Eternal Lands Official Forums
Atreyu

Good/Evil Alignment

-There should be a good/evil alignment, ranging from -1000 to +1000.

-When you fight another player, you would go -1, when you heal one, you would +1.

-Also, mods could be able to change your alignment so if they see you doing or saying anything, they could change it. :D

-When you die, if you are evil, you would go to hell.

-But if you're good, you could go to heaven.

-In hell, you need to walk far to get out. If in heaven, it should just be a teleportal.

-In hell, you could go to an altar to praise the devil and gain evil points.

-In heaven, you could do the same for good points.

-You could also be able to get special weapons at -900 to -1000 or +900 to +1000.

-The evil one would look.. evil and do all damage, no defense bonus. It could be as strong as a titanium long basically.

-The good one would be bright and shiny, and would have a higher defense bonus. About as much damage as a steel long, but +6 defense or something.

-The weapons would be free the second you reach the required level. You can only ever get one.

-If you are no longer the required alignment, you can't use it anymore, but still keep it.

-These would be NON TRADABLE, and only YOU can pick up the bag if you drop it.

(Possibly some armour and more weapons ranging at different alignment levels)

*Or, if the weapons/armour cost money or offerings to the Devil or God, that's good too, but they would be better.

*Someone could see your alignment by "looking" at you, or possibly a command like alt+something that shows everyones.

Edited by MindFreak

good idea, but lets make it something more like -100 to +100, so it's easier for people to see where they stand on the alignment meter.

Interesting and very good idea. I think something like this is slowly to be implemented (one day as usually).

On the other hand the game there are more important things to do earlier (new skill system, more items/mosnters/spells/skills), so, imho, it could wait a bit.

Maybe this is a good idea. If we were to put alginment into play, it should affect the player n some way, like certain quests will be available/not available, certain NPCs will trade/not trade with you etc.

Having evil/good weapons for being evil/good, could work to, but I don't think you should simply get them. Being evil would mean that you are able to actually use an evil weapon, and vice versa.

In general, I don't think we should put too much focus on the good/evil aspect. It is your actions, and the way that they are looked upon by others, that should "define" your potential evilness or goodness. Still, the idea isn't bad. It would just need a lot of thought.

Maybe this is a good idea. If we were to put alginment into play, it should affect the player n some way, like certain quests will be available/not available, certain NPCs will trade/not trade with you etc.

Having evil/good weapons for being evil/good, could work to, but I don't think you should simply get them. Being evil would mean that you are able to actually use an evil weapon, and vice versa.

In general, I don't think we should put too much focus on the good/evil aspect. It is your actions, and the way that they are looked upon by others, that should "define" your potential evilness or goodness. Still, the idea isn't bad. It would just need a lot of thought.

205542[/snapback]

Uhhmm, doesn't that make classes????

"Classes" are more like professions - I think this is more in are you a good person or an evil one.

This is something I've said before that we need - actually makes some meaning to playing darker characters.

Uhhmm, doesn't that make classes????

205563[/snapback]

No, classes have nothing to do with alginment.

Examples of classes would be:

Fighter

Priest

Wizard

etc.

Eternal Lands do not have classes as such.

The game is currently good as is in letting us all free to choose our own morality.

I'm not keen on an formalized alignment system. Especially if it's based on only two actions. For example, if you kill a bogus that attacked you, whereas it would be genuine self-defense, it would be deemed "evil" by such a system. If you heal an "aggressor" on a PK map, it would be considered "good", whereas the guy you heal is killing others, benefiting from your help...

I'm definitely not convinced : I've never seen a consistent and coherent alignment system on any game.

And this idea collides with the current God system in EL. We dont have a Satan sitting in Hell you can praise (except Shivar will get a name change to his old account :D ), we dont even have a hell, but 6 gods you can follow.

The idea itself sounds interesting, maybe we can make it fit to EL.

Piper

It wouldn't be satan, it'd be an altar.. a statue, maybe even just a rock with candles around it in hell..

Imagine trying to design God.. O.O

It wouldn't be satan, it'd be an altar.. a statue, maybe even just a rock with candles around it in hell..

Imagine trying to design God.. O.O

205752[/snapback]

Heretic !

You can't design Entropy. Entropy designs Eternal Lands.

(I'm sooooo away !)

No offense to Mindfreak, but I don't personally like the idea. If it was implemented, I agree it would have to be alot more complex than -1 for attacking a player, +1 for healing -- this is both too simplistic and too easy to exploit.

I personally like the idea. But I have to agree with what was said above about gods.

On one hand, I would think that alignment as to what is good or evil would depend rather heavily on what god a player is aligned to, however, unless you want to create a "limbo", the concept gets rather confusing as to what to do with godless players, such as myself.

I had a brief look into the gods on *O* guild's site. From what I saw on the gods, a character aligned with Glilin, the manufacturing god would get a -1 alignment every time they do something in favour of the summoning god Selain.

Sooooo... how would you apply those same guidelines to a godless character?

Just my $0.02AU.

Edited by CodeWarrior

Just a brief comment:

The gods

In EL there are 9 major gods, and a number of lesser god. You can serve more than one god. So linking alignment to the gods is not a very good idea.

I am very uncertain if this whole alignment thing will fit the EL environment.

um dosen't this slide along karma

Alignment can be darn useful and fun. Spells could be devised to counteract eachother in alignments, names above heads could change color according to the alignment of that individual. A TON of things could be done with it. I just do not think it fits into EL quite right. If we did some work on the Gods system we could implement it, IE: Removing binding yourself to gods of different alignments (Yes they have alignments) And/Or Having serving your God be more key in alignment, Such as your rank with that god could be changed due to your alignment. This above system would be crazy.

Or, option two: Have an alignment switch in character creation and your character is forever bound to that alignment, Static, not dynamic. IE:

Shivar = Evil

Ember = Good

Radu = Evil

Roja = Good

Brom = Good

Placid = Neutral

Kit = Neutral

Heh, I just took a stab at some. :) (do not smite me for my guess on who you would be :P)

-In hell, you could go to an altar to praise the devil and gain evil points.

-In heaven, you could do the same for good points.

Praise the devil for good points?! :P

and yes that is a joke...

There cant be a heaven , because there is no hell. All it is is the underworld. Also there is no "devil", maybe he means mortos...

Edited by sparhawk