Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TheDoctor

bad death messages

EgoMatrix was liberated the american way

EgoMatrix is completely healthy. - Iraqi information minister

205121[/snapback]

these messages r like politaclly incorrect and people are offended by them i think i saw on comments somewhere this game has bad death messages thar r offensive so you should remove them

Omg, please, tell me it's not truth!!11~ I can't play this game now!

Seriously, you should read first the topic it was mention in to know the context.

Do you have other suggestions for death messages? I do not like the second one. I think the first one is funny really.

I like, "MindFreak has become better at dying." and, "Mindfreak was PWN3DZ0RZ!!!!@#?!??!!!!!!one!!111one1!"

Or whatever.. ;)

personally, I don't really like either of them. possible humour/offence aside, they're a couple of the worse off messages for being out of character of the game

but... *shrug* I don't die often, and I'm not often around other people who do either... so it's a minor issue to me

Well the game was originally made with unexpected little quirks that are out of character...ent has a good sense of humor, and I find it amusing to come across these little tidbits. And the first I find not so much funny but sarcastic, and the second I find funny. And yes, I'm from the USA.

All that aside, we had this discussion (the search function is your friend) already here. It appears that the end result was that some things were removed, and some left alone. I think for every one person who didn't like them, another 20 did. At least.

Umm..don't die you won't see the messages? lol

Seriously, like Aisy said, Ent has a good sense of humor, and I think they are funny, you never know which one will pop up.

Hmmm..how do you know we won't quit if you remove them??

That's it..touch the death messages we all quit!! <end sarcasim>

I like the messages, sorta like a comic relief in all the stress :)

BUT, Bagdad Bob (iraqi info minister) is geting rather obsolete. So maybe he should go.

On Sep 10, 2005 Tilden wrote:

Frustrating tutorial, over-severe death penalty in losing all your items, and to top off, anti-American messages when you die ("so-and-so was liberated the american way"), and Islamic decorations on the buildings don't bode well for this game. I'm rather tired of people preaching their comic-book inspired views of anti-Americanism to me in games. It's a F***ing game, not a soapbox!

taken from http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/setView/hype/gameID/73

I agree, they ought to be removed.

Am i dreaming ? :blush:

Hey ! it's a game ! the creator of it has his own opinions/sense of humor/etc. if you don't like, don't come, nobody ever forced you to join. ;)

Do i boycott american films where frenchies are the baddies ?

errrrr... no, i keep in mind that it's only a movie, even if it happens more and more often. not a big deal. I don't care. they'll get bored from this before me. ^_^

If these death messages are removed, why not erase snakes as well ?

i'm affraid of snakes, it's impossible for me to play el knowing i may see one ! :cry:

Edited by cayuga

im from iraqi and its racism!

205634[/snapback]

It isn't racism.

It's a joke based on facts that the Iraqi Information Ministry during the war was missrepresenting what was happening and how things were going to the point of losing any truth about what they were saying.

It isn't racism.

It's a joke based on facts that the Iraqi Information Ministry during the war was missrepresenting what was happening and how things were going to the point of losing any truth about what they were saying.

205637[/snapback]

i dont find that funny...

i dont find that funny...

205640[/snapback]

Jokes aren't funny to all people. I don't find the 'liberted the american way' one funny myself.

It isn't. And really there is no reason at all to leave it in. Can anyone give me a good reason to leave it in besides "ITS FUNNY!!!!!" or "I LIKE IT"

Edited by TheDoctor

It isn't. And really there is no reason at all to leave it in. Can anyone give me a good reason to leave it in besides "ITS FUNNY!!!!!" or "I LIKE IT"

205690[/snapback]

Yep.

It's entropy's game and HE likes it.