Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tidus

EF Client - Explained

behind the light house hmm, smooms ? lol

Edited by Shivar

I've never used anything illegal in PKing , I like the PKing how it is i do not need anything automatic or else the fight will be unfair right?

BTW yea my textures PWNZ!!! :D

you are all missing the point, the client gives you an UNFAIR advantage not given to everyone else that play by the rules. it does not matter how you used the client it matters that you did. if the changes where submitted properly, aproved and thefore LEGAL you would not have an advantage over everyone else.

Many talk about it being 'fair' to use some of the features but when it is restricted to only you, everyone else cannot use those features it is not fair for the thousands of other legitimate players that obey the rules and use legal clients (ether CVS or officially compiled binaries).

What amazes me is that you idiots that are getting your 100th chance have the nerve to ARGUE or COMPLAIN about this...

Like it or lump it. Consider yourselves lucky you weren't banned outright.

What amazes me is that you idiots that are getting your 100th chance have the nerve to ARGUE or COMPLAIN about this...

Like it or lump it. Consider yourselves lucky you weren't banned outright.

205157[/snapback]

If this is what happens when you find one illegal client, wait till you find 2-3 more from others ;)

If this is what happens when you find one illegal client, wait till you find 2-3 more from others  ;)

205159[/snapback]

We have, we just haven't gotten rid of the false alerts in the detector. so more development time is needed there still.

We have, we just haven't gotten rid of the false alerts in the detector. so more development time is needed there still.

205161[/snapback]

Give it a week or two, and people will complain "omfg no new features" <_<

i still have the userlist. i just disabled the usercheck so no1 can use the ef client nemore (unless s/he knows how the usercheck works and can bypass it). i also posted the list of names that were in entropys logs but not in ef clients userlist in the other thread (most likely false positives).

i dont want to explain how the usercheck works as that would make the ef client usable for many more ppl. but i can say that it is effective, no matter what server you log on to. I also dont want to show the userlist unless theres a good reason for it, other than to punish those on it or put them under surveillance.

Wasn't any illegal version of this client BEFORE the UPDATE?

Maybe the analysys of stats of these players compared with other players (i personally don't think those players were the only active meanwhile) will give an answer. If their stats raised too fast there are many chances for this illegal client to have been implemented before.

It is hard to believe that someone started programming the client from a scratch after the update.

I mean there were other people that programed bots/clients in game. People were speaking about other clients. But many of those people weren't able to program their bots and clients to match the changes of the update. And they had a base. This is hard to believe that someone programed this client out of the blue and added so many functions that didn't existed before.

Sorry, but this is what i think and I just wonder if i'm the only one that believes that.

Weren't the rules broken even before the update (till the no use modified client mod msg appeared regularely in game)?

Edited by Damned_Angel

Wasn't any illegal version of this client BEFORE the UPDATE?

Sorry, but this is what i think and I just wonder if i'm the only one that believes that.

Weren't the rules broken even before the update (till the no use modified client mod msg appeared regularely in game)?

205236[/snapback]

you probably the only 1 wasting time with thinking about this. ofcourse the illegal client was there before the update.

There was old TC client which was illegal, then was made normal full legal client.

205239[/snapback]

I've tried to stay clear of this and related topics, but the TC client was only illegal in the short time it took me to release a version, be told "such and such a feature is illegal" by someone up high, remove/alter the part and then issue an update.

The TC client was never intended to be an illegal client, only a testbed for the (then) current CVS to locate bugs on a mass audience.

I used it for prototyping the magic quickbar, the bagspam code, and other minor features I was doing for inclusion in the full client. I certainly didn't intend it to be used in any illegal way.

The current discussion is solely about the EF client, the one with the really cool modded artwork, let's keep it that way please.

Maybe the analysys of stats of these players compared with other players (i personally don't think those players were the only active meanwhile) will give an answer. If their stats raised too fast there are many chances for this illegal client to have been implemented before.

i'm wondering if you have even read what is written before...

the automix option is way SLOWER to get levels then clicking full time because it contains a delay. imagion if we all clicked each and everytime (wich most of EF did) we would have been higher in our stats for sure!!!

I've tried to stay clear of this and related topics, but the TC client was only illegal in the short time it took me to release a version, be told "such and such a feature is illegal" by someone up high, remove/alter the part and then issue an update.

The TC client was never intended to be an illegal client, only a testbed for the (then) current CVS to locate bugs on a mass audience.

I used it for prototyping the magic quickbar, the bagspam code, and other minor features I was doing for inclusion in the full client.  I certainly didn't intend it to be used in any illegal way.

The current discussion is solely about the EF client, the one with the really cool modded artwork, let's keep it that way please.

205255[/snapback]

That's what i meant.

I would love to watch a movie while my client would have did the alch manu autofighting myself instead of breaking my finger clicking millions of time to reach alch 70 in 7 months. But i knew is against the rules and i didn;t auto-anything.

You think is fair?

Edited by Damned_Angel

Damned_Angel Posted Today, 02:19 PM

I would love to watch a movie while my client would have did the alch manu autofighting myself instead of breaking my finger clicking millions of time to reach alch 70 in 7 months. But i knew is against the rules and i didn;t auto-anything.

You think is fair?

ermm client didn't have auto fighting at all. and using automix you could only make like 30 helmets... so if you would go afk watching your movie you end up doing 30 helmets in 2 hours time (considering that movie is 2 hours)

nice exp for 2 hours lol

I think there's a point some people keep overlooking in their argument over whether they actually got that bonus from using the automixer - this is what I'm getting from this:

Without automixer, you actually have to stay and click, which guarantees you not going AFK while manufacturing - meaning if I wanted to walk away and get a drink or something, I lose time I could be leveling! The only advantage is that they claim it's faster.

With the automixer, (besides the fact it's ILLEGAL MACROING - violating the rules you had to agree to before you could even play) you supposedly make things slower. However, you just get food, material, and start making - since you don't have to keep clicking each and every time, you can go get that drink, fix dinner, watch a movie, and you never have to miss a minute of potential experience! Your only limitations are on the number of slots you have if you make nonstackables, or on your EMU for holding ingredients/finished products on stackables.

Hmm, very fair - seems even for a small amount of time, your "slower" method can recover manufacturing time lost to AFKing. The existence of this is inherently unfair to those of us who have leveled fairly for every single bit of our levels.

I'll stick to the legal methods, thank you.