Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

Guest isla

I still completely maintain that I have never used this illegal client and am being unjustly accused. I do not know how names end up in those logs but my name is there by mistake.

I only wish i could have seen all that neat stuff that the illegal client was supposed to have if i am to be punished unjustly for having supposedly used it. I am beginning to believe that this is a case of guilt by association.

I am very hurt by the accusation and by having my name placed on that public list. I have only tried to be just and kind to everyone I meet in the el community and to be treated this way is very painful to me.

As for the community service, if I had done the crime i would do the time but I really don't think it is fair since i didn't commit any crime.

Frak admitted he doesn't even know who I am so how did I end up on his approved users list? Through no doing of my own. Ask him.

BTW, I modified the first post to specify that there are some false positive alarms.

205032[/snapback]

I thank you.

Again I apologize. After what seems like very little thought, I began to understand that you (the powers that be) have to put up with a lot of crap. It pains me that I have added to that for you, especially when a kinder, more diplomatic way was available.

:icon13:

OK...I will try to post a nice, decent message...

I would be very grateful if You took my nickname (and the rest who happened to be there coincidentally) out of the Hall of Shame... For the whole day people kept asking me questions, making accusations, joking (they thought that was joking, for me it was much...) by calling me a cheater... Most of them know it's not true, but still the fact is that my nick is among some of the macroers and other people braking rules...

It would be nice if our good names were returned...

Regards,

Creedka.

205033[/snapback]

I edited my first post, I hope this is enough.

I still completely maintain that I have never used this illegal client and am being unjustly accused.  I do not know how names end up in those logs but my name is there by mistake.

I only wish i could have seen all that neat stuff that the illegal client was supposed to have if i am to be punished unjustly for having supposedly used it.  I am beginning to believe that this is a case of guilt by association.

I am very hurt by the accusation and by having my name placed on that public list.  I have only tried to be just and kind to everyone I meet in the el community and to be treated this way is very painful to me.

As for the community service, if I had done the crime i would do the time but I really don't think it is fair since i didn't commit any crime.

Frak admitted he doesn't even know who I am so how did I end up on his approved users list?  Through no doing of my own.  Ask him.

205035[/snapback]

So we have 3 things:

1. Several entries in the log that celarly show a pattern

2. You admited trying to install the client

3. One of your friends added you to the list so that you can use the client.

Sorry, but it is very hard for me, or any other mod to believe that.

Can I get an exception on this, for the fact that I don't even know what an EF client is?

I've always used the official linux client downloaded from your site.

Sat Oct 1 09:43:55 2005 !!![llsardonicll] EF client

so u r saying that evry -EF- player used the 'pro' version of -ef- client with macro etc ?

204472[/snapback]

sorry was just reading this post and even tho it was like 8 pages ago i just wanted to say I havent and will never use the EF client just so people dont come to the point of just banning all EF or something crazy o.O

Can I get an exception on this, for the fact that I don't even know what an EF client is?

I've always used the official linux client downloaded from your site.

Sat Oct  1 09:43:55 2005 !!![llsardonicll] EF client

205070[/snapback]

If your name is there once, it's ok (see #8 in the original thread).

I know that most things have been covered in this discussion already and I believe that some kind of calm is approaching over this matter. I would like to say though that everyone who is guilty had more than enough fair warning with public and forum noticfication. I would like to point out that those who so care about their own stats obviously did not care enough about the game, the community, or the time and effort of those who provide us this game for free to even stop using their illegal clients long enough for the devs to stabilize the upgrade. That is so gross an affront to everyone who does not cheat and everyone who gives their time and effort to make the game these people evidently like to play so much that they do indeed deserve any punishment the devs feel is appropriate to meet out for their actions. It is VERY clear that the devs are doing their best to make sure that the innocent are not being punished along with the guilty. Anyone who feels affronted by being in the list of cheaters should not be screaming at the devs because the reason for the lists existence is not the devs but the actual guilty parties on the list. If you want to be mad at someone be mad at them and give the devs the time they need to correct any errors and make any apologies that are necessary. The devs did not cause this problem and should not be flamed or attacked for the results of it. As the apologies above mentioned there is a better way to get help than flaming if you feel you have been wronged. It is my great hope that we will not see another flame because of this issue. I hope that the understanding going forward that cheaters will be caught is going to force those who want to change the game to suit themselves will be forced to go through the proper channels and that we will all be a stronger community for it. I have only been here for a month and a half but I think that this community deserves respect and appreciation for being so much better than it has to be. Please do not diminish anyone else's sense of accomplishment by cheating and do not invalidate the work and generosity of those who give so much to others. The devs are human beings who are not perfect but the deserve the benefit of the doubt because of everything that they do for us. I am not asking for a blind eye I am asking for a look at the big picture before screaming about the little one. Thank you for reading and I hope no one believes I am trying to take anyone to task with this post. I am would some closure so we can get back to the game without these destructive distractions. Sorry I was long winded but I do not know how else to avoid miscommunication.

TirunCollimdus :icon13: Hopefully helpful.

Enyo..Janemuffin, and to all the rest of the flamers here, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Look at what you are posting, can you act anymore childish? Both of you have been suspended from the forums for 3 days. That's me being extremely kind.

Before making fools out of yourselves, try thinking before talk, or in this case, typing. And don't type in anger..it only makes you look like a bigger horse's ass.

More than 75% of this topic is flames! I won't tolerate anymore of this bullshit. This is everyone's warning. Go ahead spam and flame..you'll be banned.

204677[/snapback]

Thank you very much.... this was very much needed here.

Greg

So we have 3 things:

1. Several entries in the log that celarly show a pattern

2. You admited trying to install the client

3. One of your friends added you to the list so that you can use the client.

Sorry, but it is very hard for me, or any other mod to believe that.

205040[/snapback]

Theres only a couple of people that have access to that userlist, none of them knowing isla so it couldnt have been her using the client.

i think ill join LadyWolf with the popcorn ;) ....between Ent's humor with a tint of assholishness (btw not ment to be offencive by that as that is the best kind of humor....and i myself am that way :D ) and the back and forth by thorr and jane it actually kept my attention and i managed to actually read 6pages of it...but eventually you have my attention span issues that get in the way so i didnt bother with the other 5 :P.....

now more to the topic.....WHAT WERE YOU GUYS THINKING?!?!? i mean come on most from EF have been playing as long as me and should know by now you would get busted :omg: ...small suggestion...THINK FIRST ACT SECOND! will get you farther and wont have issues such as this....

Frak admitted he doesn't even know who I am so how did I end up on his approved users list?  Through no doing of my own.  Ask him.

205035[/snapback]

shes telling the truth. some1 else askd me to add her to the userlist.

8. Our method of detection, although pretty reliable, still has some false positive alerts. So if someone is there only once, it's usually an indication of the fact that they did not macro, but just accidentally triggered our detection system. We apoligize in advance for such errors, and we won't penalize anyone that is there by mistake.

204445[/snapback]

My name was in the list once or twice but because im in -EF- i still get punished. Thats screwed up.

Guest isla

I have always admitting to downloading the client. I did that. I apologize. I NEVER installed it. When i understood that i could get into trouble for using that client I did not install it. I have since deleted it from my computer.

I am a relatively newer player and did not understand the seriousness of downloading this client. It has obviously gotten me into trouble

I see my name on those logs and I do not understand how it got there. Could it be from just trading with people in ef???

I am not flaming anyone. Just upset that i am not being believed.

Thank you tidus and Frak for backing me up to the extent that you feel you could.

I had to ask someone what macroing meant. It sounds cool but I have never had the privilege of having a program automatically make stuff for me. Or even the privilege of colored test for that matter. I have never seen any of the stuff they are talking about because i never installed it.

People who know me know that I am honest and not a liar. I am only sorry that Entropy does not know me and therefore chooses not to believe me. Yes I see the evidence against me but i adamantly maintain my innocence.

Thank you for your time

Guest ThunderChild

Entropy, I find it very unfair that you banned Scafativ, and hope you will change your mind about this, and i hope in the future that you people wiil think first and type later before you accuse people of cheating, you must understand that this makes people very angry and upset and there friends to.

Entropy, I know you said those that were in the list once is a fluke, not to worry, but what about FrogKill, his name is only there twice as he said, not multiple times like the others, does that mean that he has to take the same punishment as the rest? Sorry for butting in, but I can see that those once or twice listed could be a false report, like if they got into a smooth pattern of clicking while mixing.

Just curious about this. Thanks.

my name isn't even in the list XD

i confessed cause i used it 2 times (crashed though)

and thought i would be on the list for those short 2 times...

and even though i'm getting stats reduced + reset (i think ;/)

Sorry for butting in, but I can see that those once or twice listed could be a false report, like if they got into a smooth pattern of clicking while mixing.

205230[/snapback]

ent didnt tell us how he detected the clients yet. but i can tell you its not that. cause the automix put a random delay between mix commands (wich even made it slower than manually mixing)

my name isn't even in the list XD

i confessed cause i used it 2 times (crashed though)

and thought i would be on the list for those short 2 times...

and even though i'm getting stats reduced + reset (i think ;/)

205233[/snapback]

cuz u would use it if u could

you saying the mixers doesn't help? or the end key to attack monsters, or the extra zoom, or the fighting menu with god knows how many things on it that help you, or if you dont like any of them theres the players near u on ur map, which helps alot when pking, which earns you massive amounts of money, which yu then put into training your skills faster than anyone else

or am i missing something and none of them actually help you in any way

204814[/snapback]

You're completely clueless about what you're talking about. The mixer has a random stop, goes slower, and doesn't access storage. The server doesn't send all the objects from your map or even that close to you. And showing players as white X's and bags as black X's didn't help a whole hell of a lot with PKing, it's not like it makes you a god or something <_<

To sum up: That's a load of bs, you still have to train your stats very similarly to everyone else, it just requires slightly less clicking. :medieval:

To sum up: That's a load of bs, you still have to train your stats very similarly to everyone else, it just requires slightly less clicking. :medieval:

205457[/snapback]

Slightly less clicking eh?.. What is the number amount for "slightly less"?

lol again the thought comes to mind.....why did you guys even bother....i consider a few of you as friends but i cant say i dont think you shouldnt get a full punishment as you should know better :mellow: but hey i am not about to push for anything since 1) i got nothing to do with this. and 2) ummm...hmmm...nothing snappy to say so ill just stop myself here...

edit: ended up with a smiley dude where i didnt want it :medieval:

Edited by GreenGanjaKing

Slightly less clicking eh?.. What is the number amount for "slightly less"?

205476[/snapback]

It could mean your mouse lasts an extra year or so :battleaxe_rune: