Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragonlord

Packet overrun

About every 4 or so minutes i get a message in red that says:

"Packet overrun...data lost!

Disconnected from server!"

NOTE: i know aislinn told me once but i forgot what she said cause then it closed ;)

Ok two choices:

You can temporarily fix it by:

--click on your tools icon (last one on the right)

--click on the "misc" tab

--disable the "global filter" box

--turn on the "save INI" box

--relog

Or you can permanently fix it by going to this link and downloading the client patch and the .dll file that goes with it.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18140

Make sure on this second choice you do BOTH downloads.

Try either of these and let us know how it turns out.

that happened to me awhile ago and it still does...just not as often. and the reason why it was happening is because my interent router is messed up. so like every time it starts to happen frequently i have to restart it.

just my 2 cents.

-kat

that happened to me awhile ago and it still does...just not as often. and the reason why it was happening is because my interent router is messed up. so like every time it starts to happen frequently i have to restart it.

just my 2 cents.

-kat

205348[/snapback]

Yea after it happens alot i jsut reboot the computer then it stops for a while and then starts up again....weird... :)

just my 2 cents.

-kat

205348[/snapback]

Hmmm have you checked the connection where the cable plugs into the router? Is it possibly too loose and the plug is wobbling around making the connection short out? I have that problem and i wrapped a little bit of masking tape around the plug part (sliding it under that little part that pops up to make it "click" when it goes in. Just a bit, enough to make it fit more snug. Make sure you check both cables too.

Turning off norton firewall fixes all my problems.

205378[/snapback]

Turning off the Norton firewall solve an another problem but is not related to the "packet overrun" problem.

It's better to disable the checking ot the gameserveradres in Norton than disabling all your firewall.

I deactivate Norton for 5 minutes to enter the game.

Once I'm logged on it works fine with the Norton active !

The problem cause by Norton and packet overruns are two different issues. There isn't much we can do about Norton, other then to tell people to give the server approval and not check that data. People with packet overruns either need to disable the global filters in their EL.ini file and restart (just disabling it in game does nothing), or try the test client that Entropy posted about here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18140

The problem cause by Norton and packet overruns are two different issues. There isn't much we can do about Norton, other then to tell people to give the server approval and not check that data. People with packet overruns either need to disable the global filters in their EL.ini file and restart (just disabling it in game does nothing), or try the test client that Entropy posted about here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18140

205602[/snapback]

I have Mcafee, do you think it has something to do with it?

I have Mcafee,  do you think it has something to do with it?

205662[/snapback]

No not really, see Learner's post.

People with packet overruns either need to disable the global filters in their EL.ini file and restart (just disabling it in game does nothing), or try the test client that Entropy posted about here http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=18140

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this