Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hall of shame

For your viewing pleasure: http://www.eternal-lands.com/ef_log.txt

Now, a few notes:

1. This is an unprocessed log, and denotes people using the "pro" (not lite) EF client. A log with the macroers will be posted in the enxt days, after we analyze the data.

2. The timestamp is France's time (GMT+1)

3. While this log uses the name "EF Client", there might be some other clients which use some stuff the EF client does, so the server might detect them incorrectly as being the EF Client. However, if you are in the log the server DID detect that you are using some of the features the EF "pro" client uses.

4. There are two versions of the EF client: The "lite" version, which has only relatively minor things like different colors, extra zoom, and stuff like that. Then there is the "pro" version, which has all kind of neat things such as auto heal, auto harm, a nice War window, where you can auto make all kind of potions and stuff, and various other 'improvements' to make your life easier and illegal :)

5. The server does NOT detect the 'lite' version, because, having no macroing, it's a little harder to detect it. Not impossible, but not worth it for the time being.

6. Although this time we focused on the EF guild, we didn't do it because we hate them, but because it was the first moded client that we managed to get, and that pissed us off a little bit. Now we got other clients and we'll focus on other guilds soon. And this time, there will be no extra warnings, and no extra "admit that you did it and get away with a slap on the wrist". So basically, from now on, you get caught, you get fucked. 0 to all the stats.

7. The penalizing stage will happen sometime this week, as we have to compile the macroers list and do some other background stuff.

8. The good news is that Frak agreed to do some 'patriotic work' for the game, so in exchange for that the illegal users that admited using an illegal client will get only a 15% penalty and an overall reset, and the macroers a 25% penalty and overall reset. Those who didn't admit it will get the full penalty.

7. The bad news is that some people used the client even after they signed their declaration and promised not to use it anymore...

8. Our method of detection, although pretty reliable, still has some false positive alerts. So if someone is there only once, it's usually an indication of the fact that they did not macro, but just accidentally triggered our detection system. We apoligize in advance for such errors, and we won't penalize anyone that is there by mistake.

9. We also apologize for any inconvenience we might have caused to those who were in that list once, but didn't use a modified client.

Oh, one more thing.

If your name is in that log like once, we are willing to make an exception, since there is always the posibility your cat walked over your keyboard or something :) But if it's more than once, that chance is really minimal.

Here's a short list....

# of times in the log / username

597 shasso

464 CharlotteS

412 Grawius

403 NiTAGER

215 Djinn

212 sMooMs

157 emon2

126 Slashfury

117 Ohohok

106 Logiscom

103 Schizophrenic

79 Gen_Axis

71 AbelNightroad

56 Jipomax

53 Tidus

50 Senia

46 Nidan

42 Wastedoftime

23 Demostat

9 isla

3 makoto

3 marpessa

3 wamphire

2 PowerWarrior

2 frak

2 FRoGkiLL

2 dlerch

1 Creedka

1 Lord_Kilaran

1 Niilan

1 Kinalor

1 kitara

1 wodzu

1 Taguis

1 Asmodina

1 teh reporter

1 llsardonicll

1 Gunog

1 ilav

1 Kala

1 liori

1 Barnak

1 Brielle

Edited by Nintenduh

What about the people who aren't on the list and still signed the confession?..will they still be penalized for admitting to using an illegal client or not since their names aren't on the list but yet they still signed the confession? obviously the list only covers one week and detected certain clients for the moment. thanks..

Edited by Thorr

Here's a short list....

Senia

Grawius

wamphire

shasso

NiTAGER

Djinn

marpessa

wamphire

wastedoftime

Nitager

emon2

Ohohok

Schizophrenic

Jipomax

Gen_Axis

CharlotteS

Tidus

sMooMs

Logiscom

Nidan

isla

Brielle

AbelNightroad

ohohok

Barnak

Slashfury

dlerch

liori

Wastedoftime

FRoGkiLL

makoto

PowerWarrior

frak

Demostat

makoto

Creedka

Lord_Kilaran

Niilan

Kinalor

NitaGER

kitara

wodzu

Taguis

Asmodina

teh reporter

llsardonicll

Gunog

ilav

Kala

204450[/snapback]

Everybody can check it in Ents link, you did it to make post ? :/

LoL i am 2 times \o/, i feel conspiracy here :P

DonPedro you own game now...gl man...

I regret you wont have enemies now and you pk carriera will be soooo boring now :)

Edited by NitageR

What about the people who aren't on the list and still signed the confession?..will they still be penalized for admitting to using an illegal client or not since their names aren't on the list but yet they still signed the confession? obviously the list only covers one week and detected certain clients for the moment.  thanks..

204452[/snapback]

They will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

That was (prolly) hunting on -EF- only they are on list :)

What with rest illegal client in game ? :P

And their users ..

I wonder if ALL mod/devs used 1000000% CLEAR clients and didnt add exp or edit items in storages :)

If they are clear i am glad to have in game so honest ppl :)

Edited by NitageR

That was (prolly) hunting on -EF- only they are on list :)

What with rest illegal client in game ?  :P

And their users ..

204456[/snapback]

Yet another person suffering from selective reading...

BTW, anyone who bitches about this from this point on will get banned. I mean, this is really annoying, instead of being glad you've been given such a generous chance that no other MMORPG would give you, you complain?

Read one thread on Jane's site.. and I got the notion that she tried to blame me for CG being banned.

If anything, I was one of those people who did everything I could to help CG out. A month ago, I was always telling him to stop what he's doing, always telling him to be more polite. Don't even try your pissant BS with me because I'm tired of it Jane. I consider CG to be a good friend.

P.S., I could careless what Shivar does. If he wants to PK me ingame, I'd be glad to make him wait for 6 hours while I continue about my business. :P I however did not want him PMing insults to fellow members in GarD or threatening them because he would.

Edited by Daxon

6. Although this time we focused on the EF guild, we didn't do it because we hate them, but because it was the first moded client that we managed to get, and that pissed us off a little bit. Now we got other clients and we'll focus on other guilds soon. And this time, there will be no extra warnings, and no extra "admit that you did it and get away with a slap on the wrist". So basically, from now on, you get caught, you get fucked. 0 to all the stats.

204445[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure some will have same problem soon and won't have a penality but all skills at 0. At least those who told it in EF or not had hoour told it and keep an advantage against who didn't, not now but in futur when they will be catch.

LOL @ JaneMuffin.

204457[/snapback]

I am shocked at my post not being deleted yet!! And you laugh! Good one boss :P

Now I await the fake accusation sof macroing and so on. Although, I dont have that much computer knowledge to get one working :)

Mihaim care to make me one like enyos? Auto-Restore for Dummies :)

JaneMuffin

4. There are two versions of the EF client: The "lite" version, which has only relatively minor things like different colors, extra zoom, and stuff like that. Then there is the "pro" version, which has all kind of neat things such as auto heal, auto harm, a nice War window, where you can auto make all kind of potions and stuff, and various other 'improvements' to make your life easier and illegal :P

Yes, 2 versions, but as the second (illegal one was made, it was split, the one you must have will be the newest, with the 'cool' features such as the battle menu. You CANT make potions in it, it is merely a quickbar to cast restore, drink a potion.. It does have an auto heal and drink potion feature in it, reasons for most people not downloading that version, instead sticking to the other illegal client with only the automixer.

I am shocked at my post not being deleted yet!!  And you laugh!  Good one boss :P

Now I await the fake accusation sof macroing and so on.  Although, I dont have that much computer knowledge to get one working :)

Mihaim care to make me one like enyos?  Auto-Restore for Dummies :)

JaneMuffin

204464[/snapback]

If you don't back up your accusation by tomorrow, with proofs, rather than elementary school gossip, you will be banned.

Read one thread on Jane's site.. and I got the notion that she tried to blame me for CG being banned.

If anything, I was one of those people who did everything I could to help CG out.  A month ago, I was always telling him to stop what he's doing, always telling him to be more polite.  Don't even try your pissant BS with me because I'm tired of it Jane.  I consider CG to be a good friend.

P.S., I could careless what Shivar does.  If he wants to PK me ingame, I'd be glad to make him wait for 6 hours while I continue about my business.  :P  I however did not want him PMing insults to fellow members in GarD or threatening them because he would.

204461[/snapback]

awww is that all you have to say??? "You are under attack, cant move" *rofl* I laughed so hard I cracked my ass :)

Dax, get a life :)

JaneMuffin

Yes, 2 versions, but as the second (illegal one was made, it was split, the one you must have will be the newest, with the 'cool' features such as the battle menu. You CANT make potions in it, it is merely a quickbar to cast restore, drink a potion.. It does have an auto heal and drink potion feature in it, reasons for most people not downloading that version, instead sticking to the other illegal client with only the automixer.

204465[/snapback]

We had both of them, the lite and the pro, and we tested them both. The lite version was undetected, as expected. Maybe there was a previous lite version, that had some more advanced stuff?

im on the list 2 times :/

204451[/snapback]

oopsie case sensitive :)

Everybody can check it in Ents link, you did it to make post ? :/

LoL i am 2 times \o/, i feel conspiracy here :)

204453[/snapback]

I posted it because the other one made my eyes hurt :P

You were in there 404 times :/

so u r saying that evry -EF- player used the 'pro' version of -ef- client with macro etc ?

If you don't back up your accusation by tomorrow, with proofs, rather than elementary school gossip, you will be banned.

204467[/snapback]

BRING IT!

JaneMuffin

I have said my proof and my piece, not to mention my goodbye. Your proof is with Rogue, have him confess or cut his stats :P

We had both of them, the lite and the pro, and we tested them both. The lite version was undetected, as expected. Maybe there was a previous lite version, that had some more advanced stuff?

204469[/snapback]

No, it was an earlier release of the second version, most decided to stick to it because the other was 'too illegal'...

so u r saying that evry -EF- player used the 'pro' version of -ef- client with macro etc ?

204472[/snapback]

No, some EF players didn't even use the EF client, while others used the lite version and were undetected. There are quite a few EF players not on that list, right?

No, it was an earlier release of the second version, most decided to stick to it because the other was 'too illegal'...

204476[/snapback]

Oh. Well, we can't get our hands on ALL the versions running around :P

Oh. Well, we can't get our hands on ALL the versions running around :P

204479[/snapback]

I hope you do.

As I have mentioned countless times before, I love this game and want it played fairly. That does not excuse ANYONE from cheating.

JaneMuffin