Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

Wait just a sec...

Up until this newest update I was using the TC Client.  It featured Colored GMs, Uber Zoom, and XP counter.

204294[/snapback]

I used TC in the old version too. I don't think anyone using features like that are getting punished...My version must have sucked though cause it had white only GM's :blush:

If people are getting punished for that the same as Macroing I think that would be unfair too. But I think this is mainly about the macros. They should be punished to the fullest in my opinion. Macros didn't earn the stats anyway.

I used TC in the old version too. I don't think anyone using features like that are getting punished...My version must have sucked though cause it had white only GM's :blush:

If people are getting punished for that the same as Macroing I think that would be unfair too. But I think this is mainly about the macros. They should be punished to the fullest in my opinion. Macros didn't earn the stats anyway.

204384[/snapback]

People who macroed are getting punished worse. The point is that it was illegal to use any client other than the official one until further notice. It was even posted on the forums and discussed.

*Hangs head in shame*

I [Pennifuin] declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [from Update for about 3 days] I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[X] Other (please specify)

(Uber Zoom)

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

With humility,

[Pennifuin]

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

P.P.S Please take into consideration that i am not a fighter, and i have the mm perk, so Uber Zoom had no other bonus apart from making navigation and exploration (which i love to death!) easier.

Sorry I'm late with this, i have been at university!!

most of these guys are guilty of more than coloured gm and ubber zoom(ubber zoom is STILL cheating and does have an unfair advantage that others don't have, especially in PKing and searching for monsters).. the ef boys are just banning together to come out of this with as much less damage as possible. autoheal/automix/zoom/etc .. they can go around and break any rule at whim.. accuse the mods of cheating, etc.. and the reality is that THEY are the ones who are cheating. ironic and hypocritical i think and personally, i'm looking forward to seeing the list. a few EF came clean and told the truth but most whitewashed their "version" of truth with yet more lies and dishonesty and yet some still haven't even posted. entropy said if you are using an illegal client whether you macroed or not there would be a punishment of 20% loss of skills experience and overall kill reset. and for those who also macroed 30%... personally, i think he is being more than generous. but i'm getting sick watching some of you whine that you only used coloured gm and ubber zoom, or you weren't clear about the rules, etc etc .. blah blah blah... you knew exactly what you were doing and enjoyed every single minute of it thinking that you were yet getting over on the mods/devs/ent again...and it wasn't just some one week infraction either.. some of you used illegal clients for years and certainly longer than days... you dance around the rules like you own all and your blank doesn't stink... get over yourselves!..BS and you know it.. you're just trying to save your ubber ass. and it's not really fair to the rest of us who don't cheat. i say throw the book at them and throw it hard. :blush:

EDIT: this is Enyo speaking on my son's account just so everyone knows who is being the ubber bitch here. grrr :omg: going back to bed.. 3 28 am here in france..

Edited by Thorr

People who macroed are getting punished worse.  The point is that it was illegal to use any client other than the official one until further notice.  It was even posted on the forums and discussed.

204386[/snapback]

Not everyone reads the forums. Even alot of those who do don't see all the topics. I myself read the forums daily but there is so much junk to sift thru I miss a lot. I didn't know there were new clients available yet lol. Had I known about them I may have used one not intending to do wrong. Sometimes its good to be out of the loop on things.

I guess this is a way to get everyones attention about the subject though :) As long as the Macroer get the most of the punishmend cause they have it coming more.

Then why are you taking away people's exp for using it?

204381[/snapback]

It's not uber zoom and colored text that we're doing this over.

Enyo.. unless you have something constructive to say, please be quiet.

204404[/snapback]

Why is every post turned into a soap opera. Either you cheated or didn't. No need to start guild wars on every thread. Personal grudges have no place here from anyone. Try to stay on topic for once people. :)

would sticking molgar on a barrel so he can be seen count as exp decresion worthy?

Customized confession:

I (Awn) have been modding the CVS to better understand the code for 2 reasons:

To learn the code so that I can get Adarah up and running.

To give back to the community with some graphical/hud enhancements

I do not see how these are traitorous so I do not feel that the provided confession is apropos (hence this one). My changes have been watched by a game mod (but not by a developer as far as I know). All my changes require constant user interaction so I really do not believe that I deprived anyone or gained an unfair advantage (I am in a non-PK guild to boot).

Regardless, I do ask for mercy from Entropy and the other devs and hope that my modifications can make it into the live client for everyone to enjoy. I would never deliberately ask for a penalty as a result of trying to help the community, but readily acknowledge that I did break a rule and will humbly submit to any prescribed punishment.

Once again, I fully acknowledge that I was making the modifications while I knew that we were not supposed to modify the client. Sigh.

With a measure of humility,

Drakos7

Devs: If you want to know the mod who was observing my progress, links to screenshots of what I made, code diffs, personal character references, or have other questions you can reach me through the normal channels.

I Senia declare that I am a traitor of the part.. err, community. In the last [since update] I've cheated in the following ways:

(mark with an X the options that apply)

[] Used an illegal client

[] Macroed

[] Created and distributed an illegal client.

[X exp, zoom, #save, and automix(not afk)] Other (please specify)

I understand that by doing that I deprived other players by their time and effort, since I've gained an unfair advantage over them, and even though Entropy mercifully decided to forgive me, I ASK to be penalized with a 30% of all my skills exp and an overal kill reset if I've been macroing, and a 20% penalty if I've only been using an illegal client without macroing.

I give this declaration using my whole free will, because I am ashamed of my wrongdoings. I was NOT coerced into it, nor was I threatened or blackmailed into signing it.

I hope that the community will forgive me, and I am terribly sorry for my past mistakes. As a service to the society, I am willing to denounce the following traitors, so that my punishment will be 5% smaller than the one I really deserve:

[it's just 1.5mill defense (and other stats but w/e), I'm not gonna tell on anyone :)]

With humility,

Ryuu

P.S. I will, of course, never cheat again, and if I will ever do so, please delete my character.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do what you will to my character, but I must say this, that thing about 10k exp while you sleep is complete bullshit. If anything the automix only allowed me to make SR's while my right wrist was sprained, and no it's not like you just walk away and the game plays itself and you come back and: "oh, rainbows and gumdrops, a level up!"

*never went afk while mixing*

Ciao, you may not see me for a long time. It's been fun :)

P.P.S. If you want my msn address send me a forum PM

l8er

TBH im disappointed cos like no 1 cheated in first EL and shows how this game has turned in a cheating frenzy  :don:  :don:  :don:  1 thing i find even worse is that half of them are the players who have played this for ages which is even worse, its also a kick in the bollocks because i always wondered why i was so far behind every1 in the game, now too some relief i know its not just cos they play more  :)

i think all their stats should be slapped down cos this is pathetic and the funniest bit is, after this giant clear up of this they will probs do it again and get levels right back to where they were once ent has penalised them.

This shows a real problem in the game and i suppose there isnt much anyone can do to stop it.

204219[/snapback]

Complete bullshit, the client you are thinking of doesn't even exist, or maybe it is the old UTi not exactly sure. :)

EDIT: oh, and one other thing, the reason they level faster then you is because they aren't noobs. :) You don't know HOW to level up, if you did, you would level at the same speed, or at the very least close to it.

Edited by Ryuu

Damn mrmind starting to hate u for some reason, i mean ur a pshyco and then these glasses lol.

Edited by Mr.sMooMs