Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dragonlord

My chemical romance

ok who likes the song "helena" by "my chemical romance"?

Their like my favorite band, post a song and band that you like and comment on others

to be honest, i cant stand them.

All rock is going to hell imo. Theres no real rock around anymore, all the emo bitching bands are coming up and somehow getting all the fans. And rock bands that used to be good, are selling out. Alot of bands today dont put the effort they should into their albums and come out with complete shit. Albums like Dookie, Nevermind, Smash, Ten, Core, Californication, will never be seen again. Now we'll get singles, that are mediocore and then albums are complete shit.

We need another Nirvana to come around and start another revolution

Edited by MikeH

All rock is going to hell imo. Theres no real rock around anymore, all the emo bitching bands are coming up and somehow getting all the fans. And rock bands that used to be good, are selling out. Alot of bands today dont put the effort they should into their albums and come out with complete shit. Albums like Dookie, Nevermind, Smash, Ten, Core, Californication, will never be seen again. Now we'll get singles, that are mediocore and then albums are complete shit.

203910[/snapback]

Yea i know the best rock is like aerosmith and led zepplin and those oldie bands. Those are the best. Another one of my favorites that EVERYBODY MUST KNOW is "Walk this Way" by aerosmith....THE BEST SONG IN THE WORLD! :)

...if anyone objects then i will kill you in your sleep... :D

MCR is a very good band. :icon13:

I like the bands Atreyu, Killswitch Engage, Silverstein, Scary Kids Scaring Kids, AlexisOnFire, AFI, etc.

I pretty much agree w/ what mikeh said... There are way too many emo bands that sound exactly the same. MCR isn't bad imo, but they're still not on my favorites list..

At least Pearl Jam is still around. Imho, they're the best rock band out there today. They're coming out w/ a new album soon that should be really really good.

Pearl jam is excellent. :icon13:

I don't just like those bands I mentioned, but they are my current favourites.

I also like Metallica, Nirvana, Led Zeplin, Black Sabbath, Oasis (If I'm in the mood. :icon13:), Matthew Good Band (If in mood), Red Hot Chili Peppers are alright, Staind is good, NickelBack okay, and lots more....

203910[/snapback]

yea i think the only modern good rock band is Green day

Everyone who likes MCR might like this song.. "The City Sleeps in Flames" by "Scary Kids Scaring Kids". It is such an epic song, I love it. Oh yes, "only download if you're paying for it"..pfft.

Anywho, if you like the song, also download some Silverstein, Atreyu and Killswitch Engage. These are all underground bands, no mainstream and it'll open your eyes to see what amazing music is out there, besides the mainstream crap.

best rock band around today? I dunno, i wanna say Offpsring, but after Splinter, i've lost faith, it seems like they are selling out.

Pearl jam has lost their touch.

Foo fighters.... i really didnt like their new album at all, their selling out, slowly but surely.

Dave grohl should retire, without kurt cobain he isn that great.

Green day, i dont know. American idiot was ok, but 39 smooth, kerplunk, isomniac were 10x better, and i hear that they are only playing dookie and american idiot songs at concerts.

Metallica needs to know when they've had enough

Red hot chili peppers still together? They have to be the most under rated rock band out there. Every album they come out with is different, and amazing.

And i never liked aerosmith, and especially not walk with this way

best rock band around today? I dunno, i wanna say Offpsring, but after Splinter, i've lost faith, it seems like they are selling out.

Pearl jam has lost their touch.

Foo fighters.... i really didnt like their new album at all, their selling out, slowly but surely.

Dave grohl should retire, without kurt cobain he isn that great.

Green day, i dont know. American idiot was ok, but 39 smooth, kerplunk, isomniac were 10x better, and i hear that they are only playing dookie and american idiot songs at concerts.

Metallica needs to know when they've had enough

Red hot chili peppers still together? They have to be the most under rated rock band out there. Every album they come out with is different, and amazing.

And i never liked aerosmith, and especially not walk with this way

204377[/snapback]

All very good points. I guess I said PearlJam is the best cuz they're my favorite band and i'm inclined to say that :) but yeah they were at their best in the 90s.

I guess we'll all just have to wait until I'm in my early 20's and my band at that time starts getting known nationally :)

wow im not the only nirvana fan in these forums...amazing. i think most of todays bands cant really compare to alot of the older stuff. although rise against has some feeling put into the lyrics that i had thought died with nirvana. audioslave is good too although i would really like to hear something from them a little faster in tempo. and if you are looking for another nirvana hope with me that the rest of my band gets its act together and stops screwing around so we can get noticed and maybe actually make our demo. it also doesnt help that one of our members is in the navy currently. but oh well if we actually get around to making it ill post a thread on here and if you would like to hear it tell me.

I only like the video for Helena.

What I like is "Sugar Water" by Cibo Matto. It's trippy, and the chorus is "la la la."

And I can do a certain dance to it...

P.S. Green Day is icky. That is all.

Edited by Kala

Pearl Jam haven't done much recently. Still damn good :-)

Foo Fighters haven't sold out, lmao!!! their just not the same! Agree, there is only one good track on the latest album

RHCP, totaly underated. _ALL_ their albums have something new to offer, and still make my neck tingle ;-)

Foo Fighters haven't sold out, lmao!!! their just not the same! Agree, there is only one good track on the latest album

RHCP, totaly underated. _ALL_ their albums have something new to offer, and still make my neck tingle ;-)

204669[/snapback]

Eh, well foo fighters has gone into a hole of shit. Selling a completely trashy album and releasing the only good song on it to make money =P

And i totally agree with the RHCP comment.

mcr rox my sox

also like fall out boy same feel in it :)

"All the small things" by Blink-182 is one of my favortite songs though, any comments on blink-182?

205346[/snapback]

yes, blink 182 is a disgrace to all punk music. They fall under the bitching emo group imo.

Fall out boy i cant stand. Sugar im going down has to be one of the worst songs i've ever heard. Next to every single LInkin park song.

It really sucks how horrible rock music is becoming. I can see all the emo bithcing music completely taking over the rock industry and all punk, metal, and what not, get off of mainstream, and soon enough become just local bands and then completely dissapearing.

Like i said before, we need another Nirvana type rock revolution ;D

and i think U2 needs to die in some freak tour bus accident

Edited by MikeH

yes, blink 182 is a disgrace to all punk music. They fall under the bitching emo group imo.

Fall out boy i cant stand. Sugar im going down has to be one of the worst songs i've ever heard. Next to every single LInkin park song.

It really sucks how horrible rock music is becoming. I can see all the emo bithcing music completely taking over the rock industry and all punk, metal, and what not, get off of mainstream, and soon enough become just local bands and then completely dissapearing.

Like i said before, we need another Nirvana type rock revolution ;D

and i think U2 needs to die in some freak tour bus accident

205394[/snapback]

!!!dude thats evil!!!! they are a good band!!! :D