Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

:icon13: Is this stat reduction comming soon? I am pretty bored now, managed to kill rogue :mace: , nobody else i really wanna pk with my high p/c.

lol.jpg

By the way: Those using the carpal tunnel syndrome excuse, you can mix using the scroll on your mouse. -_-

EDIT FOR TIDUS: Not much though.. I find it alot easier than clicking.

Edited by MindFreak

By the way: Those using the carpal tunnel syndrome excuse, you can mix using the scroll on your mouse. -_-

204934[/snapback]

It still requires the movement of your finger...

:icon13: Is this stat reduction comming soon? I am pretty bored now, managed to kill rogue  :mace: , nobody else i really wanna pk with my high p/c.

lol.jpg

204932[/snapback]

Reset him quik ! he is teh strong ;p

man Rogue is playing fairly if he wasn't shouldn't he be #1 stats now then?

shouldn't he be thinking when smooms and shivar passed him in a/d:"omfgz0r teht sm00ms and teh sh1var are teh fast lvl'ing 0mg i edit my stats so that i alway's be teh further in a/d then they 4re? :icon13: D:D:S:SD:SF:SDF:Y:R;/

he isn't helping newbies that saves time that can be used for training and he doesn't handle some abuse reports which saves time too for training.

Frak, I can't tell you guys how we detected it, but we did detect it pretty accurately, no? I mean, yes, we got some false positives, but they can be easely spoted. If there is a pattern however, it's pretty certain someone WAS using it.

The only hint I can give you is that the really lite version (not the pro or enterprise versions) was NOT detected. So anyone who is in that log did some automatization, wether they knew about it or not.

204859[/snapback]

Automations = Keywords...explains why there are a few inocent people detected...I can guess how it most likly works somewhat...

Anyways...Why is everyoen making such a big fuss about this anyways.

1. Everything is decided...No one is goign to change their minds about punishments

2. Yeah..Tidus or someone said, that someone is goign to try harder to mask illegal clients...that dosent' mean you just do nothikgn about it then 0.0

3. Is there even a point in flaming? Everyone who admited got away with barely any negatives and it appears things will start to be done more offten about illegal clients.

4. OK, so the people saying that some people shoulden't get away so easy...Does it realy concern you? You are doing nothing wrong, so what if someone did something illegal. They had a small advantage over you...it's not the end of the world...atleast they are being punished if you are so concerned with that.

Anyways, thanks for giving me somethign to read before my show started..i'm off to watch my show :P

Ok, your name is there only once, so I guess it's a coincidence.

204751[/snapback]

You know, this attitude is just outrageous ! How dare you, and the others, publish single-entry names when "you guess it's a coincidence"! If a single log entry means nothing, then it was the pinnacle of irresponsibility to have not removed those names before posting the log! The list is titled "Hall of Shame", you'll recall.

I think that this entire campaign has been ill conceived from the start. I think that the confession form shows the maturity of thought of a 13 year old, the attempt to make a mass "sting" bust has left a trail of good names lying on the roadside, and even the singling out of a particular "illegal" client was clearly unfair.

Instead of relying on logs that may contain unfortunate "coincidences", and instead of trying to detect particular client versions, why don't you make a more robust server that disallows illegal behavior? Do you believe that to be impossible? I think that it has to be done.

I know that we’re not allowed to criticize mods on the forums, but I believe that a terrible injustice her been done to many innocent players, so this had to be said.

scafativ

Edited by scafativ

You know, this attitude is just outrageous !  How dare you...

I know that we’re not allowed to criticize mods on the forums, so if you don’t like this post, you know my character name…

What he said!

My in game name is Fyvle, I am a member of the CEL Guild.

Mute me, ban me, reduce my stats if that be my lot... but I *will not* stand idly by and have you make an unsuitable claim against a remarkable player, guildie and human being.

Why should I care about catching the real cheaters anymore? If one innocent person gets banned, reduced or accused/slandered, then the cost is too great in my eyes.

Edited by Fyvle

Chill, scafativ. The people only mentioned once (like me...) aren't getting any negative effects from it. If someone is so sensitive that being suspected by a system with flaws will ruin reputations, then that person is probably not really worth bothering having a reputation with.

Sure, I've been stressing about it all day, but I'll get over it, now that they've cleared the names of (most of) the innocent.

I'm sure that all the innocent people are forgiven, and it'll be something we'll all laugh about some day, so cool it.

You know, this attitude is just outrageous !  How dare you, and the others, publish single-entry names when "you guess it's a coincidence"!  If a single log entry means nothing, then it was the pinnacle of irresponsibility to have not removed those names before posting the log!

I think that this entire campaign has been ill conceived from the start.  I think that the confession form shows the maturity of thought of a 13 year old, the attempt to make a mass "sting" bust has left a trail of good named lying on the roadside, and even the singling out of a particular "illegal" client was clearly unfair.

Instead of relying on logs that may contain unfortunate "coincidences", and instead of trying to detect particular client versions, why don't you make a more robust server that disallows illegal behavior?  Do you believe that to be impossible?  I'll be happy to offer my consulting services....

I know that we’re not allowed to criticize mods on the forums, so if you don’t like this post, you know my character name…

scafativ

205001[/snapback]

I agree with everything he said! Its one thing to tell the person on pm that their name came up once, just so they know, but to post it where everyone can see, where this still may lead to some persecution against those unfortinate few whose name popped up once.... Countless people won't read all these posts, but see Nitenduh's "short list" (which included people who only appeared once) and just assume that all those people marco'ed. that is my opinion, just to put it out there...

I agree with everything he said! Its one thing to tell the person on pm that their name came up once, just so they know, but to post it where everyone can see, where this still may lead to some persecution against those unfortinate few whose name popped up once.... Countless people won't read all these posts, but see Nitenduh's "short list" (which included people who only appeared once) and just assume that all those people marco'ed. that is my opinion, just to put it out there...

205012[/snapback]

I can redo it so it shows the number of times each person came up in the list. :P

wtf the log says i used it after i posted...that is BS there...i was only on official after i posted...i dunno wtf u picked up but it sure as hell isnt right!

205016[/snapback]

That's France's time, which is slightly different than the US time. We'll check that later.

Well, Fyvle and scafativ got banned.

Do we have other complaints as well?

[edit] So did dutchman21

205015[/snapback]

*shakes his head*

I mean why couldn't you apologize? Don't you realize that posting those names meant that you equated them to being cheaters? And after that, all you say is "she showed up once so it's just a coincidence?" You could have at least said you're sorry.

As for the ban, all you did was take out three good, rule abiding players my friend and diminish EL... all we did was stand up for our friend in the face of what we though was an unprovoke, unneccessary offence against her.

*shakes his head*

I mean why couldn't you apologize?  Don't you realize that posting those names meant that you equated them to being cheaters?  And after that, all you say is "she showed up once so it's just a coincidence?"  You could have at least said you're sorry.

As for the ban, all you did was take out three good, rule abiding players my friend and diminish EL... all we did was stand up for our friend in the face of what we though was an unprovoke, unneccessary offence against her.

205021[/snapback]

You were not rule abbiding because you knowingly broke the rules by posting that shit here. We posted serveral times that there are some false positive alarms, and that we will not punish those who show up as flse positives.

You could have posted a nice, decent message, and I would have rectified the problem by amending the first post in this thread. But this is not how someone who still wants to play the game acts.

@Fyvle: I think it's the way you toned your message, not how you intended for it to be read.

Edited by Daxon

You were not rule abbiding because you knowingly broke the rules by posting that shit here. We posted serveral times that there are some false positive alarms, and that we will not punish those who show up as flse positives.

You could have posted a nice, decent message, and I would have rectified the problem by amending the first post in this thread. But this is not how someone who still wants to play the game acts.

205022[/snapback]

I am sorry... I did not mean it to be overly agressive, but I am sorry if it came out that way. I will not deny that I was angry, all three of us have two guild members and close friends amongst those who were on that list once. I apoligise for what I said, and would be extremely grateful if you would unban me. If you do not, it is your desicion.

205022[/snapback]

Well Entropy, I am a reasonable person, and I see your point. I agree that my Tone was out of line and for that I truely do apologize. I'd like to think that I never meant to provoke a negative reaction in you, but obviously I posted without thinking.

If it is possible to forget the unfortunate way I first handled this situation, I would like to ask you - that is, the powers that be - to please consider making a bolder form of apologizing to those innocent people who were inadvertently listed.

My reason for asking this is that by listing a character's name, it may have been taken by other people as being a cheater and that simply saying that there were anomolies and that nothing will come of it may not be enough.

As we all know a lot of negetivity has been stirred up in this issue, I'd like to think that the powers that be are thoughtful enough to give consideration to those caught in the crossfire.

Thank you for your time.

I am sorry... I did not mean it to be overly agressive, but I am sorry if it came out that way. I will not deny that I was angry, all three of us have two guild members and close friends amongst those who were on that list once.  I apoligise for what I said, and would be extremely grateful if you would unban me. If you do not, it is your desicion.

205024[/snapback]

Ok, I unbanned you and Fyvle

Ok, I unbanned you.

205028[/snapback]

thank you, and I am truly sorry... I am greatful that you were willing to give me a second chance.

Thank you Lady, i am not embarresed by the fact i have no idea how my comp works and have trouble even opening files. When it comes to computers i am clueless.

I would just like to say that this coincidence has dragged my name through the mud, ruined my reputation and upset me so much i may leave the game.

Thanks, i guess an apology would be just too much to ask for.

204755[/snapback]

Meh, why would you quite over that? I've seen worse things happen to good peoples reputations. My reputation is total crap, yet I still continue to play EL. Just salvage what reputation you have left and continue playing. :P (If all else fails, make a charictor with a different name, and restart with a fresh rep. :icon13:)

You could have posted a nice, decent message, and I would have rectified the problem by amending the first post in this thread.

205021[/snapback]

OK...I will try to post a nice, decent message...

I would be very grateful if You took my nickname (and the rest who happened to be there coincidentally) out of the Hall of Shame... For the whole day people kept asking me questions, making accusations, joking (they thought that was joking, for me it was much...) by calling me a cheater... Most of them know it's not true, but still the fact is that my nick is among some of the macroers and other people braking rules...

It would be nice if our good names were returned...

Regards,

Creedka.