Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
sparhawk

Beam me up scotty

*shudders* if that's the way teleporting is supposed to work, then Ill WALK, thank you very much. The way it works is basically just an extremely advanced, fax machine. It's really just making a copy of you, then getting rid of the original. I dont think i want to comprimise my originality just to get to work or school a few minutes earlier.

If you dont believe me that that is how it works, here is a quote from the article:

To teleport a rabbit, for example, you would scan it, determining the exact position of every one of its atoms. Your data would then be sent to a receptor point, where a companion machine would use them as blueprints to build an exact replica of your bunny.

Roren that's exactly what I said about time travel in the other thread. :)

They kill you, make a copy and send it like a fax.

Read the book Timeline by Michael Crichton (brilliant author) it explains alot of this.

What he says though is that compounding us would kill us. The "fax" recieved at the other side isn't the same person, just a copy.

The book "Sphere" by Michael Crichton talks about time travel through black holes for about a chapter. Read that book too. It's really good, action packed, just that one chapter is educational. :)

195520[/snapback]

any idea where i can get eiter of those?

Read a book called "How to Make a Time Machine". It's a cool book, concerning time travel, gravity, centrificul force, etc. It also tells how to make a time-traveling worm-hole.