Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

I dont think the client had macroing in it but honstly I am not sure it was made from the cvs it did have extra zoom not sure if that is from the cvs or was added and it did have extra bags on maps but I did not use that and not sure how it matters. I did read and agree to the rules and that is why I posted the admission. As for the client being released it was as u say crappy and rushed but I was not using that as an excuse other than it was unplayable for me. So I got a cleint that would let me play. As I know several other people did too that HAVE not posted here. I am posting here because I like the damn game and want to see it continue and I hope I can continue playing it because I do like it. If not then I am sure I will survive. But damn, we dont know who a mod is who a dev is who a nh is anymore we dont know who to ask or listen too. Do you think I set out to cheat the damn game after I have played straight for this long. I have worked my ass off fair and legal to get here and now it appears I have been cheating for at least a week. Come on I have been playing so many hours I cant count them. This is very frustrating because I dont know what all I DID do that was illegeal. If i were told when I was doing it I would have stopped instead I am told in a post that hey we know this we know that and admit it and we will not reset you to zero. I mean that is a little frustrating for us players. But, maybe you do not want players as steadfast as my. I play for over 16 hours a day (yes I know I need a life).

thank you but where is that listed for the average player and what does it tell us who or how much to trust what they say. I am not being unreasonable here just trying to point out that the rules are a little fluid at times and very unclear at others when you read the forums. If you ask for clearification you get answers feom people you have no idea if they have the authority to give the answer and more times than not they are corrected by someone else that you dont know if you can trust. The dev/imps/mods/nh need a single face not multiple interpertations of the rules.

Back to my maps issue for one last time...I specifically asked a mod before i installed the 2 or 3 cave maps that I Installed if it was ok to use those, and was told yes. I apologize for using them and have removed them until further notice..As far as them being removed from the *O* site, I already had them from the previous release.

I love EL and would never want to do anything to hinder the games progress, or make me look bad in anyone's eyes, that's why I cleared it with a mod first. (I have chat logs of the convo, but will not post them in public)

The dev/imps/mods/nh need a single face not multiple interpertations of the rules.

203932[/snapback]

That would vastly improve the effectiveness of the mods, and make the game community run much smoother.

The dev/imps/mods/nh need a single face not multiple interpertations of the rules.

203932[/snapback]

That very issue has come up before, and if you will notice - had you read the rules back in 1.0.1 and compared them to the "new" ones, you would note that this set is far more rigid than the past. Why? Too many people have already tried the "not in the rules" card to commit crimes against the community.

The problem with a completely rigid set of rules is that you will always have the people who will break them - if we agree to rigid ruling only, we have to accept that cheaters WILL be here, and they will find ways to cheat while honest players lose.

This is, as I see it.

Same scenario as LadyWolf, but asked three mods. One yes, one no, one no response. I have also removed the two cave maps from the previous release I've had and apologize if they've somehow been the scourge of the game law. I'm not the kind of person to cheat, because that gets you no satisfaction in the end.

Sorry if this has caused any trouble. :mellow:

I dont think the client had macroing in it but honstly I am not sure it was made from the cvs it did have extra zoom not sure if that is from the cvs or was added and it did have extra bags on maps but I did not use that and not sure how it matters.  I did read and agree to the rules and that is why I posted the admission.  As for the client being released it was as u say crappy and rushed but I was not using that as an excuse other than it was unplayable for me.  So I got a cleint that would let me play.  As I know several other people did too that HAVE not posted here.  I am posting here because I like the damn game and want to see it continue and I hope I can continue playing it because I do like it.  If not then I am sure I will survive. But damn, we dont know who a mod is who a dev is who a nh is anymore we dont know who to ask or listen too. Do you think I set out to cheat the damn game after I have played straight for this long. I have worked my ass off fair and legal to get here and now it appears I have been cheating for at least a week.  Come on I have been playing so many hours I cant count them.  This is very frustrating because I dont know what all I DID do that was illegeal.  If i were told when I was doing it I would have stopped instead I am told in a post that hey we know this we know that and admit it and we will not reset you to zero.  I mean that is a little frustrating for us players. But, maybe you do not want players as steadfast as my. I play for over 16 hours a day (yes I know I need a life).

203930[/snapback]

So you are telling me that the official client didn't work, the second and 3rd patch didn't work either, but the client made by we know who works?

And you are also telling me that you sleep only 6 hours/day, in 2 different 3 hour intervals? Or maybe you play EL while you sleep? Come on, do you think we are that stupid?

Tomorrow we will post all the names of the illegal client users, together with logs and other juicy details about their clients and stuff like that.

Oh man, I can't wait, my fingers are itchy already :P

And play EL the rest of the day everyday? :D

203947[/snapback]

I work during the weeks (so i only play 6hrs) and play el in the weekends for hours and hours without sleep. If any mod/def/nh suspect i am cheating feel free to pm me and see how i am not.

"Hello, my name is LadyWolf, and I am an EL addict"

I work till 4 pm, get home get online around 6 and I'm here till 2 or 3 am every week night..most all day sat and sun..We love EL..what can I say :D

i just read this threat since it was updated about the maps. i was not aware until shiavrs post after reading it that we couldnt use the maps. i copied the old maps i used that i got off *o* website and used some of them like the map of underworld the map of magic school that vanyel made and nc cave and CM. why was the map issue not adressed in blue spam when there were messages about illegal clients and macroing? i dont read every single forum thread and i hadnt read this one and now im freaking out becuase i didnt know and i dunno what is going to happen. now that i know i wount use any damn maps at all :D

please excuse me for being a bit stressed im just upset at what might happen next. *sigh*

Umm.... this thread is for teh macroers and illegal client users to admit they're cheating, and I think it should stay like that....

(meaning, we gots too many spam in this thread and not even one person macroing/cheating)

(meaning, we need this thread cleaned up :D )

Edited by sisteMa`

Why am I giving them a chance? Because, well, I know that they won't take it anyway. Which will make reseting their levels so much more satisfying :D

203596[/snapback]

I Tidus declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last 2 weeks? I dunno, go by the start of update, i've cheated in the following ways:

[x] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[x] Other (please specify)

Automixer, never went afk while mixing with it though, always stayed on EL.

I understand that by doing this I deprived other players by their time and effort, since i've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[belali]

With humility,

Tidus

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character and give out my items.

Edited by Tidus

Wow, am i the first one? Oh well, here goes nothing:

I Nidan declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the test week I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[X] Other (please specify)

Used a client with zooming abilities and ingame maps that were provided on http://o.tfm.ro before the test week. I also tried a client with automix. After doing some potions with it, i decided this was not how i wanted to gain my potion levels and stopped using it. After that i went back to a client with zooming abilities and maps only.

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[names of other traitors here]

I could come up with quite a list of people that used modified clients too, including friends, enemies and even mods. (Although i guess the mods were informed of this new way to catch illegal activities, so you don't have to fire half of the mod/dev team). However, i choose not to rat anyone out. (Do i hear some sighs of relief there?)

With humility,

Nidan

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

---------------

I hope you will take into account that i only used the macro for a very very short while (didn't even gain a single level with it) and that clients with zooming abilities were only illegal for these last 2 weeks.

Furthermore i would like to say that in my opinion i have never tried to play unfair. To support this statement i have stopped using that macro long before this post. So even tho i didn't see much risk in using the macro (i was there all the time, it was just less clicking om my behalf) i stopped using it by my own. Also, being a (starting) developer, it would be so easy to build all kinds of macroing stuff (such as autoheal, auto drink potion, auto keep attacking monsters, auto mule whatever ingredient to whatever storage) yet i chose not to.

I hope the above will make my punishment somewhat lighter than the 20 or 30% and the overall reset (OMG! 84M exp down drain for at most 10k potion exp :D)

Humbly awaiting your decision,

Nidan

Wow, am i the first one? Oh well, here goes nothing:

203996[/snapback]

No, i posted first, but you cant see it yet... (mod preview :D )

I arkharth declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. Before the update, I've cheated in the following ways:

[x] Used an illegal client (illegal version of TC client with bag/people map radar)

[] Macroed

[] Other (please specify)

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes.

With humility,

ArkHarth

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

edit: I await your decision as I am at boarding school during the week and I am only at home during the weekends. Thanks.

Edited by Thorr

There is no current working TC client :D are you referring to one of the older ones, or has someone made a new version? Enquiring minds need to know

Edit: ok you edited your post, you referred to the old versions, I spoke to Entropy about this thread and the early TC clients, they were ok as long as players updated when new versions came out whenever the old version was declared illegal.

I was worried too, I have released lots of versions of the TC client which were deemed illegal a few days after release - that sure kept me busy.

As I understand it, this thread does not include the TC client, unless you knowingly used an illegal one *after* a legal update was released for it (for example the bags on map version, or the permanent day version [did I do one of those? I seem to recollect one, but meeeeh there were so many versions it is hard to keep track])

So if you are just referring to the TC client, you're safe unless you kept using the illegal ones after they were updated.

Hope (1) I am correct in the above statement, (2) I understood everything I was told correctly.

Edited by LabRat

Wait a minute - maybe I'm just easily confused here but my impression was that the TC Client available before the update was legal? I remember seeing numerous posts here regarding 'old' versions of it being used to spy out bags and jump them, but that the newest version was legal at the time? Can I get some clarification on this please? I haven't used it since the update so I'm just wondering about preupdate.

I'm just fearing that if the last version preupdate was illegal at the time that I have to fill out one of those form thingies :D

(TC) client has nothing to do with this thread... We have not released a (TC) client for this version of the game.

Please speak no more of it here or you'll just confuse people further.

why was the map issue not adressed in blue spam when there were messages about illegal clients and macroing?  i dont read every single forum thread and i hadnt read this one and now im freaking out becuase i didnt know and i dunno what is going to happen.  now that i know i wount use any damn maps at all :D

203979[/snapback]

For the last time, this isn't about the maps!!!!! That is why it wasn't mentioned when we bc'd about illegal clients!!! That is a different issue concerning testing the update, nothing to do with illegal clients AT ALL!!!! Are you even reading THIS thread? <_<

I sMooMs declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last week I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[x] Other (please specify)

I used a client with zooming and a/d display and differend typing colours.

Jahgan aka dreamboy.

With humility,

sMooMs

Edited by Mr.sMooMs

i need some answers from entropy first before i post so if he doesn't answer before monday please wait with lowering stats till 0 :D