Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tidus

EF Client - Explained

Right, mihaim has already posted an explanation to the EF client, but his is incomplete and to be honest, it sucked. Also, it will be better and more truthfull coming from the people that have had the time to use it. Of course i cannot give screenshots of it from myself, since i cannot log onto them anymore. I shall use the screenshots from mihaim in the other topic though. I will only go into detail on the parts that are illegal.

Firstly - There are 2 versions of the EF client, the XELC Light, and the XELC. The XELC Light being the legal version, and the XELC being the illegal version. The XELC version was in time, split into 2 versions, XELC1.e and XELC1.f.

Each client had the EF textures which to most people, looked better than the original textures.

login.jpg

kf.jpg

Second screenshot was an old one with textures on :(

On both XELC clients there was an automixer, this would work by selecting items in the manufacture bar and clicking mix, as long as you have the ingrediants in your inventory it will continue to mix, and eat during this. The mix was slower than making by continious clicks, but it enabled you to reset your fingers and give you the chance to chat in game. Doing anything else in game e.g. moving, taking things from storage or moving something in your inventory will cause it to stop. Occasionally the automixer will also automatically stop, so going afk while mixing would make you even slower to make what you want.

automix.jpg

Repeat button: The repeat function at the bottom of the NPC windows allowed you to repeat the last thing you did with the NPC, like spending 1 pp on coordination, you click repeat and it will spend another on coordination. The repeat button on the storage NPC does not work since the storage was updated. Rogue saying in the other post about using it to repeat deposit/withdrawl from storage, that is bull, even if you wanted to withdraw 200 FE instead of 100, you just need to change the quantity in your inventory.

auto_storage.jpg

End button: The end button was made to attack the closest animal/monster to you, this does not walk for you, if the monster or animal is too far away, you will have to walk to it yourself. It was ony implemented to help fight little animals and monsters such as rabbits, snakes and fluffy rabbits.

Battle menu: The battle menu was only on the later release of the XELC (XELC1.f). This gave you a button to cast restore, harm and drink a potion, pretty much the quickbar in a new bar. It also had a button to use a teleport ring in your inventory, use a disengage ring and a use damage ring button At the bottom it did have an auto heal and auto drink potion lvl set. This is the main reason users of the EF client decided against using the XELC1.f, because it was TOO illegal. This is how the third EF client version was made, one with only the automix, and one with automix and auto heal.

autoheal_war_menu.jpg

Tab: The tab button did have bags on map and players on map, The players on map showed only the players in sight of you and the bags on map was mainly buggy, showing tons of bags on map, when there is none (pretty much useless to find bags..).

Edited by Tidus

Most of this stuff should be implemented anyways. Just my personal opinion.

204758[/snapback]

Some were decided not to implement but allowed in extra clients, like the the Att/Def exp and uber zoom.

Others are considered illegal cheating and will not go in, such as automix, autoheal, END (attack closest target), the entire combat menu, and showing bags on TAB maps.

but allowed in extra clients, like the the Att/Def exp and uber zoom.

I'm interested in the so-called uber zoom what does this do?

looks quite good :hug:

Others are considered illegal cheating and will not go in, such as automix, ...

Why (serious, non-confrontational question)?

If everyone has it then it's not cheating. And as others have pointed out, it doesn't really speed things up any, it just saves a lot of R.M.I. stress on your clicking-finger.

Putting your food in slot 1 (so you can use ctrl-1 to eat) helps in that you don't have to move the mouse around. But it's still a lot of mix,mix,eat,mix,mix,eat that really doesn't allow for chatting or anything else interesting in the game to happen. And since the higher levels of all the non-fighting skills require making a lot of stuff, mixing becomes one of the primary activities in the game.

Harvesting has been "fixed" so that 1-click harvests (unless a good/bad event happens to stop it). Fighting is 1-click (you don't have to click once for each hit) until you kill/flee/die. It would seem to be consistent that once you're all loaded up with the needed items, a 1-click would auto-mix/eat until you run out of something or are overloaded.

What am I missing?

Why (serious, non-confrontational question)?

If everyone has it then it's not cheating.  And as others have pointed out, it doesn't really speed things up any, it just saves a lot of R.M.I. stress on your clicking-finger.

Putting your food in slot 1 (so you can use ctrl-1 to eat) helps in that you don't have to move the mouse around.  But it's still a lot of mix,mix,eat,mix,mix,eat that really doesn't allow for chatting or anything else interesting in the game to happen.  And since the higher levels of all the non-fighting skills require making a lot of stuff, mixing becomes one of the primary activities in the game.

Harvesting has been "fixed" so that 1-click harvests (unless a good/bad event happens to stop it).  Fighting is 1-click (you don't have to click once for each hit) until you kill/flee/die.  It would seem to be consistent that once you're all loaded up with the needed items, a 1-click would auto-mix/eat until you run out of something or are overloaded.

What am I missing?

204787[/snapback]

Automix, etc is cheating because they can start mixing and come back an or more hour later and they have made more then one thing. It does not require them to be there playing the game. When combined with illegal macroing to use storage, it gets even worse becaue they could run all night very easily!

yes it does. even if you would go away, it doesnt get more ingredient from storage, so it can only make a few items for you. I used it a bit for potions, since they dont stack you can make like 30 pots at most, then you would have to get new ingreds. I am not saying it was legal what i did, because others had to click all the time, but making it in an official client wouldnt seem so bad to me.

----

edit:

Just to clear things up: the client did NOT access the storage or whatever at any time

Edited by Nidan

If everyone has it then it's not cheating.

Classic! bandwagon! Do you honestly think the above statement is true?

204792[/snapback]

If you think it's not, i will acuse you off macroing! You were harvesting with just 1 click! Oo

If something gets implemented in the official client, how would it be cheating?

Automix, etc is cheating because they can start mixing and come back an or more hour later and they have made more then one thing. It does not require them to be there playing the game. When combined with illegal macroing to use storage, it gets even worse becaue they could run all night very easily!

204789[/snapback]

Even if you were making FE with the mixer, you could only make the amount you have the ingrediants for IN YOUR INVENTORY. It CANNOT do anything else. With the fact it occasionally stops, going afk for even 1 min would put you at a loss...

If you think it's not, i will acuse you off macroing! You were harvesting with just 1 click! Oo

If something gets implemented in the official client, how would it be cheating?

204799[/snapback]

Yes, when i was starting EL i had to click sooo manyyy times to harvest some stuff, for an expamle ingredients for 10k fe.... Can You imagine people (i'm talking now to people that started to play after auto-harvest was implemented) i had to click over 30k times to harvest sulfur and flowers (fails in harvest, hehe old players remember that for sure) and then 10k click to mix it all and also some clicks to harvest food...

Any questions?

My mouse got fuked coz of it, and not only mine i'm sure...

Many people were using auto-clickers, but it was dangerous, You could click a bear by mistake and die..

All people appreciated fact that in one of updates there was implemented auto-harvest.

And there was solved problem of AFK-harvesters -> mother nature etc (You all know what i mean).

I think that one day devs will implement auto-mixing.... and also will be find out effective method against AFK-mixers. Auto-mixing is the same as Auto-harvesting.

What do You think about it people of EL ?

:hug:

Edited by NitageR

Automix, etc is cheating because they can start mixing and come back an or more hour later and they have made more then one thing.

You'd have to have one mega-large EMU to hold enough stuff to mix for an hour or more. I can hold enough stuff to make 150 FEs, which is (I think) about 3-4 minutes of mixing. Then I need to store things and re-load up. For things like metal bars, it's even less (like 20 bars or so, although the bars take longer to mix than an FE) before I have to store the bars and get more ingredients.

You're right, it does allow you to walk away for a few minutes. But my guess is that the time away would typically be less than the time you can be away durinig a harvest. And if it still seems like a problem, you could have events (like mix failed, stuff lost) end the auto-mix just like events end a harvest.

I do agree that the risk is higher when combined with some sort of a macro that takes care of storing stuff and re-loading. I don't know how easy it is to create such a macro (outside of an illegal client) so I don't know how real that threat is. Is there a big problem with people using macros with harvesting to do more than one load AFK?

Of course I do. If the developers put it in the game, and everyone has it, then it's not cheating. A "feature" is only cheating if some people have it and other's don't. But if it's added to a legal client, I can't see any possible way it could still be considered cheating. :hug:

Edited by bkc56

Of course I do.  If the developers put it in the game, and everyone has it, then it's not cheating.  A "feature" is only cheating if some people have it and other's don't.  But if it's added to a legal client, I can't see any possible way it could still be considered cheating.  :confused:

204812[/snapback]

:omg: if you really believe in what you think it's pathetic!

So... if in one city everybody are murderers it's legal. If all, but one are thieves the one who is not is breaking law?

You should read some books, starting with Orwell.

Following your thinking why not to legalise murderers, stealing, all drugs, etc. etc. - we would have world without crime! Yes, let's do it. The we will live in real paradise, no one will complain (if one does just kill him - it's legal).

Man, think twice, or even more before posting something like this.

so from that we should put everything that everyone wants in game, there should be an option for the play to play hmsefl for weeks straght just so it wont be cheating?

:confused: if you really believe in what you think it's pathetic!

So... if in one city everybody are murderers it's legal. If all, but one are thieves the one who is not is breaking law?

You should read some books, starting with Orwell.

Following your thinking why not to legalise murderers, stealing, all drugs, etc. etc. - we would have world without crime! Yes, let's do it. The we will live in real paradise, no one will complain (if one does just kill him - it's legal).

Man, think twice, or even more before posting something like this.

204817[/snapback]

just making something legal, doesn't say it is a good idea to do so.

If murder is from now on legal, i would do nothing illegal if i killed someone. A good idea? NO!

This is different however, like Nitager said, we used to get 1 item per harvest click, now its automated. Is it now legal? yes! Is it a good idea? yes, that too!

As far as i can see, automixing might be a good idea too, and if its made in the officiall client it is legal too.

Of course I do.  If the developers put it in the game, and everyone has it, then it's not cheating.  A "feature" is only cheating if some people have it and other's don't.  But if it's added to a legal client, I can't see any possible way it could still be considered cheating.  :confused:

204812[/snapback]

And currently it is specifically listed as cheating, so even if everyone else is doing it, it is still illegal and be prepared to suffer consequences if we catch you or a friend of yours turns you in!

People also complain that development seems to go so slow. People also need to realized that having to police cheaters takes a lot of the dev's time! Specially of the few server devs!

yeah maybe nidan, but its not legal, the mods never accepted the clent that had it, and you guys used it, so there for braking the rules.

If you wanted to use it you should have sent the code to the right people and hoped they liked it, or said you could use it, but that didn't happen

yeah maybe nidan, but its not legal, the mods never accepted the clent that had it, and you guys used it, so there for braking the rules.

If you wanted to use it you should have sent the code to the right people and hoped they liked it, or said you could use it, but that didn't happen

204834[/snapback]

And that, Kedan, is why i said:

i agree. That is why i am not saying what i did was legal.

To clarify: What i did was not legal, in fact, it was illegal. :confused:

People also complain that development seems to go so slow. People also need to realized that having to police cheaters takes a lot of the dev's time! Specially of the few server devs!

204830[/snapback]

Seriously...Thank all your good macro friends that instead of adding new things to the game, the devs have to work to combat cheaters...Nice, eh? Plus we're going easy on those cheaters, and then we get flammers on top of that where we have to waste even more of our time deleting their inconsiderate rude posts!

Grow up guys..we should rename ourselves Eternal Lands Babysitting service. What's sad is adults are in that category as well :glare:

And about the, "well if everyone uses it, add it!" comments.....we're not stupid. We know what players want because of their suggestions posts. And above all we know what can/cannot be done with the game to make it the best it can be. We're working really hard to make things happen, and they will in time. Please don't post more about it all you're doing is wasting time.

funny to read all these reply's

like i said before on a other thread. autoharvester was illegal before and look now it got implemented and they added events to stop afk harvesting. now we have the same situation with a automixing.

let's point out some positive effects and negative effects wich it will have when it gets implemented...

(this is in my view ofcourse feel free to add things)

positive effect:

1. EL will get rid of clicking 100.000.000 times a week!

2. more time to spent on chatting and learning new people know!

3. it will still be a game for people like barnak and me with cts to play i'm positive there are more people around having this. and developers don't have to rewrite the game to make it more playable for people like us. (what roja claimed workin on)

negative effects:

1. like learner said making macroing more easy???

2. it makes leveling up your stats slower because of delay time!

this is what i can come up with for now and men what's so bad about this please add more points if you feel like something is missing.

having and using the client was illegal for sure. but we definetly didn't take any advantage out of it and i really really don't see any reason why not make this game better by making this game more playable.

would i need to use a client if our official client would have a bigger zoom, a automixer (wich safes you from klicking 100.000 times a day). no i wouldn't because EL would be very good playable!!!

i think the reason there are clients made is simply because people don't feel the game good to play and can still be improved. i think developers should try to take these function in considering and learn from players that play this game for the love instead of having there own view and not willing to adjust it.

this is the same situation as the autoharvester before like mentioned. i strongly advice to think over this automixing option and think of some events like in autoharvester and problems will be solved.

i think i made my point clear here i hope you guys can do something with it:P

Wow, you guys really need to calm down and get a grip... :omg:

I'm talking about a feature in a game. I'm not talking about kiling people. or using drugs, or jumping off bridges ("if all your friends jump off a bridge, would you too?") and pulling wild stuff like that into the discussion really doesn't help any. You know, reading things in context would really help you all keep your blood pressure down.

And Learner, it's illegal because you say it's illegal. If you add it to the game then it's not illegal. I am not saying that everyone doing it makes it legal. I'm saying that if you add it to the game so that everyone can do it then that makes it legal. So please don't get all over my case because I'm (trying) to discuss a feature that's been talked about before.

I realize the events of the last few days has put everyone in a foul mood and on edge, but please, don't go reading things into people's posts that they didn't write, imply, or intend.

I shall now, keeping my hands in plain sight, slowely back away from the keyboard. Please don't shoot. :confused: