Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

nobody said those log events are from logging on. entropy didnt tell what those log events are and thus didnt tell how he detects ef client. i guess he dont want to tell, would be interesting though

its when u use an illegal function on the client not when you log in

204819[/snapback]

Lets say i used automix for example or w/e...

I was making an SR 20 sec ? Dont make me fun . :confused:

Edited by NitageR

Lets say i used automix for example or w/e...

I was making an SR 20 sec ? Dont make me fun .  :confused:

204822[/snapback]

it could be anything that makes ef client behave different from official. like the repeat button in npc window. u cant send same npc command twice in official client.

Hello All,

I don't now how to quote from another thread, but I have attached a link.  This was taken from a thread discussing reseting top players because it was not fun for new players.  I'm not supporting that author, but thought it may lighten up the mood from some people.

As the story goes, where there is smoke there is fire  :confused:

-Fumble

Quote from Shivar @ Sep 14 2005, 10:26 AM

or look at my brother smooms, he started like 4-5 months after me and is #1 a/d now...

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...opic=17954&st=0

204813[/snapback]

what r u saying with this ?

I wanted to add some thing, that makes me really confused.

THEORETICALLY punishment is the same for all players, but in practice low level players will lose exp that they can recover in very short time, lets say 1 month or someting (they will lose exp in hundreds of kilos)...... and what about high level players - thay will lose exp in millions that cant be recouvered in for an example 1 month....

So if they did the same crime why the punishment is not the same in PRACTICE?? huh ?

I can't believe people still used it even after the thread about it...

I also can't believe people used it at all. Games are supposed to be fun. Also, they will obviously catch you.

Another thing, most of those names, if not all, are people that are already really high levels... Shame on you.

As a matter of fact, even the ones that admitted should be down to 0. They broke the rules. Either banned or zero'd in my opinion. This is very unfair to other, honest players.

Edited by MindFreak

Anyone know where I can download the EF Client, sounds like it would save me a fortune in batteries for my cordless mouse  :confused:

204846[/snapback]

LOL do u know what are rechargeable batteries?? ;p

Edited by NitageR

Frak, I can't tell you guys how we detected it, but we did detect it pretty accurately, no? I mean, yes, we got some false positives, but they can be easely spoted. If there is a pattern however, it's pretty certain someone WAS using it.

The only hint I can give you is that the really lite version (not the pro or enterprise versions) was NOT detected. So anyone who is in that log did some automatization, wether they knew about it or not.

:P I s`pose I should add a sensible post before I`m banned for being too cheeky, but like my attempt at sarcasm, this is all a joke. Personally, I couldn`t give a flying steaming lump of dogs turd wot JoeBloggs (Sorry if there is a JoeBloggs) stats are, and I really dont give a hairy rats ass how they got them. El is a game, its s`posed to be about having fun, and having a laugh, EL isn`t a government, it isn`t a law, its not a way of life....its a GAME!! People cheat, thats a fact of life, and no matter how much you try and get rid of them, they will keep coming back, and no matter how smart you think you are in catching them, there will always be someone smarter than you.

Like many others, I eagerly waited for the new and improved update, and like many others, I was over the moon when it arrieved, I must confess I was getting a little bored with EL and was thinking about looking elsewhere, but as I`ve been playing for longer than I can remember, I stayed and waited to see what was in store for us all. Yes the new maps look good, the new monsters look cool, but is that it? Surely there must be a lot more to come ? This isn`t a jibe at the EL HQ or the programmers that have worked so hard, the point I`m trying to make here, is we`ve been here before, Ent and the gang went on a mad crusade to get rid of the people using illegal clients, and while I agree with what they are trying to do, I cant help but think that the game will suffer again like it did last time.

We had all the new random events, teleporting, Mother Nature on her time of the month, how long did it take to recover from that? How many people got fed up with being killed or teleported to lose all their items that they had worked hard for? The answer is LOTS!! Are we now gonna see the same kinda thing happening all over again? Is the game gonna suffer while the HQ goes on another crusade? Are the problems people are having gonna be sorted before this crusade takes place, or are the honest players in this game gonna suffer yet again?

Plz lets not lose sight of what this is all about here, I`m not supporting people that have been using illegal clients, but I DO think its wrong that people that have only used a zoom, or a coloured GM be punished in anyway shape or form. I`m sure I read somewhere that those people wouldn`t be punished, I really hope that is the case, because if thats the way the game is gonna go, maybe I`ll reconsider my gaming options.

Slightly miffed........... :confused:

Thanks for ya time.

Edit - NitageR.........DOH!! :omg:

Edited by WiLdCaRd

As a matter of fact, even the ones that admitted should be down to 0. They broke the rules. Either banned or zero'd in my opinion. This is very unfair to other, honest players.

Guess that's why we are lucky that we have someone like Entropy in charge that is willing to go fairly lightly considering the offense, instead of those of you that immediately say "Off with their heads!"

I think Ent is being very kind hearted in his decision here, so you know what, it doesn't matter what any of us think, cause it is he (Teh God) who has the final say...So quit griping that they weren't set to 0, and go play the damn game! ( I know i will be when I get home from work)

I have 1 very small question :

Since you saw me doing something wrong(and I'm sure if it can detect illegal activity you can see what kind it is) can you plz just tell me what I did wrong b/c I really don't know what I did since I'm using the official EL client

Greetz

Kinalor member of CEL and part of the #beaver community

I have 1 very small question :

Since you saw me doing something wrong(and I'm sure if it can detect illegal activity you can see what kind it is) can you plz just tell me what I did wrong b/c I really don't know what I did since I'm using the official EL client

Greetz

Kinalor member of CEL and part of the #beaver community

204865[/snapback]

The logged action is not inherently bad. It's just when this is done in a certain way, especially more than once, it indicates some automatization.

lmao, i used end on gobs and skells all the time in KF, for bones :axeman_rune:

i havent even used end to train coz i only been training with tidus lol

Edited by Logger

Guess that's why we are lucky that we have someone like Entropy in charge that is willing to go fairly lightly considering the offense, instead of those of you that immediately say "Off with their heads!"

I think Ent is being very kind hearted in his decision here, so you know what, it doesn't matter what any of us think, cause it is he (Teh God) who has the final say...So quit griping that they weren't set to 0, and go play the damn game! ( I know i will be when I get home from work)

204864[/snapback]

Wow where'd that come from?

They way you freaked out like that sounded like I've been going on about it forever. I said one post and really don't give a damn...

204895[/snapback]

Yeah...I would also like to know (maybe after the topic ends, and you have some time to deal with innocent people... and their curiosity) at which point I started to act as a machine...as an illegal client...because I only use the one downloaded after the update, with no changes of course.

Regards,

Creedka.

Was not directed at you personally MindFreak. I did not freak out, I am just tired of everybody here being self righteous because these guys screwed up (big time)..People keep saying "they shoulda been reset to 0 from the start" or "they shouldn't have been given the chance they got."

Well this is what Entropy felt was fair, so stop already...This is getting us nowhere fast. Let's just all take a deep breath and go back to doing what we normally do in game.

What will happen to the people who macroed, but only admitted to using the illegal client?

204904[/snapback]

The client never had macros in it, it had automisations... maybe 20% for client, 25% automisation and 30% macro? :omg:

The client never had macros in it, it had automisations... maybe 20% for client, 25% automisation and 30% macro?  :omg:

204911[/snapback]

Well then... the people who used automizations and didn't admit to it?