Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

Oh, one more thing.

If your name is in that log like once, we are willing to make an exception, since there is always the posibility your cat walked over your keyboard or something :D But if it's more than once, that chance is really minimal.

204447[/snapback]

No, some EF players didn't even use the EF client, while others used the lite version and were undetected. There are quite a few EF players not on that list, right?

204477[/snapback]

Yes, my name was on the list once or twice... can u make an exception? I told the truth in my confession post :) and the PM i sent you.

i still haven't seen any proof of macroing...

i only see a list with people that used a illegal client, wich doesn't even contains macroing just a automixer. wich isn't the same. i wonder when the proof of macroing comes!!! and beside that just a few have made use of it.

-EF- has never made use of macroing!!!

there was a client made to make this game more playable and that was supposed to be a job of moderators/developers!!!

for me personally i think a automixer should be implemented pure and simple to make a game more playable and less frustrating. it's the same with autoharvest when i started playing we had to klick each and every time to get a flower or anything else autoharves was illegal as well and guese what it got implemented a really big relieve for all who played at that time. automixing is the same. making tons of essence, or anything else ain't good for your health.

it isn't withdrawing stuff from storage and putting it in wich would make it macroing because you can endless go on with that.

i'm forced to quit playing now it was nice though

If you take too much exp many good players ( cheaters :) ) will leave and and then community will be suck.

Many of top20 will leave game :) i guess.

I think some ppl would be happy then.

Hmm........

PK maps will be so peaceful places then, add storages there :D

Manuers/potiones/alchemics will broke coz there will be no wars i guess and ppl wont buy so much stuff like now :don:

I am wondering now what will do players like donpedro,rogue,dragonsyoung etc. - guys train pot/alch/manu ? :P No1 will be able to play with them on pk. :hehe:

:hiya: somewhere...later...

Ooops i forgot about our great crafters, sorry guys and girls :)

Edited by NitageR

Personally i couldn't care less if mods did play with their stats and storage a little. if they are genuinely giving up there time and effort towards the development and policing of the game at the disruption of their own gameplay then why shouldn't they be able to adjust their stats relative to time committed. Some people obviously can't appreciate what they are giving, these mods are grown up people with jobs and families and yet we should expect the creators of the game to walk around with newb stats. But as Ent says, if you don't like the mods or sticking to the rules, there's plenty of other games out there!!

dont be smartass man it doesnt concern you so be quiet.

btw bogus go and do your j0b, find few jokers :)

Edited by NitageR

Personally i couldn't care less if mods did play with their stats and storage a little. if they are genuinely giving up there time and effort towards the development and policing of the game at the disruption of their own gameplay then why shouldn't they be able to adjust their stats relative to time committed. Some people obviously can't appreciate what they are giving, these mods are grown up people with jobs and families and yet we should expect the creators of the game to walk around with newb stats. But as Ent says, if you don't like the mods or sticking to the rules, there's plenty of other games out there!!

204634[/snapback]

omfg thats load of bull shit, i used train loads and 1 dev which never trained was higher in a/d....he didnt have to do any thing to get them lvl's and didn't deserve them

yeh i'm just someone who nearly got booted for missing pm's because mods were wasting their time trying to catch out cheats like you. The REAL EL community won't miss any of you. The game will go on, for the better without you all. Players come and go on a daily basis. I never knew you before today and i won't remember you tomorrow. Have a nice life in your next game wannabe :)

I love everybody, and everthing.

Why cant we all just get along?

I think we all lose sight of the fact the Eternal Lands is a game. Games are for fun. Topics like this arent fun.

If you find yourself always in topics like this, find something else to do with your time. Life is too short.

Ent,

Hay I just got an idea! *thanks unnamed person for idea* Why not post ALL of the servers logs?

I mean if these guys are innocent and trustworthy they had NOTHING at all to worry about.

Post the whole log, and prove me wrong :) Or send me the whole log and I will give you that proof you have been asking for :D

JaneMuffin

Does such a thing as an 'approved clients list' exist???

204624[/snapback]

yes. and for now it consists of: official releases by Entropy, compiled and unedited CVS, and by special permission(such as when you are working on porting the client, or testing modifications by a recognised dev)

for now, unless you have special permission, that's all you're allowed to use. once test phase is declared over, you will be allowed to use other clients, but it is up to you, the user, to ensire that it doesn't have anything illegal.

the person who made it can get in trouble for making and distributing a modded client, but the uend-user is responsible as well

204634[/snapback]

I disagree.

if you don't play the game like any other player, you're creating an us-and-them divide.

in my opinion, as far as possible, devs and mods should be 'one of us' while playing (thought they need to be stern when punishment is needed, of course)

I'm one of the jr coders, and as far as I know, nothing I've done has ever been illegal. I get all my items and XP the same as everyone else(on the main server anyway).

the perks of being a dev I get, if any, are for me the player, not my character(with few exception, like that there are a few things in the development version that may be advantageous; eg the right-click to remove spells from magicbar... I got that before most people will... not much of an advantage though)

just woke up and saw this....yes there were 2 version of the pro just so happened i had the one without autoheal...maybe somewhere in ur logs u can find that

considering i didnt use one of the automization features i dunno wut i did

i still haven't seen any proof of macroing...

i only see a list with people that used a illegal client, wich doesn't even contains macroing just a automixer. wich isn't the same. i wonder when the proof of macroing comes!!! and beside that just a few have made use of it.

-EF- has never made use of macroing!!!

there was a client made to make this game more playable and that was supposed to be a job of moderators/developers!!!

for me personally i think a automixer should be implemented pure and simple to make a game more playable and less frustrating. it's the same with autoharvest when i started playing we had to klick each and every time to get a flower or anything else autoharves was illegal as well and guese what it got implemented a really big relieve for all who played at that time. automixing is the same. making tons of essence, or anything else ain't  good for your health.

it isn't withdrawing stuff from storage and putting it in wich would make it macroing because you can endless go on with that.

i'm forced to quit playing now it was nice though

204631[/snapback]

???...unbelievable wondering...if an automated function is not called macro then its not a macro?..right?...

just nice functions like..automixer,autostorage,autoattack,autobattle...well..good luck..:)

someone would call all those macroes..

Sure the open source games of course has problems like this. But if they were not open sourse then there wouldnt be at all excellent clever games like this. Maybe there should be different servers for only official version and then another server without limits.All maps pk and so on..;)

And you could when whenever change to "bad boys"-server but never back..

So..time to make some donations for another server.Im actually ready to start with totally new character if ever would see an "official client only"- server.

Ratman aka Willson

people get a grip.. and with this i mean Jane and Enyo mostly.. you are both freaking adults and you play a GAME...its just a game..use the fuking #ignore or something its not like you have to see each other every day!! the one is in france and i dunno where jane is from..both behind a comp..its just a game..

as for those links of jane.. come on.. thats something a 3-year old does..

sorry but i think this is all stupid..really i got nothing against any of you both.. enyo swor at me once or something but not a big deal, she can from behind her comp whereever she lives i dont care, Jane seems very nice tho i never had the guts to start a convo (im shy, yes even on a game)..

as for Entropy, plz..youre the boss..i thought more of you, i had very much respect for you but after reading some stuff of you and some flames..well i dunno..i pictured you completly different.. plz change this view again

as for EF members: i like EF, very cool guys and gals ya got, i was in ef too ;) but its just badluck (it seems) im very sorry for you all since you worked teh hard for your levels :( tho you had warnings..bullshit happens. im sorry for you guys.

i dont want a fight (especially not like the one between enyo and jane now :) )

-SpruiT-

Edited by Spruit

???...unbelievable wondering...if an automated function is not called macro then its not a macro?..right?...

just nice functions like..automixer,autostorage,autoattack,autobattle...well..good luck..:)

Ratman aka Willson

204660[/snapback]

The purpose of macros is to either automate frequently-used sequences or enable a more powerful abstraction but these are often the same thing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macro

if you automate the full process of e.g. producing FEs (harvesting flowers and food, going to cave, harvesting sulfur, mixing, carry FE to storage) then you got a macro. ef client only automated the mixing.

the difference to official client was that you needed less clicks and that you could chat while mixing, wich maybe is how it got detected. it wasnt faster either. it had a delay between mixes so it works with lag. and if you didnt pay attention to the mixing window/inventory you wouldnt see when you ran out of ingredients and loose even more time.

and there is no autostorage, autoattack, autobattle in ef client

my first and last entries in the list:

Mon Sep 26 19:09:48 2005 !!![Nidan] EF client

Mon Sep 26 20:32:35 2005 !!![Nidan] EF client

thats around 83 minutes. My OA exp is around 83,000,000. So thats a nice exp gain of minus 1 million exp. per minute. Not even considering my other exp loss ;/

conclusion: Cheating doesn't pay off?! :)

One illegal feature that people are overlooing is the Attack-Nearest-Target which is an illegal function since with a single keystroke you can work on power leveling. This is a known Pro feature, and was not in the lite version as well. The Pro & Enterprise versions are the illegal ones.

Also, not only were we detecting Pro/Entrprise, but we were detecting illegal activity from those, not just using that client. If your name appears on the list multiple times, that shows that you were using one or more illegal features repeatedly. Don't try to say you were only using the 'lite' features and didn't do anyting illegal.

i post it here cause the other thread is closed. same topic neway...

really mihaim, im thinking about making this client available publicly so everybody can test for himself how the features really work. (ofcourse i wont)

2) autostorage ( tired of repeating over and over the last storage commands ? like depositing 100 fire essences and extracting 100 roses , 100 snap dragonds and 100 sulph with ONE click ? )

it CANNOT do that. the repeat button in npc window only repeats your last 1 npc command, not the last x commands. so if you want to withdraw e.g. 60 essences you withdraw 20 essies and then click the repeat button 2 times. this feature became mostly useless with the new storage interface. it still helps with bying leather or wine in MM though. saves a few clicks.

also, note that END key does not walk you to the target if you are to far away. hunting small animals like snakes rabbits gets alot easier with this but it still needs the player!

yes, auto cast restoration is an unfair advatage. the casting harm is no different to magic quickbar in official client tho. no "fast" and no "auto" here.

oh, and nice interface design, huh? smooms made that.

oh and lets not forget control+alt+b to brew beer XD

@learner: that enterprise version is really interesting. you seem to know more than me!

Edited by frak

Enyo..Janemuffin, and to all the rest of the flamers here, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Look at what you are posting, can you act anymore childish? Both of you have been suspended from the forums for 3 days. That's me being extremely kind.

Before making fools out of yourselves, try thinking before talk, or in this case, typing. And don't type in anger..it only makes you look like a bigger horse's ass.

More than 75% of this topic is flames! I won't tolerate anymore of this bullshit. This is everyone's warning. Go ahead spam and flame..you'll be banned.

Guest isla

I am not using this client and have not used this client. Please take my name of the list. I admit to downloading it but I never installed or used it. I didn't know all the rules but when i saw the warning not to use it I never used it. So until my name is taken off this list i am being slandered. Isla

Wow, they are lucky Roja got to that business before I got through reading this crap. <_<

Also, for the whiners saying only EF was targeted, you might want to reread Ent's original post here, the part where he says:

3. While this log uses the name "EF Client", there might be some other clients which use some stuff the EF client does, so the server might detect them incorrectly as being the EF Client. However, if you are in the log the server DID detect that you are using some of the features the EF "pro" client uses.

That would be why only the phrase "EF client" was used, and why names were on the list that didn't have access to the EF client.

Oh and btw, I didn't faint :)

aisy is right, and i posted the names that got detected but were not in ef clients userlist in this thread.

3. While this log uses the name "EF Client", there might be some other clients which use some stuff the EF client does, so the server might detect them incorrectly as being the EF Client. However, if you are in the log the server DID detect that you are using some of the features the EF "pro" client uses.

Who actually gave the EF client the title 'EF pro'? lol

aisy is right, and i posted the names that got detected but were not in ef clients userlist in this thread.

204680[/snapback]

Theres also players who arent even in EF using the EF client..

Further more..I realy dont see the fun in chaeting like that....a stolen cookie never taste as good as an earned one..in my opinion..How can anyone be proud on stats that you didnt work as hard for as honest players?

I dont get it..but then again..who am I.... :)

Jez