up to 40. then takes eru_Illuvatar stats which are lower.....

Manufacture: 16/16

Alchemy: 34/34

Summoning: 6/6

Crafting: 0/0

It just doesn't seem like that would use a marco thing but have such low stats after using it

I have a question..blonde as i am:

When you have a client that had the option when you press Cntr-M it makes fe as long as you have the ingreds in your inv..is that called macroing?

JezeBelle

yes

205627[/snapback]

Thats weird..coz a client like that has been made BY and FOR at least one moderator and his/her guild..

And..it was aproved..:blush:

JezeBelle

this is BS! I know of players with alt chars, both online and on using the client (automixing) and STILL arent on the list!!

It takes courage to admit you're wrong..and lots of players admitted it..now Im asking YOU guys to have the same courage and admit YOU were wrong in some/many cases!

JezeBelle

205615[/snapback]

And we are continuing to improve the detections to catch more macro'rs. This checking is being done in such a way as to greatly reduce any chance of false hits. Other detections we are using are showing many other people, but the false hit rate is still to high to take action based on that.

Read this for details regarding automix:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18797

205636[/snapback]

thnx, that cleares up things. Still..what does this mean, regarding punishment?

Yesterday auto-mix wasnt considdered macroing, today is is..does this mean extra punishment for not admitting macroing..althi using automix was admitted??

Jez

both gampa and eru_Illuvatar have 5 and i strongly believe they did not marco.

lets looks at gampa's skills that he could have marcoed with

Manufacture: 18/18

Alchemy: 45/45

Summoning: 1/1

Crafting: 8/8

The only one there that really shows it is alch, but i was there with him when he gain most of them levels up to 40. then takes eru_Illuvatar stats which are lower.....

Manufacture: 16/16

Alchemy: 34/34

Summoning: 6/6

Crafting: 0/0

It just doesn't seem like that would use a marco thing but have such low stats after using it

205621[/snapback]

Like i said that would be good if it was <=3 or even 4-5 :blush: