Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

Wow, Frak, I am glad you posted :)

I will post that list in about 12 hours or so, just when the 'ultimatum' expires. You'd be surprised to see how well our method is working.

Wow, Frak, I am glad you posted :blink:

I will post that list in about 12 hours or so, just when the 'ultimatum' expires. You'd be surprised to see how well our method is working.

204167[/snapback]

I bet THIS is the method. :)

I Grawius declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last 2 weeks I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[x] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[x] Other (please specify)

experience show/coloured GM/zoom/#save command

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

With humility,

Grawius

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

I Demostat declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

-zoom client, coloured #Gms, attack/defense counter, automix, ingame maps from *O* site and #save command

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

Not gonna rat out any1

With humility,

Demostat

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

P.P.S. I have used automix on several ocasions when i was just sick of clicking every second or 3, but i was not afk at the time of usage. If i remember correctly, I haven`t used it since 2 weeks ago, because it is faster to make things with normal clicking. I doubt i gained a single potion/alchemy level while using it.

-edit forgot to ad ingame maps and #save command

Edited by demostat

I shasso declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

[] Other (please specify)

I used a client with zooming and exp cointer and different #gm colours and maps and #save

I did this like a year and half ago

I didn’t really know what to do, I don’t agree with all of this statement but didn’t want to be a smartass and edit it.. I never used any illegal/macro shit (my levels are ZERO anyway except for fighting and u cant macro that, every fighter knows it. Tehnically yes but it would be obvious). The stuff I listed above was never illegal but yes, I used a modified client in the test period. I used normal at the start and when I was exploring but since I didn’t think it would hurt anyone I used the zoom later and I didn’t post any fake bugs because of it.

I understand I shouldn’t use it in this period and im sorry for it and I hope I wont get cut because I don't think I could carry on =/

With humility,

shasso

I HaRdCoRe declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last 2 weeks I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

experience show/coloured GM/zoom/#save command

With humility,

HaRdCoRe

------------------------------------------------------------

-____________________________-'

man getting stats reduced for this sucks

go catch some real crooks like macroers/automaters not people that only use z00m exp counter coloured Gm and #save ;/

Edit: if you really reduce someone's stats for something this petty then do it right away so i can train again ;|

Edited by Hardcore

I understand I shouldn’t use it in this period and im sorry for it and I hope I wont get cut because I don't think I could carry on =/

204174[/snapback]

Same here :/

I wasted so much time playing this game :)

Edited by NitageR

I Djinn declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Macroed

zoom client, coloured #Gms, attack/defense counter, automix, ingame maps and #save command

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

Djinn

i'm almost at the same situation as barnak like him i also have carpal tunnel syndrome i'm with doctors for that and a physio. i only use the automix option when i'm in the mood for training my manufacturing skill. it will not automatically take from or put goods in storage. i have never been afk using this option and there is no point in it eather i can make 30 helmets then i'm full and automix stops. that's how it works and that's how i'm able to play this game.

and ofcourse now we confess it's easy to say you should have contacted either mihaim, entropy roja or even wytter. but still what do you think they will give us a client wich contains automixing option or something close to that? i don't really think so. someone i know made a client wich had this option and for me like i said before it was the possibility to play this game. so i made use of it

the only advantage i had by using this client was and still is my health irl!!!

greetings Djinn

I wasted so much time playing this game :icon13:

204177[/snapback]

i think i will too :icon13:

i didn't spend so much time training just to get stats reduced by one small mistake

I wasted so much time playing this game :icon13:

204177[/snapback]

same i dont wanna lose so much for 1 mistake;/

Edited by Grawius

As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

This feels like in the middle ages when there were witches :icon13:

Mr. F, I was wondering, would you be willing to do some 'patriotic work' (that is, implementing some features for the Official client, such as a minimap and stuff), in exchange for reducing the punishment for those who used it to 15% instead of 20%, or 25% instead of 30 for those who also macroed using it?

I Slashfury declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[x] Other (please specify) used Exp counter and GM color changer and *o* guild site maps

[jerro]

With humility,

Slashfury

Edited by Slashfury

hmmm i'm wondering if you never did something illegal and this is ur first time doing something illegal and then get punished like this...

how big would the punishment for someone doing illegal things all the time then? :/

what happened to the warnings?

as long as i play this game macroers have been warned first or if you did anything else illegal.

so the people commiting their first mistake will get stats reduced right away?

So far the macroers have been warned because we had no 100% reliable method to detect them. Plus, by now people should know already what they can expect when macroing or using illegal clients.

I, Doctor, am unable to know whether or not "I" used it. I need a response from One of the people with the list, and if I am on it, I guess I will have to take the penalty. However, I cannot post because I am unsure. Someone notify me as to whether or not "I" am on the list please?

ye really...i mean this is my first time ever even being warned about something...but all the ppl that used to do it got TONS of warning it just sucks i made one mistake and now could lose alot of things that ppl in the past would just get a warning about on their first time

edit: sry posted when ent posted

Edited by Slashfury

I [Logiscom] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [time interval] I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[X] Other (please specify)

(Zoom, exp counter and #save command)

[Zebellah] (when he was in -EF- for sure)

With humility,

[Logiscom]

Edited by Logger

TBH im disappointed cos like no 1 cheated in first EL and shows how this game has turned in a cheating frenzy :don: :don: :don: 1 thing i find even worse is that half of them are the players who have played this for ages which is even worse, its also a kick in the bollocks because i always wondered why i was so far behind every1 in the game, now too some relief i know its not just cos they play more :icon13:

i think all their stats should be slapped down cos this is pathetic and the funniest bit is, after this giant clear up of this they will probs do it again and get levels right back to where they were once ent has penalised them.

This shows a real problem in the game and i suppose there isnt much anyone can do to stop it.

21. No Macroing or Automation.

Do not use illegal automated programs, scripts or computers. The use of any illegal automated program or system, devices, computers or scripts will result in an immediate ban from the game.

Why bother with this topic when the rules already state this?

Mr. F, I was wondering, would you be willing to do some 'patriotic work' (that is, implementing some features for the Official client, such as a minimap and stuff), in exchange for reducing the punishment for those who used it to 15% instead of 20%, or 25% instead of 30 for those who also macroed using it?

204197[/snapback]

Sorry, by Mr. F, do you mean me? if so then sure, let me set up my dev-c++ properly (if properly is even possible these days)

You already have my email address, so that is why I wonder if this post was aimed at me (plus my old char was greg_f, a bit of a giveaway) if not just ignore the ramblings of a madman heh

Sorry, by Mr. F, do you mean me? if so then sure, let me set up my dev-c++ properly (if properly is even possible these days)

You already have my email address, so that is why I wonder if this post was aimed at me (plus my old char was greg_f, a bit of a giveaway) if not just ignore the ramblings of a madman heh

204229[/snapback]

i think he ment frak :/