Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

If Rogue has high enough privilegies on the server he can do anything to benefit a player, including masking cheat (i'm not saying he does/did that btw). So we have to trust on him as much as we trust Entropy.

But if someone is saying other ppl cheated why not investigate the person, it will be so cumbersome?

204519[/snapback]

yes he has the privilegies, i think he has all of them

I know Rogue better than any of you here, and I am pretty confident that he didn't cheat. I mean really, if he wanted to cheat don't you think he would have modified his top thing not to show the real stats? Or just do it over time?

But like I was saying, it's a matter of trust, simple as that. You have no way to know wether he or others are cheating, so you either trust us or not. And if you don't, then stop playing, as there is really no purpose playing a game only to get pwned by the evil cheating devs.

204514[/snapback]

Are you listening to anything I am saying?? Its not the devs!!! Its the players who suck up to them.. Thats the real issue.

Why didn't your macro catchers catch anyone else?? Why only ef??? I am SURE there is other clients out there that have automixers/autorestore.

You should have waited till you caught them all. It's very wrong to give chances to the other idiots who use the clients but now can stop without punishment.

I think it very honorable that you trust Rogue. And maybe he should be trusted. But there is times that you need to listen to the few, the ones who dont have ANYTHING to gain. Maybe you can spare some trust to us? I know you dont know the hell I am, but you know I never did anything illegal in-game, and the times I did find some bugs, it took me no more than 10 seconds (and a push from guns..my dear guns!! :hug: ) to report them.

All this still doesnt make me want to leave the game of my own free will :) This whole year has been awesome! I have made friends whos bonds are tighter than anything I have experienced irl :)

You are gonna have to ban me to get rid of me :) Thats the only way I am gonna go.

JaneMuffin

Tough cookie, trooper :)

And to GarD: I am sorry if I dragged our mighty guild through this mess. I love you all like family and never ment for it to happen this way (although I warned you all it would happen). I hope people dont hold it against my friends, and guildmates, none of them had prior knowledge before tonight.

This message is to Rogue.. don't ever let these idiots make you stop playing again and doing what you love most in this game.. keep in mind Rogue that most people on EL love you and want you here and want you playing in the game and the one who don't, just don't count and aren't important enough to worry about or to quit playing over or to lock your char over either. it would be a great loss to not have Rogue ingame actually playing the game and plus it's a huge asset to have a dev playing the game because he can know more what the game needs most and how to work and improve on it.

now for ones here who are getting punished, just take it with some honour and don't turn this into something dirty and ugly and blame Rogue because the only one you need to be blaming is the reflection you see in the mirror each day.

whats my punishment ? my name was on the log 2 times

204518[/snapback]

I didn't crossreference the list with the declarations list yet, if you admited to be using it, you'll get a 15% penalty. If not, 100%

*Gets popcorn to watch the cat fight*

I have to say, some of the names in that list really disappointed me...I like all you guys in -EF-, I just hope those of you that stick around after this learned your lesson

Hey whoa!! That is enough...Both of you! The language coming out of your mouth's is enough to make a sailor blush...Get a frickin grip and stop this shit in public..trade msn's and go at it...but damnit obey the forum rules..

204501[/snapback]

Very well said.

Greg

Are you listening to anything I am saying??  Its not the devs!!!  Its the players who suck up to them..  Thats the real issue.

Why didn't your macro catchers catch anyone else??  Why only ef???  I am SURE there is other clients out there that have automixers/autorestore.

Why not?

Are you listening to anything I am saying??  Its not the devs!!!  Its the players who suck up to them..  Thats the real issue.

204522[/snapback]

we're listening to YOU blame rogue!!!!!! it's hurting our ears.. at least mine and my eyes too.. get back to your packing.

... ok now all take a very deep breath and relax... and if you then still feel like flaming go do it elsewhere will ya?

oh thorr sounds just like enyo , oh wait it's enyo hey enyo! :hug:

204529[/snapback]

Oh look, SmooMs was in his probation period and he still used an illegal client...

Be merciful, please, Entropy, for I cannot. Nor can I bite my tongue any longer.

ENOUGH!

We saw this action come down months ago - when *someone* and her crew set out in their glorious quest, armed with "the truth".

All this did was rip apart the community, people flaming incessantly on ALL sides, and in the end, many grew disillusioned. I thought the wounds had almost healed.

Now this - the old wounds are reopened as I see it. Players who are in the wrong now accuse moderators of cheating. Where is the evidence?

I must say this - let us all calm down, let us all take stock. Those who are in wrong, please, accept the punishments that you deserve, EF or not EF - as I see it, this has only started with one group. Those of you with real evidence - tip your hand already, NO secrets - secrets are what tore us apart. Entropy, if there can be any truth to the allegations, please look into it. Flamers, SHUT UP.

I have said what I felt needed, and accept whatever my lot is for it.

Arnie (Atahn)

They are not filthy accusations, in fact the only filthy thing about his is your language and the fact that you get away with such ugly name calling. It is not needed to get a point across and the fact that you have to use such ugly language and throw name calling around instead of giving clear consise counterpoint is pathetic.

You bring the whole terrable thing down further then it needs to go. Quit making it worse and if JaneMuffin has something she feels needs looked into for fairness then instead of flaming her, to alliviate her fears/points and put everyone at ease maybe afew mins could be spent on it.

As it was brought up it would not take long to look at Enyos logs or whatever, but maybe only patience is needed, if she is not EF then maybe hers will be looked at in the next batch as Ent said.

JaneMuffin is a very good friend to me, I dont want to see her banned for stating a opinion, right or wrong I see others and especially Enyo state worse and get away with it.

I love this game I would like to see it stay above the rest as it has always been.

Very Respectfully ~Sandcastle

Well yea i was on probation but atleast i admit i used an illegal client so dont take any further action then now, i accept this punishment i get now and i wont cheat again.

And the "probation" wasnt really right since shivar did something and i didnt.

.. could you please STOP getting old and past things back up? enyo stop flaming as it doesn't get this stuff anywhere.. same goes for janemuffin and all the others that flames and accuse all who they can for doing this or that here.. please STOP IT

well, we don't know that now do we since 17 posts came from YOUR ip address but it's easy to say that you didn't do it and put all blame on your brother and he will back that up because you have the stronger char.  but the point is that YOU did violate your probation that you agreed to.  i think that's what entropy is trying to say so maybe your punishment will be different.

204541[/snapback]

17 posts? thats a lie.. and enyo keep on topic :hug:

The hall of shame is incomplete, fair enough, you finally found proof for who uses the EF client. You've already named us so stop taking the piss, there are still many other clients out there, EF was just one of them...

all i've posted is stuff to try and stop you and others from saying crap that doesn't fit in here, you know that well enough

now please again, could you STOP putting crap here that doesn't fit here at all?

well, we don't know that now do we since 17 posts came from YOUR ip address but it's easy to say that you didn't do it and put all blame on your brother and he will back that up because you have the stronger char.  but the point is that YOU did violate your probation that you agreed to.  i think that's what entropy is trying to say so maybe your punishment will be different.

204541[/snapback]

The way i understood you dont have *any proof* of it was smooms. You blame Janemuffin for not provide proofs of you wrong doing (if it are any). Are you different? Can i trust you only with your words?

A note for the ppl who will flame me: do you want to roleplay in a hippie world? To have enemies is natural since the characters have conflicting goals and purposes.

I just have one question: Wy the smeg is there my name??? I know its only once, and it may be the cosmic coincidence you were talking about...but it's just not OK to put there honest people's nicks! I worked hard all year on my char and it sucks if compare to any other who played so long, but I was ALWAYS proud I didnt use any fancy clients, any additional features...

Btw. afaik there is NO LINUX version of that client... and I'm on linux since February...it just doesn't make sense:/

Regards,

Creedka.

I just have one question: Wy the smeg is there my name??? I know its only once, and it may be the cosmic coincidence you were talking about...but it's just not OK to put there honest people's nicks! I worked hard all year on my char and it sucks if compare to any other who played so long, but I was ALWAYS proud I didnt use any fancy clients, any additional features...

Btw. afaik there is NO LINUX version of that client... and I'm on linux since February...it just doesn't make sense:/

Regards,

Creedka.

204551[/snapback]

There are other names on that list that do not have access to the client also, strange :hug:

The way i understood you dont have *any proof* of it was smooms. You blame Janemuffin for not provide proofs of you wrong doing (if it are any). Are you different? Can i trust you only with your words?

204550[/snapback]

we have proof that it came from his ip address but since smooms and shivar share teh same ip, there is no way to know who posted what so when smooms says it was all his brother, well, there is no way to be sure of that, is there? but the whole point is not who did what but that smooms was on probation and violated that probation when he knowingly used the illegal client. the other at this point is unimportant.

actually that happens when the EF badboys hyjack a topic and flame it.. this time i'm just defending a good friend named Rogue and too fucking bad if you don't like it.. muffingirl shouldn't have started the flamewar when her slanderous crap and if entropy wanted it closed, he would have done it already.

204565[/snapback]

The 'EF' Badboys are not flaming it, but WE do have the right to post here considering it is about OUR client... -_-

Regards,

Creedka.

204551[/snapback]

Like I was saying, the method we use to detect the EF client can, SOMETIMES, show people who actually don't use it. The fact that very few people appeared in that log only once confirms the fact that the method is pretty reliable, but it is, by no means, perfect. Anyway, we'll look into that and see why your name is there.

I think when Soldus or Aisslin will see the flames here, they will faint :hug:

I, for some reason, am amused by such immature flames, so that's why I let them be for the time being. But other mods have different things that amuse them, so..