Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

i would like to say that i believe rogues guild (*O*) all use cheat client

and the bummers from UTI

204065[/snapback]

lol! giving in names and he didnt even break the rules!!

I Barnak declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last few months I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[X] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[X] Other (please specify)

auto mixer

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[no one I hate enough to disgrace]

With humility,

Barnak

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

----------------------------

For what it is worth...

No excuses... Just some last words from a loyal fan of EL.

Since I will probably be banned anyway I have nothing to lose.

In spite of my recent 1 week punishment I consider myself a good citizen of EL.

I have always helped people (including newbies). Ask anyone who knows me.

Yes I am an avid user of an auto mixer. I have been for some time.

I have never used it while being AFK. I dont like being AFK to begin with.

I have used it even though it is slower than when I click everything myself.

Imagine that! I can make everything faster by doing it myself!.

Why would I use it if it is slower?

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

The auto mixer has allowed me to play EL even after my doctor advised against it.

I consider the auto mixer to be like the cruise control on your car.

You don't turn on the cruise control, and get out of the car...

I am not looking for sympathy here. Not sure I would continue to play even if I was allowed.

Did I hurt anyone by using the auto mixer? No. It did nothing that I would not have done myself.

Was it illegal? Yes. Did I use it knowing it was illegal? Yes.

You ever drive over the speed limit in your car?

Sincerely,

Barnak

I Nitager declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last umm.. 6-7 days? I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[x] Other (please specify)

I used a client with zooming and a/d display and differend typing colours,#save.

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

-

With humility,

Nitager

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why/What i used in that client ?

- [ zooming ] Trust me training with current zoom is really hard because fluffy is so small to find him on maps like GP or TD .

- [ a/d displayer ] Beacuse i wanted to know how much exp i have done/how much exp i got from monster or pvp/when should i flee.

Thats all i think.

Edited by NitageR

Why i used that client ?

- [ zooming ] Trust me training with current zoom is really hard because fluffy is so small to find him on maps like GP or TD .

- [ a/d displayer ] Beacuse i wanted to know how much exp i have done/how much exp i got from monster or pvp/when should i flee.

Thats all i think.

Roger that.

i really don't think you have an unfair advantage over others with coloured gm or zoom

like you would lvl faster then others or be stronger then others with zoom/coloured gm/exp counter :icon13:

with zoom you do. The current zoom does not cover an entire spawn area. Zooming out further allows you to have complete control over a spawn, thus giving you an advantage over those that don't have it. It also allows you to more easily find animals/monsters/bags.

I only sleep four, Ent.  :icon13:

203946[/snapback]

4 hours is the perfect amount of sleep. I sleep for 7 or so, but 4 is scientifically proven to be the perfect amount. You don't fall into a very deep sleep yet so the next day you aren't as tired as you would be if you slept only 5-7. Under 4 hours is obviously not enough.

with zoom you do. The current zoom does not cover an entire spawn area. Zooming out further allows you to have complete control over a spawn, thus giving you an advantage over those that don't have it. It also allows you to more easily find animals/monsters/bags.

204105[/snapback]

i train in the vermor castle secret ogre spawn you don't need a zoom for that ;/

Yes I am an avid user of an auto mixer. I have been for some time.

I have never used it while being AFK. I dont like being AFK to begin with.

I have used it even though it is slower than when I click everything myself.

Imagine that! I can make everything faster by doing it myself!.

Why would I use it if it is slower? 

Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

The auto mixer has allowed me to play EL even after my doctor advised against it.

While I fully sympathize with those that have CTS (I myself am beginning to develop it and it's no fun--I also plan on redoing things in the game to help us CTS'ers), you still should have asked for permission from either myself, entropy, or mihaim to clear up your reasons why and make it be known.

4 hours is the perfect amount of sleep. I sleep for 7 or so, but 4 is scientifically proven to be the perfect amount. You don't fall into a very deep sleep yet so the next day you aren't as tired as you would be if you slept only 5-7. Under 4 hours is obviously not enough.

204107[/snapback]

Mmh... It depends on the person, on their physiology, culture, level of stress...

There is not such thing as a fixed amount of sleep working for everyone.

But there's what some call "slumber unit" - I don't know if there's such a name in English (here is a wild translation). It's an amount of time covering a full sleep for one person, from dozing to awakening, with light, deep, paradoxal slumber sequences. That "slumber unit" can last from 3/4 of an hour to two hours (if I recall correctly) and is bound to parameters such as physiology, blah (see above).

Mine is about 1h20.

What does that mean ? If you sleep an amount of time equals to a multiple of your "slumber unit", you sleep "well". Cutting your sleep amidst such a unit will bereave you of the sleep positive effect.

*Reads back*

Oh Lord... I'm completely out of topic, I'm so gonna get disciplined ! :icon13:

I have some suggestions to stop macroers....

1) Go into storages, say something like, "Everyone in the room say "hi" within the next 2 minutes or be kicked out of game (not banned, just exited from game) and have the last 20 minutes of activity rolled back.

So if they were just AFK, they'll be kicked and lose 20 minutes which most of it would be while they were AFK, hopefully.

If they were macroing, they'll lose 20 minutes of progress, and if they're out of their house or sleeping they won't be able to log back on and continue macroing.

2) When using a macroer, it would avoid going AFK right?

So you could send out a message saying. "everyone log off and don't come back on for 2 minutes".

You could possibly find a list of everyone who is AFK and have them kicked without losing progress.

Everyone who wasn't AFK and didn't log out would lose all of their progress from macroing.

Yes, some people might accidentally screw this up and lose progress when they weren't macroing. But if everyone knows that these things occur maybe once a day, they'll be more careful.

1) Go into storages, say something like, "Everyone in the room say "hi" within the next 2 minutes or be kicked out of game (not banned, just exited from game) and have the last 20 minutes of activity rolled back.

So if they were just AFK, they'll be kicked and lose 20 minutes which most of it would be while they were AFK, hopefully.

If they were macroing, they'll lose 20 minutes of progress, and if they're out of their house or sleeping they won't be able to log back on and continue macroing.

So you could send out a message saying. "everyone log off and don't come back on for 2 minutes".

You could possibly find a list of everyone who is AFK and have them kicked without losing progress.

Everyone who wasn't AFK and didn't log out would lose all of their progress from macroing.

Yes, some people might accidentally screw this up and lose progress when they weren't macroing. But if everyone knows that these things occur maybe once a day, they'll be more careful.

204116[/snapback]

I am sorry, but no... This happens to me a bunch when I am potioning/alch/whatever. I will have a big bag of stuff under me, and my mom calls me to do something that takes a few mins... If I understand you correctly, if a mod/adim came and did that while I was afk, I would lose everything in the bag, as well as all the work for the last 20 mins. Also, it would only be a matter of time before people abuse that. Think about it. Someone sees a mod or whoever coming, they trade all of there really valuable items to a friend right next to them. The friend logs to avoid losing the last 20 mins of work, and the person who gave the stuff would wait. Lose the last 20 mins of work? guess what? they would get the items back then! sorry, but no :icon13:

I Tidus declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last 2 weeks? I dunno, go by the start of update, i've cheated in the following ways:

[x] Used an illegal client

[x] Macroed (in the illegal client)

[] Other (please specify)

I understand that by doing this I deprived other players by their time and effort, since i've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

[Hoaxer, Belali, Jerro]

With humility,

Tidus

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character and give out my items.

203983[/snapback]

I Belali declare i didnt use any illegal clients

I used only tc client when it was legal

After warning i deleted it and used only official el client

After my last ban i didnt muled and also i never Created and distributed an illegal client.

I only used the maps of the underworld and Nc pk cave (from *o* site ) i didnt know using this is illegal

After site blocked links and i deleted that maps

With humility,

Belali

Edited by belali

204116[/snapback]

mods can see if you are doing something. Loads of people get banned when rogue starts looking for macroers at storage. Thats why i never left my screen when i did my bit of macroing. I think this systems works ok, because you never know when a mod comes by to check.

Also, it would only be a matter of time before people abuse that.  Think about it.  Someone sees a mod or whoever coming, they trade all of there really valuable items to a friend right next to them. The friend logs to avoid losing the last 20 mins of work, and the person who gave the stuff would wait.  Lose the last 20 mins of work? guess what? they would get the items back then! sorry, but no  :)

204123[/snapback]

Err I don't think you understand. :blink:

Why would they trade the stuff? They can just log out themselves. :S

EDIT: Oh.. alright, Nidan. :D

Edited by MindFreak

can i get a delay of my punishment?

i sended entropy a important pm which he needs to answer first before i'm posting (else i would be punished while he pm's me with no you aren't getting punished f.e.)

I frak declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. I've cheated in the following ways:

[x] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[x] Created and distributed an illegal client. (some mods/devs used my client too, wont tell who tho =P)

2nd char AbelNightroad

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

frak :shame:

P.P.S I hope u dont forget my good deeds :) now show those logs, i wonder what u got if anything :blink:

Regarding Barnak and Roja's postings about an automixer....please define what an automixer is and what is does. I am not familiar with that term and the definition is important to all of us in the EL community

Regarding Barnak and Roja's postings about an automixer....please define what an automixer is and what is does.  I am not familiar with that term and the definition is important to all of us in the EL community

204141[/snapback]

normally its 1 click to produce 1 item, with automixer u just click once and then it automagically starts mixing until your out of ingredients or foodlevel drops below 0

I littlestar declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last, hmm since I started playing again, test week minus some, I've cheated in the following ways:

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

Used a client whit zoom, ingame maps and coloured #GMs. I have tried a client whit automixing but it felt wrong to gain lvls that way (even if I never was afk while the automixer was on) so I stopped using it.

[names of other traitors here]

With humility,

littlestar